Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I have been hacked.

Options
  • 05-04-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good afternoon, I checked my account balance and found that there is a lot less money within than I can account for. How can I check ASAP if this has happened. I don't use 365 banking and couldn't get a mini statement at the ATM. Requested a main statement but would rather know as soon as.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You should ring the bank and inform them to put a stop on your account immediately so you can check this out (make sure you have enough cash to get by for a week or so of course before doing this). 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Macbern,

Welcome to boards.ie and thank you for your query.

If you believe there is fraudulent activity on your account we would ask that you contact your account holding branch directly or alternatively if you are a registered user of BOI365 please contact them on 0818 365 365. A representative there can query the transactions on your account in more detail and have them investigated by our Fraud Team if necessary. They can also cancel any cards on your account immediately.

Please see here for our branch locator should you require it.

We hope this issue is resolved for you shortly, if there is anything else we can assist you with here please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Just curious but say you don't have 365 and notice suspicious activity on an ATM statement at 6pm on a Friday evening. Can you not call 365 and get them to put a stop on the account after providing some answers to some security questions? Surely the only option isn't to wait until Monday morning to call your branch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Philip, 

Thanks for your post.

Even if a customer does not use Bank of Ireland 365, they can still call B365 to cancel a card and query transactions on an account. This would be classed as an emergency service. 

Thanks

Billy 

Advertisement