Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Is this worth -8p hit?

Zab -> Baines
    Sturridge -> Aguero

My current team is:

Mannone
    Distin-Ward-Zab
    Yaya-Silva-Eriksen-Lallana
    S-L-S

Why swap 1 DGWer for another for -4?
    Suppose you want to free a Man City place for Aguero.
    Too risky IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

iroced wrote: »
    Yes if you're desperate to catch up.

No otherwise.

Zab has a DGW and offers attacking potential (maybe not as much as Baines but still). We don't know how fit is Aguero. I guess he won't push it too far himself since he surely absolutely does not want to miss the WC.

Thanks mate. Leading my money league by 8 points which isnt nothing but I'm bit worried about not Baines cos my rival has have him.

And I also need to ditch Zabaleta at some point if I want Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Can't buy Aguero until next week--hit my 3 City limit, so gonna have to sit this one out. Will be watching City play from behind my hands.

Dunno why but I decided that City are gonna beat Liverpool 3-2.

Undecided on captain. Have it on Lukaku but that's want to change, especially given his record.

Can't buy Aguero until next week--hit my 3 City limit, so gonna have to sit this one out. Will be watching City play from behind my hands.

Dunno why but I decided that City are gonna beat Liverpool 3-2.

Undecided on captain. Have it on Lukaku but that's want to change, especially given his record.

But Everton really pushing for 4th place and I think Lukaku will do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

302706.jpg

I'm thinking of Skrtel and Sturridge to Mariappa and Agüero.
    What do you think of this? I'm a bit unsure on Mariappa(Palace, 3.9) but he plays twice and I have such a feeling for Aguero this week. I cant get any other City or Everton players so it would need to be a Palace defender for the Dgw.
    Possibly Hazard and Sturridge to Aguero and someone else,but who? (1.7 in bank)

302706.jpg

What do you think of this? I'm a bit unsure on Mariappa(Palace, 3.9) but he plays twice and I have such a feeling for Aguero this week. I cant get any other City or Everton players so it would need to be a Palace defender for the Dgw.

Just one thing to say..........
    Impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

302706.jpg

Very similar to my own team. Would you consider Hazard to Eriksen and then play 3-4-3?

Very similar to my own team. Would you consider Hazard to Eriksen and then play 3-4-3?

Well I would be reluctant to part with him as Jose could have him starting next week. Would also leave me with 3.6m which I feel uncomfortable having sittting unused. Do you think Eriksen is that attrative having no doubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

About 20/30 points off the top of my league. Worth a -8pt hit to do the following??

Hazard, Sturridge, Kolarov -> Mirallas, Azpilicueta, Aguero

• Advertisement

Well I would be reluctant to part with him as Jose could have him starting next week. Would also leave me with 3.6m which I feel uncomfortable having sittting unused. Do you think Eriksen is that attrative having no doubles?

I think he's more attractive for the rest of the season based on their fixtures. I can't see Jose risking Hazard next weekend when their CL tie is the following Tuesday. If it was any other stage of the season, I'd be keeping him but just think there's better options now.

robocode wrote: »
    About 20/30 points off the top of my league. Worth a -8pt hit to do the following??

Hazard, Sturridge, Kolarov -> Mirallas, Azpilicueta, Aguero

Why Azpi for Kolarov when Kolarov has a double game week this week and is less expensive than the man away to Swansea?

Why Azpi for Kolarov when Kolarov has a double game week this week and is less expensive than the man away to Swansea?

Sorry, should have said. Already have Yaya and Silva so to bring in Aguero Kolarov would get the bullet

robocode wrote: »
    Sorry, should have said. Already have Yaya and Silva so to bring in Aguero Kolarov would get the bullet

Oh I see, I would have Miralles this week and transfer him out next week for Mata if you could as Everton's fixture decline considerably after the Dgw. Aguero looks good for Sturridge but,although this probably allows the Aguero transfer, I would only do the Hazard transfer if I was prepared to face points losses in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Think I'll bank the transfer this week and use if for surgery for the next DGW!

Sturridge & Hazard are walking a fine line though

Oh I see, I would have Miralles this week and transfer him out next week for Mata if you could as Everton's fixture decline considerably after the Dgw. Aguero looks good for Sturridge but,although this probably allows the Aguero transfer, I would only do the Hazard transfer if I was prepared to face points losses in the future.

