Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DealExtreme (DX)

Options
  • 05-04-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

DealExtreme claim they offer free shipping to Ireland. Is that actually the case or do Irish residents get caught for import duties at the door?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I have used them in the past and they do give you free shipping. If the item you buy is more than €22 (including shipping for for all purchases shipped from outside the EU) in Ireland you have to pay Duty and Vat + handling charge. Customs often require a receipt to determine the value as Chinese shippers routinely put lower prices on the packaging. By the way, it usually takes over a month to receive packages from DX.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I have used them in the past and they do give you free shipping. If the item you buy is more than €22 (including shipping for for all purchases shipped from outside the EU) in Ireland you have to pay Duty and Vat + handling charge. Customs often require a receipt to determine the value as Chinese shippers routinely put lower prices on the packaging. By the way, it usually takes over a month to receive packages from DX.

So, are you saying that if I purchase something and it is over €22 I will get free shipping & no import charges or, I will get free shipping but will incur import charges?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

In general, if you purchase something outside the EU that costs €22 or more including shipping you are liable for import charges by Irish customs. DX just happen to offer free shipping on all purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you willl more than likely not incur charges as I think they mark they outside with a low value for price

Advertisement