Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we in 1930's Mississippi?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

'Fraid not. I'm just not living in denial in order to be holier-than-thou.

So what is this based on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Nodin wrote: »
    Good for you. I'd imagine those responsible for the bad experiences have similar excuses with regards to you.

Yeah, you're right. It's probably down to all the bad **** I've done to them over the years.

Like the repeated unprovoked assaults, weekly burglaries in their community, beating an elderly man and attempting to roll his body into a river. Kidnapping, assaulting, torturing and effectively crippling a good man before stealing his van all because he gave me a lift home, repeatedly smashing up local businesses etc etc.

Actually no, that's just the **** those worthless ***** have done to people I know.

efb wrote: »
    I never said it was, but the Cllr would happily deny them too as preventing social housing was another of her celebrated achievements...

Planning permission for private housing developments was/is only granted if there is a percentage of the new development allocated to social housing. The Cllr's letter states that the social housing aspect already exceeds what is required for the planning permission and for legislation.

She was stating a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

So what is this based on?
    It happening lots.

Good lord, are you just not caring anymore how ridiculous your contrarianism looks? Kids born into grinding poverty and unsanitary conditions and who don't get an education... yeh they're really benefitting from denial like yours.

Planning permission for private housing developments was/is only granted if there is a percentage of the new development allocated to social housing. The Cllr's letter states that the social housing aspect already exceeds what is required for the planning permission and for legislation.

She was stating a fact.
    She also said that the social housing obligations would be sold on - so the social housing is NOT in place

• Advertisement

It happening lots.

Good lord, are you just not caring anymore how ridiculous your contrarianism looks? Kids born into grinding poverty and unsanitary conditions and who don't get an education... yeh they're really benefitting from denial like yours.

I am not the one celebrating them being denied housing that would help take them out of poverty and unsanitary conditions...

Do you think celebrating denial of housing, and relief from those who were afraid of their lives due to the high chance of anti-social behaviour... are the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

She also said that the social housing obligations would be sold on - so the social housing is NOT in place

Still waiting for your solution to traveller overdependence on the state?

Still waiting for your solution to traveller overdependence on the state?

Not celebrating denying them habitable accommodation would be a start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Don't know if this has been posted already:http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-travellers-america-1039464-Aug2013/

• Advertisement

Do you think celebrating denial of housing, and relief from those who were afraid of their lives due to the high chance of anti-social behaviour... are the same thing?

One is fact, the other conjecture

Not celebrating denying them habitable accommodation would be a start

Granted.

However, what's your next step to reducing traveller dependence on the state?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

I wonder would the OPs attitude change if they were moving next door to him.

Zed Bank wrote: »

Doubtful.

A level 10 bleeding heart requires a fanatical commitment to their agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I am not the one celebrating them being denied housing that would help take them out of poverty and unsanitary conditions...

Giving someone a free house when their group has 80%+ unemployment and 5 children with little education will not take them out of poverty and going by how often the places need to be redone they create the unsanitary conditions themselves.

If they want to get out of poverty they need education. Leaving school before the LC will not help that.

They live beside me!!! 100 m away

On the existing, completed estate, the obligations have been met. The land to be sold has planning for a development and an allowance for social and affordable housing.

So, they can put their name on the housing list and hope to be housed in the new development once it is built. They will not be discriminated against. They will be subject to the same system as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Once saw a pikey girl having a shît by the roadside just outside new ross, a pikey dog was eating it as fast as she curled it out.

We need a laughing but disgusted at the same time smiley

he/she has already said they live next to a halting site. I wonder how close...

efb, which halting site do you live near

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Once saw a pikey girl having a shît by the roadside just outside new ross, a pikey dog was eating it as fast as she curled it out.

If only they took the same approach to the rest of their rubbish.

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    he/she has already said they live next to a halting site. I wonder how close...

efb, which halting site do you live near

The one by my street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

A lifestyle that the majority choose to live and many choose to go back to after a few years of living in a house.

The one by my street

Which street?

(Troll senses tingling!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Living right next to a halting sight isnt really a problem tbf. No one sh*ts where they eat, efb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

We, the Human Race, were all travellers once. Social evolution brought us where we are today. From crawling out of primeval soup, to the rainforest clearings, to the cave, to a semi-permanent shelter, culminating in the final step to a nice comfortable home. Also called progress - it benefits all mankind. Now if you get a body of people that consistently goes against the grain and wants all that modern society can give it, without having responsibilities to the same society, that line of thinking is skewed. And the PC artists and Social Workers that perpetuate that myth are beyond contempt.

Which street?

(Troll senses tingling!)

Why should I give personal details out? What does that change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

You're use to the smell I imagine?

The one by my street

So why wont you say? Not looking for your address...:rolleyes:

example, there is a famous one here in Dublin, Dunsink... do you live 100m's from that?

One is fact, the other conjecture
    I agree - except in the reverse. :)
    Why on earth are you so sure one is fact and the other conjecture?

I can understand your view being clouded if the halting site near you is a problem-free zone, and the Carrigrohane Road halting sites in Cork are absolutely grand too. But for every positive case like the above, there is at least one negative case unfortunately. It's not a notion people are getting from a vacuum just to be bigoted, it's based on experience.
    If they want to get out of poverty they need education. Leaving school before the LC will not help that.
    In many cases, before primary school ends, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Why should I give personal details out? What does that change?

A street doesn't identify an individual.

Might even add some weight to all your 'bleeding-heartery'.

Advertisement