Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have an idea :)

Options
  • 05-04-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

What with all of whats going on in Crimea and Russia its given me an idea.

Seeing the dismal treatment we here in Waterford seem to get from the Irish government could we not claim to be of Norwegian ancestory or Danish (but preferably Norway $$$) and annex ourselves from the rest of Ireland, and offer our lands back too our scandinavian fore fathers.

We could start working on this now,like ditch teaching Irish in schools for Norwegian, start eating more herring, a few more sauna,s and more nudity.

It would,ent be that hard to work, we are almost cut off from the rest of Ireland by the Suir the blackwater and the sea.

Any oil or gas off our shore could be drilled and brought ashore by statoil, thats jobs for everyone,

ssshhh, say nothing to the other counties, till one day all our bridges are patrolled by Norwegian troops.

I personally cant see any downside to this:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Would that mean we've to change traffic and cars to LHD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

The longer you live in Waterford, the more the idea of a separate city-state appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

beazee wrote: »
    Would that mean we've to change traffic and cars to LHD?

that would be a tricky problem to overcome, but we,d be better off being concerned with the more pressing issue of importing more blondes first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

gw80 wrote: »
    What with all of whats going on in Crimea and Russia its given me an idea.

Seeing the dismal treatment we here in Waterford seem to get from the Irish government could we not claim to be of Norwegian ancestory or Danish (but preferably Norway $$$) and annex ourselves from the rest of Ireland, and offer our lands back too our scandinavian fore fathers.

We could start working on this now,like ditch teaching Irish in schools for Norwegian, start eating more herring, a few more sauna,s and more nudity.

It would,ent be that hard to work, we are almost cut off from the rest of Ireland by the Suir the blackwater and the sea.

Any oil or gas off our shore could be drilled and brought ashore by statoil, thats jobs for everyone,

ssshhh, say nothing to the other counties, till one day all our bridges are patrolled by Norwegian troops.

I personally cant see any downside to this:D

except we'd have to set up roadblocks on the comeraghs:pac::pac:....you appear to forgot them:p

in all seriousness could we stop the people from Kilkenny taking all the jobs:pac::pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

except we'd have to set up roadblocks on the comeraghs:pac::pac:....you appear to forgot them:p

in all seriousness could we stop the people from Kilkenny taking all the jobs:pac::pac:...

I was thinking a hadrians wall type set up, only built with barrels of oil instead of stone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

gw80 wrote: »
    I was thinking a hadrians wall type set up, only built with barrels of oil instead of stone

them tipp cheapos would steal the all oil though ...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Or we could have a little principality like monaco, we already have a marina ! were half way there !

Advertisement