Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Primary in Naas

Options
  • 05-04-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

does anyone know how hard it is to get kids in to the Irish primary in Naas? We're going to be moving there later this year and are looking at that school for our daughter for 2015 and have heard mixed things about waiting lists etc.

Also anyone know what it's like or what reputation it has?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

amatelio wrote: »
    Hi

does anyone know how hard it is to get kids in to the Irish primary in Naas? We're going to be moving there later this year and are looking at that school for our daughter for 2015 and have heard mixed things about waiting lists etc.

thanks

Ring the school and ask what their waiting list is like ? They may not have one and take enrolments the year before .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

amatelio wrote: »
    Hi

thanks

I presume you know where you'll be living so if you are not on the southern side of the town, going to Kilashee wouldn't make much sense.

I've heard nothing negative about the Gael Scoil.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

There are no waiting lists. Like most other primary schools, they have a meeting in Feb to hand out the forms for the following September. This was the first year that they were over subscribed, in which case, age and other criteria come into play, but other schools in the area are drastically over subscribed, so no difference there.

Phone the school: http://gaelscoilnas.appligenics-dev.com/en/contact-us/

It is an excellent school. Second to none in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

HonalD wrote: »
    I presume you know where you'll be living so if you are not on the southern side of the town, going to Kilashee wouldn't make much sense.

I've heard nothing negative about the Gael Scoil.

Best of luck.

Really? Why? A huge amount of children from Kilcullen, Monasterevin, Sallins, Clane, Caragh, attend the Gael Scoil. Our children go on the school bus, which admittedly is €100 per child for the year, but it's so handy. There are at least three bus routes going to the Gael Scoil currently, so no matter where you live in Naas, you shouldn't be too far from one.

Advertisement