I could just go with a -4 hit and do Silva->Mirallas and Sturridge->Aguero. That would leave me with one crappy mid but I'd be benching Hazard and so holding on to him. If I sold him I doubt I could afford to get him back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone know the status of Terry for this game week, will he play?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Anyone know the status of Terry for this game week, will he play?

Don't know but The Guardian have named Luiz and listed Terry as doubtful....

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

is borac fit for tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

beaver111 wrote: »
    is borac fit for tomorrow

You know. I'm tempted to play him, as could get more points from his one game than Mannones two. If he doesn't play, I'll still have the safety net from Mannones two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm tempted now to go -4. Mirallas and Aguero in for Sturridge and Hazard.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm tempted now to go -4. Mirallas and Aguero in for Sturridge and Hazard.

Reading my mind. Are you prepared to sacrifice Hazard given that he could be back to bite you?

Does the possibility of Terry being out make people think twice about going with a Chelsea defender? Wouldn't trust a defence that has David Luiz in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

a lot of people swapping Mata for Gerrard today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Rikand wrote: »
    a lot of people swapping Mata for Gerrard today :)

Yeah, was very surprised to see so many buy Gerrard given this weeks fixture. Maybe some of them are selling Hazard

Reading my mind. Are you prepared to sacrifice Hazard given that he could be back to bite you?

I think Jose may be playing mind games about his injury but with the CL tie being after the match next weekend I can't see him featuring.

After the Sunderland game, they have Liverpool away. That will be a tense low scoring affair.

My opponent has Mirallas and has done two transfers. I reckon one was Sturridge to Aguero.

I'm 34 ahead so a -4 would leave me 30 ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Transfers done before midnight for -4 :)

Hazard -> Eriksen
    Delph -> Holtby
    Rooney -> Aguero

Was torn between Mirallas and Eriksen but decided due to my experiences with Mirallas this season judged that he may burn owners this week.

Holtby is a pure wildcard and could well have gone for Mirallas over him but I'm going with my gut. I'm aware he misses next week but have planned for that.

Aguero well nothing needs to be said. I count 8 DGWs although 2 are from Sunderland and one is Aguero.

Ah here. Everyone needs to stop buying Aguero. I have my three City players so I can't get him til next week and I'm already mildly worried about it without an influx!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Stepped aside this week as I need a clear picture in my head of what I needed to do. Unfortunately this break away has not cleared my head at all!

I have 2 free transfers. At the moment I am thinking of Sturridge
    > Aguero. Also gonna chop Hazard for Lallana leaving me with the following.

Mannone

-- Terry -- Zab -- Coleman -- Williamson

--- Yaya -- Miralles -- Lallana

-- Lukaku -- Suarez -- Aguero

May yet take a -4 to swap Terry for a palace defender (2 games & a chance to make -4 back)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    You know. I'm tempted to play him, as could get more points from his one game than Mannones two. If he doesn't play, I'll still have the safety net from Mannones two.

Am thinking the same thing.

Took hazard and bony out and brought in aguero and Ramsey. Last roll of the dice

Ah here. Everyone needs to stop buying Aguero. I have my three City players so I can't get him til next week and I'm already mildly worried about it without an influx!

Am hoping and praying he does not get two full games.

• Advertisement

Choo choo!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dónal wrote: »
    Choo choo!

All aboard...the love train :D

tumblr_mssw367A7u1qlv86ko1_250.gif

Don't know what to do, ditch Hazard and go -8pt for Sturridge, Hazard, Kolarov -> Azpilicueta, Mirallas, Aguero or bench Hazard hoping he'll be alright soon and go -4pt for Silva, Sturridge -> Mirallas/Eriksen, Aguero. Whatever I do I'm sure it will backfire :rolleyes:

budgemook wrote: »
    Am thinking the same thing.

I've gone for it. Should really close the website for the night, and delete the link from my phone so I cant tinker with it in the morning.

All aboard...the love train :D

tumblr_mssw367A7u1qlv86ko1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_n1rdajx6Jr1rg0g8s.gif

Fingers crossed. ;)

Lallana and Aguero in for Hazard and Sturridge. Yay or nay?

