Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIT to UCC (Computers)

• 05-04-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am coming to the end of 5th year and I have a huge interest in computers. Although I would love to go to UCC to do Computer Science, personally I know I won't get the points. If I go to CIT and do Software Development, is there any way I can transfer colleges and do Computer Science in UCC after a certain amount of time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

CiaranMac1 wrote: »
    I am coming to the end of 5th year and I have a huge interest in computers. Although I would love to go to UCC to do Computer Science, personally I know I won't get the points. If I go to CIT and do Software Development, is there any way I can transfer colleges and do Computer Science in UCC after a certain amount of time?

The transfer itself shouldn't be a big issue, you could try transfer at the end of first year. But if there is much of a difference between the first year syllabus in CIT and the one in UCC you may end up repeating first year in UCC.

Advertisement