Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Youth Darts Place

• 05-04-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm 16 and looking for a place to play darts so i can improve and gain experience but can't seem to find anywhere. Can someone recommend somewhere to me around the Dublin area doesn't matter too much where but that my age is okay and i can just play.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is there any youth clubs or GAA clubs in your area? They usually have dart boards up and you would be fine playing in them.

Tbh most pubs would let you in to play too if it wasn't too late at night. Obviously that depends on your parents letting you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I was in A180 darts in St. Helens a few weeks back and they had a room out the back with about 8 boards for young players from about 10 - 16 or so. They went 2-3 nights a week and paid a couple of quid each and got a drink and a snack aswell. Good idea to get them interested and have a proper place to play.

Wasn't there a thread on here a year or two ago about a darts centre for young players possibly on the northside? I can't remember exactly where or who was running it but I'm sure there was something on here somewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

gramar wrote: »
    Wasn't there a thread on here a year or two ago about a darts centre for young players possibly on the northside? I can't remember exactly where or who was running it but I'm sure there was something on here somewhere.

There was the Dublin Darts Academy which was based in Shankill in south-side Dublin but unfortunately it never really took off and closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭btx170

Dublin County Darts Organisation are currently looking to uncover new underage talent for the their Youth teams. Please see attachment.

Advertisement