Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Update Jailbroken Apple tv

• 05-04-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    A couple of questions.
    I have a jailbroken Apple tv on firmware 4.3.
    I didnt do the initial jailbreak.
    Can I update the firmware to get the Netflix app and if I do will I loose the jailbreak?

Another thing,I cannot get navi-x to work in xbmc(Frodo) on this device,yet it works grand on the ps3 and laptop.Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Lads,
    A couple of questions.
    I have a jailbroken Apple tv on firmware 4.3.
    I didnt do the initial jailbreak.
    Can I update the firmware to get the Netflix app and if I do will I loose the jailbreak?

Another thing,I cannot get navi-x to work in xbmc(Frodo) on this device,yet it works grand on the ps3 and laptop.Am I doing something wrong?
    Lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Go here and update to the latest untethered.

Navi-x is offline atm as they are doing a server migration. Should be back soon.

degsie wrote: »
    Go here and update to the latest untethered.

Navi-x is offline atm as they are doing a server migration. Should be back soon.

Thanks Degsie,im at this all evening and going around in circles now.
    Im on fw 4.3 and os 8f455 but whenever I try to update I get a message saying 'this apple tv is not eligible'.
    I've tried the new and older versions of seasonpass,but to no avail.
    Im following this guide
    http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-jailbreak-and-install-xbmc-on-your-apple-tv-2-then-configure-it-with-the-xbmc-hub-wizard-addon/
    Is my firmware/os just too old to update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

Restore to ios7 using iTunes , then rejailbreak with seas0npass worked for me

Finally got it working.
    I downloaded 5.3 fw and installed it through iTunes using an older version of Season pass.
    I was almost giving up and thought I had bricked it at one stage.
    Im sitting back now having a well deserved beer watching xbmc in hd.
    Thanks for the assistance lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bahaha

Im thinking of jailbreaking an apple tv 2 using a windows based pc or laptop.. is it a difficult task? Do i need to buy a seasononpass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Bahaha wrote: »
    Im thinking of jailbreaking an apple tv 2 using a windows based pc or laptop.. is it a difficult task? Do i need to buy a seasononpass?

No purchase necessary. Just carefully follow the instructions.

http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605

Advertisement