Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

If I was even the tiniest bit religious, I'd go light a candle tomorrow and pray for a red card for Aguero.

Down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If I was even the tiniest bit religious, I'd go light a candle tomorrow and pray for a red card for Aguero.

With an injury as he walks down the tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    LOL. Loving all the Agureo hate from ya IMM.

Matchday thread should be fun on Sunday.

:D

Half the fun of FPL is wishful thinking, silliness, and a bit of banter. Boards has made this season great craic. I wouldn't be even a quarter as invested as I am if I couldn't come on here and talk ****e. :cool:

Besides, it's not hatred. It's self-preservation. ;)

With an injury as he walks down the tunnel

Just after scoring his 5th against Sunderland :)

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Just after scoring his 5th against Sunderland :)

At the wrong end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Half the fun of FPL is wishful thinking, silliness, and a bit of banter. Boards has made this season great craic. I wouldn't be even a quarter as invested as I am if I couldn't come on here and talk ****e. :cool:

Besides, it's not hatred. It's self-preservation. ;)

And to think there was once a debate to get wishful thinking and the unrealistic scenarios banned.

:eek:

As long as City lose both games, with Yaya scoring two in each of them, with assists from Dzeko, and Zabaleta to make up for losing his clean sheet, and Mannone saving a Aguero Pen in the Sunderland match, I'll be more than happy.

At the wrong end

I lolled, pure class :pac:

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    And to think there was once a debate to get wishful thinking and the unrealistic scenarios banned.

:eek:

As long as City lose both games, with Yaya scoring two in each of them, with assists from Dzeko, and Zabaleta to make up for losing his clean sheet, and Mannone saving a Aguero Pen in the Sunderland match, I'll be more than happy.

You captaining Yaya? I'm gonna go with Lukaku bedamned. It doesn't work, it doesn't work. :o

There was a debate about getting the ****e talking banned? Because FPL is such a serious endeavour... (Well, maybe for people who play in money leagues?)

I have a dilemma. Two months ago I was leading my private league by 10 points and I took a chance on kun. It backfired and I ended up losing ground. Then I tried gambling every week with a differential and lost more ground. Now I'm 30 behind and wondering if I should drop dzecko for aguero (despite the above)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

You captaining Yaya? I'm gonna go with Lukaku bedamned. It doesn't work, it doesn't work. :o

There was a debate about getting the ****e talking banned? Because FPL is such a serious endeavour... (Well, maybe for people who play in money leagues?)

Yes. Everton v Sunderland and Palace, means that Lukaku and ever one who captained him, will probably have a very frustrating GW. Not saying he wont score, but dont think he will score that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ugh, really don't know what to do - could be looking at only 9 fit players for this GW, of which 6 are DGW and other 3 are pool players, Terry getting injured has been a pain, What's the chances of Kolarov playing in the DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Is Hazard definitely out, and if so for how long?

Then Hazard - Yaya (already have Silva)?
    Or Dzeko for Jelavic.

Can only do one cos I've 2 City already

I have a dilemma. Two months ago I was leading my private league by 10 points and I took a chance on kun. It backfired and I ended up losing ground. Then I tried gambling every week with a differential and lost more ground. Now I'm 30 behind and wondering if I should drop dzecko for aguero (despite the above)?

It's a tricky one ok. Have been burnt by him myself before. Kun has said that he doesn't want to jeopardize his World Cup fitness by risking himself too early on his return from (yet) another injury. Man City pay his wages though, and this is a crucial part of the season for them, so if he's fit he plays imo.

I'd be hoping he plays 130 mins at least over the dgw. Famous last words :)

Skippy44 wrote: »
    It's a tricky one ok. Have been burnt by him myself before. Kun has said that he doesn't want to jeopardize his World Cup fitness by risking himself too early on his return from (yet) another injury. Man City pay his wages though, and this is a crucial part of the season for them, so if he's fit he plays imo.

I'd be hoping he plays 130 mins at least over the dgw. Famous last words :)

He can play 180 mins if he wants to, as long as he doesn't get an assist or scores :), really want pool to lose, so he can score the winner if he has to score.

After much thought I'm decided to do Terry to Demichelis, and despite doubling up on an Everton defender been very risky (and something I don't really want to do), I think I'm going to bring in Stones, Palace have the worse record in the league for scoring goals, and only 9 away from home, with 3 coming last week against Cardiff.

If I don't make the transfers I'll get 0 points (small % chance of Dummett playing), so making 2 means have 11 starters and just need to get 8 points from them to breakeven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone else go for Nasri?

And who to captain? Coleman, lukaku, Silva, Aguero or Nasri?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Sturridge, Hazard and Dzeko out.
    Aguero, Lukaku and Eriksen in.
    8 point hit.

Holding to my original plan trigger now pulled on this. Hoping the likes of Eriksen and Aguero will pay off the hit if not this week then over the next couple.

Final team below, captaincy make flicker to Lukaku many times before tomorrow, but that's my gut for now.

302759.jpg

took the -8 hit and then just realised my entire 11 are made up from 4 teams, City, pool, Everton and Palace -

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Silva or Mirallas for -4 point hit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Definitely Silva.

It'll be one less Everton player you'll want rid of before their tough run of fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Considering Gerrard and sagna out for baines and eriksen.
    Mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carraig2 wrote: »
    Considering Gerrard and sagna out for baines and eriksen.
    Mad?

Sagna has good fixtures going forward whereas Baines' are poor. What's your team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sagna has good fixtures going forward whereas Baines' are poor. What's your team?

Hart
    Sagna Cahill Ward Whittaker Olssen
    Miralles Gerrard Richardson Lallana Yaya
    Suaerz Lukaku Dzeko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ace2007 wrote: »
    took the -8 hit and then just realised my entire 11 are made up from 4 teams, City, pool, Everton and Palace -

I'm almost the same. But I have AJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gamble gamble gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Quick conundrum. I am getting a palace defender in but not sure who to take out. Either Williamson or Terry. If I go Williamson I am taking the risk that Terry will not play and if he doesn't I will be a player short. If I get rid of Terry now I will get Azpil next week.

EDIT - Got rid od Williamson, gonna take a chance on JT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Is boruc playing today?

I have flipped a coin 8 times. 6/8 times have said to captain Yaya.

And yet I still have it on Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I have flipped a coin 8 times. 6/8 times have said to captain Yaya.

And yet I still have it on Lukaku.

I hope Yaya makes you pay!!

*I wouldn't happen to have Yaya captain or nothing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I have Yaya but couldn't captain him with Aguero back. Penalties were a large part of his lure. Not to the same extent as Gerrard but still.

Advertisement