Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get reasonably priced playhouse

Options
  • 05-04-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a plastic playhouse for my daughter. I'm shocked at the price of the little tikes !! I've tried second hand on adverts ect but they get snapped up so quickly

I like the look of the Keter range but can't find a stockist who delivers to Ireland

Any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We saw the cost of them and decided to get a wooden one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Did the wooden one weather well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Argos have a pink one for around €100. Don't know about quality

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hotpants10

I saw one in B&Q the other day think it was 75. Similar one in Smyths for around 100. They were very open though, there were no shutters on the windows like on the little tikes one. Bloody expensive for a decent one alright.

Thanks - I will have a look in b&q.
    I can't get over the price of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

We bought a cheap one in world of wonder a few years ago. It was grand and the kids loved it, but it got destroyed in a storm

I dunno if a more expensive one would have survived the gales any better.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

foodaholic wrote: »
    Did the wooden one weather well ?

Yes,the same as a shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eishaa

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We saw the cost of them and decided to get a wooden one instead.

Moonbeam how much did it cost and where did you get it? I would love to get one for my daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Argos have a lot of their outdoor toys on sale atm. I think I saw a playhouse for about €75 with the sale stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

It won't do you any good now but at the end of the summer B&Q usually do a clear out, I picked up a wooden play house for 100 euro. Otherwise adverts is your best option, if you set a search alert you will receive emails when a new item is posted.

• Advertisement

I'm stalking adverts currently !!

http://seatsandslides.com/ is worth having a chat with too.

Advertisement