Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confidence Poll

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Kaffy wrote: »
    Poll: Do you have confidence in An Garda Síochána? (via TheJournal.ie) http://www.thejournal.ie/poll-confidence-gardai-1399705-Apr2014/

Did anybody see this? Should be taken with a pinch of salt I know but its sad to see the lack of confidence. ...

I suggest that the next time the following question is in the poll.

You are asleep in your bed at 3.am You hear someone attempting to gain entry to your home.

Do you ring.
    1. Enda Kenny
    2. Alan Shatter
    3. Claire Daly
    4. Mick Wallace
    5. Gerry Adams
    6. The Gardai at 999

I think I know who the people would have most confidence in ringing.

In my opinion the Irish people are a fair minded people and do not deserve the politicians WE vote for. The Gardai are badly managed, too much political control and can be very slow in dealing with disciplinary cases. Many time Gardai who get off in the early years with breaches of discipline subsequently mess up big time later on. Hopefully a new Commissioner will lead not follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I suggest that the next time the following question is in the poll.

You are asleep in your bed at 3.am You hear someone attempting to gain entry to your home.

Do you ring.
    1. Enda Kenny
    2. Alan Shatter
    3. Claire Daly
    4. Mick Wallace
    5. Gerry Adams
    6. The Gardai at 999

I think I know who the people would have most confidence in ringing.

In my opinion the Irish people are a fair minded people and do not deserve the politicians WE vote for. The Gardai are badly managed, too much political control and can be very slow in dealing with disciplinary cases. Many time Gardai who get off in the early years with breaches of discipline subsequently mess up big time later on. Hopefully a new Commissioner will lead not follow

No need to ask the question. This is from the article:
    "One third of people said they didn’t trust the force, though gardaí score significantly higher than ministers, TDs and journalists."

Advertisement