Lallana and Aguero in for Hazard and Sturridge. Yay or nay?

Big yay. You'd be mad not to.

God I hope Aguero doesn't get anymore than 90 minutes out of this gameweek. :(

If he plays more than 90, he will be more than likely straight into my team.

Think I had a 0.3 cushion to bring in him and Mata before last nights price changes.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    If he plays more than 90, he will be more than likely straight into my team.

Think I had a 0.3 cushion to bring in him and Mata before last nights price changes.

I'm fine for funding him. I hit the trigger and brought in Silva for Hazard once he was marked as injured. If I'd waited I'd have Aguero for this week but it is what it is now! It'll be Studge --> Aguero and Silva --> Mata next week.

Just gonna hope Aguero falls over and hurts himself and Silva and Studge bought get on the scoresheet. My ranking is a disaster anyway so it's a lose-lose either way. :pac:

• Advertisement

Done.

Done.

What's your team now? How come you decided against Mirallas?

I'm fine for funding him. I hit the trigger and brought in Silva for Hazard once he was marked as injured. If I'd waited I'd have Aguero for this week but it is what it is now! It'll be Studge --> Aguero and Silva --> Mata next week.

Just gonna hope Aguero falls over and hurts himself and Silva and Studge bought get on the scoresheet. My ranking is a disaster anyway so it's a lose-lose either way. :pac:

Mata falling tonight as well.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Think I'll do terry to stones and sturridge to aguero for a -4. Enables me to keep mata on my bench and saves me a transfer in the long run.
    The other option is just do terry to stones and then a 4 pt hit to get aguero next week for lukaku.
    Over the next 2 gws
    Option 1 Gives me aguero against sunderland, wba and pool and lukaku against utd.
    Option 2 Gives me Sturridge against City and Norwich and aguero against WBA.
    I think it has to be option1 seen as both options are going to cost me 4 pts.

That gives me 9 dgw players
    Mannone
    ward baines stones
    jedinak yaya silva lallana
    aguero suarez lukaku

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's your team now? How come you decided against Mirallas?

Ah, had him in from yesterday and took a -4 to do this today. Was just confirming my intention to get Miralles and Aguero.
    Team is: (dgw in bold)
    Mannone
    Skrtel Coleman Ward
    Lallana Mirallas Yaya Touré(c) Silva
    Agüero Lukaku Suárez

Only 8 but I'm pleased with the overall look and now have funds to help me in gameweek 37. Did you make the transfers yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

transfers = Turner-Ward, Studge-Aguero, Gerrard-Mirallas, Hazard-Silva for -12 and yes, I'm desperate.

lineup

speroni
    Olsson, Ward, Chico
    Toure, Barkley, Mirallas, Silva
    Lukaku(v), Aguero(c), Suarez

I need a miracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭space2ground1

My mess of a bench has come back to bite me. Taking a -12 hit to put it right but that leaves me with plenty of firepower for the rest of the season and Aguero as captain. Ive a feeling he has a point to prove.

One big decision I have to make though.. Naismith up front or Lallana in midfield? One of them will get the first slot on the bench. Naismith is in great form and everton play twice. Lallana is generally dependable. I'm leaning towards Naismith to try and make back the -12. Any thoughts?

If I was even the tiniest bit religious, I'd go light a candle tomorrow and pray for a red card for Aguero.

If I was even the tiniest bit religious, I'd go light a candle tomorrow and pray for a red card for Aguero.

Stop it.

Ah, had him in from yesterday and took a -4 to do this today. Was just confirming my intention to get Miralles and Aguero.
    Team is: (dgw in bold)
    Mannone
    Skrtel Coleman Ward
    Lallana Mirallas Yaya Touré(c) Silva
    Agüero Lukaku Suárez

Only 8 but I'm pleased with the overall look and now have funds to help me in gameweek 37. Did you make the transfers yet?

Just watching MoTD2 from last week now to see Mirallas. If I go for it, we will have ten of the same starters. Your Skrtel to my Terry or potentially Bardsley.

LOL. Loving all the Agureo hate from ya IMM.

Matchday thread should be fun on Sunday.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement