Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester city promoted

• 05-04-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭

Just promoted. Some run they went on. 10 years since they were in the premier league.

burnley to join them soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Championship is really all about momentum. Because there's so many games in a short space of time if you string a few results together, momentum takes over and you feel you can beat anyone. Leicester are a good example of that. Very few players of real quality in their squad (from what I can see) but they looked unbeatable for large parts of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Welcome back to the Foxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fantastic for them, Gary Linekar will no doubt give them a mention tonight.

mike65 wrote: »
    Fantastic for them, Gary Linekar will no doubt give them a mention tonight.

The one negative of them coming up is that he will be jizzing all over himself every week during Match of the Day. It's all about The Football League Show next season anyway :pac:

I'm in my mid-20's and I have always had trouble spelling 'Leicester' and still can't without help, i'm usually quite decent at spelling, its just something about that word!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just reverse the I before E rule (which is no sort of rule of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Delighted to see them back, proper top flight club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Raf32 wrote: »
    Delighted to see them back, proper top flight club

Like Luton Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

think they have a bit of money behind them - with a potential strong Asian support - Malay or Thai

thebaz wrote: »
    think they have a bit of money behind them - with a potential strong Asian support - Malay or Thai

Aye, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. Hell of a mouthful that name :pac: Billionaire and his companies profits rose by 35% in 2013.

For Leicester fans they'll be hoping he doesn't pull a Vincent Tan after six months, but according to the Leicester Mercury newspaper he has put over £100m into the club in 3 years and seems to let Pearson get on with things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Red Leicester is a lovely underrated cheese actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The locals love their sport, one of the few places in England with professional Rugby, Cricket and Football team in same city. Congratulations to them.

Advertisement