Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new runner advice before marathon

Options
  • 05-04-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Need some good advice on a few things. Have been running a year and a half. Im going for my first marathon in limerick on may bank holidah wekend. The problem is my runners have seen better days. Have them a year. Wanted new runners starting off so went to elverys. Bought a pair of asics pulse gel 4 .......and the insoles they flog. Never had a problem with the runners but is it too close to a marathon to change runner or get a new pair of the same???
    have seen them on line but are advertised as high arch... does this make them different to what I was using.... any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Not too late call into your nearest Amphibian King store and they will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angrykoala

Not gonna be possible to get to one. Maybe I, ll treat myself after the run

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amcgee

Hi

I would be sceptical about changing runners so close to a race, although on saying that, if you got identical runners, their shouldn't be a problem, but i certainly wouldn't change to a completely different type of runners that you havent used on long runs.
    You may have your runners a year, the real question is how much mileage is on them, if you have done a lot of mileage on them, and they look worn and you don't feal comfortable inthem, then it may be best to replace them, if they have low mileage then, you may be fine,
    I am no expert, if you are a member of a running club, sure show them to other experianced runners and see what they say,

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angrykoala

Tanx. A lot of mileage on them but not causing any difficulties. Gonna run on them for the marathon. Wont clock up too much more between now and then. I'll get sorted after that

Advertisement