Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress for summer weddings...with a baby

• 05-04-2014 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

I have two weddings to go to this summer, one in Ireland and one in Italy. Each is a two day thing so I will need at least two outfits. My baby will be four months old at the time so there are a few constraints- I will have to be able to breastfeed, and also will be carrying baby in a sling, so probably a natural fabric (or I will get sweaty) and not too short (or the skirt could get hoicked up by the sling). I'm a size 12 (hoping to be back to a 10 by the summer but we'll see how that works out for me), curvy body shape (boobs and a booty), and I like quirky fashion and bright colours. I have these shoes that I would quite like to wear,
    IrregularChoiceFreshCutGrassMaryJane.jpg
    and this is the fabric of the baby sling
    301829.jpg
    I was thinking maybe something in orange or teal or green? Any advice or inspiration would be welcome. Also ideas on where to get a nice but enormous handbag for trucking around baby kit. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Spotted these rather fabulous nappy bags on Amazon recently! http://www.amazon.com/Satin-Messenger-Diaper-Black-Flower/dp/B0031DZD0U
    Would wrap dresses be the way to go for ease of breast feeding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

dee_mc wrote: »
    Would wrap dresses be the way to go for ease of breast feeding?

That could be a goer. Anything with a low enough neckline or a button front would be fine either.

I forgot to say, one of the brides works in fashion and there will be a lot of fashion-y people there...I've been at home in the sticks with babies for the last eight years so any general pointers on what's hot right now would also be welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I think you should try www.modcloth.com, they have lots of quirky, cotton dresses with buttons or crossover detail.

If you really want to wear the shoes, would you not consider a different baby sling? It will be difficult to match both.

If you find a dress to match your shoes, you could just go to hickeys then to buy fabric to make your own sling, it would only be about €10, and it would be much easier than trying to match two different colours.

Fashion wise I think weddings are a lot more relaxed now with very little facinators or structured jackets etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I think you should try www.modcloth.com, they have lots of quirky, cotton dresses with buttons or crossover detail.

If you really want to wear the shoes, would you not consider a different baby sling? It will be difficult to match both.

If you find a dress to match your shoes, you could just go to hickeys then to buy fabric to make your own sling, it would only be about €10, and it would be much easier than trying to match two different colours.

Fashion wise I think weddings are a lot more relaxed now with very little facinators or structured jackets etc...

That's lovely! There's lots that I like on the modcloth site :)

I'm not in love with wearing the shoes, I just have them and know that they're comfortable. Tbh I'd rather go and buy a new pair of shoes than a new sling (any excuse!). The sling is over 5m long and the fabric is cotton/linen- soft but sturdy and holds it's shape really well- I'm not sure I'd be confident making my own.

I'm glad that casual would be ok, I'm loathe to spend money on a dress that would be too fancy to get any more wear out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Not sure if you're still looking, but heard two mums today talking about this site for dresses that allow you to breast feed easily http://shop.boobdesign.com/en/product/595/nursing-long-dress-tomika

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd second boob clothes. They're expensive but very clever and fantastic quality. You could get a wrap dress and a vest underneath. I got a vest from boob last year. I had a wedding and had a 4 month old. I got a top and Capri trousers and the boob vest underneath so I lifted the top, pulled down the top of the vest and fed. No flashing of my belly. However a wrap dress or a dress with buttons would also work.

Advertisement