Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap but decent tablet

Options
  • 05-04-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Always said I wouldn't get an iPad as my smartphone & laptop are adequate, but toying with the idea of getting a kindle/e reader lately so thought I might invest in a tablet. Would only want it for some browsing, apps/games, ereader.

Any suggestions?
    Not adverse to buying 2nd hand either if it's worth it.
    Where should I look, or what should I look for?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,142 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If you feel like spending £75 on a jacket you get a free kindle. At those prices for a jacket you would deserve one :rolleyes:

You can get the ASUS Nexus 7 Inch Tablet 32GB for £120 with free delivery I think. Fantastic machine and you can download a free ebook reader from Google play store. Watch out for or check online for Zavvi discount codes which will usually get 5% or 10% off. Coming up to Easter they usually run various promotions.

Check their sister site, The Hut, for similar items and again watch out for discount codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 muzzled2b

I just bought the below in PC World, it's on sale and it is spot on!!!
    Doesn't take a SD card, but with 64GB of storage who cares?

KOBO Arc 7" Tablet - 64 GB for €109

Android™ 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
    215 pixels per inch
    1.5 GHz dual-core processor
    Android Apps available on Google Play

Advertisement