Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divisional results

Options
  • 05-04-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Perrin beat down giffney 44-30!

Score only seems ok when Perrin subbed off his entire team! He was 35-7 up before half time! He is a master of usering...3 interceptions off 4 possessions!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Score only seems ok when Perrin subbed off his entire team! He was 35-7 up before half time! He is a master of usering...3 interceptions off 4 possessions!
    GG man,didn't think it would pan out the way it did,got the turnovers early which probably forced you into passing alot more hence losing 1 of your big offensive weapons in Foster,on offense my o-line was immense,always had time for a pass or gaps for a run.

In other news LOLB Houston is gone for the season,after being subbed off he decided to make an appearance on special teams :(
    Main man on my defense and no real decent backup either,might have to play an LE there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

You done the AFC South proud Giffney ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

You done the AFC South proud Giffney ;)

He is my Everest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Bears beat the Eagles 31-28. Ridiculous end to the game. Unfortunately, this is just a quick message as I have to go ehh...be somewhere. Hope the other games get played today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Buccaneers easily beat the Saints 38-21.

The Saints lost the turnover battle 5-0 and that was where the game was won for Tampa Bay with both teams posting almost identical throwing and rushing statistics.

Once it got to 28-0 at half-time I started using the 'Ask Madden' option for my plays which actually worked better for me and sums up that performance for me :pac:

Well done Empacher and good luck in the NFC Championship game. I'll be back for revenge in season three ;)

• Advertisement

Can't believe that score. Saints were one of the toughest offenses I cam up against this year. Not looking forward to the conference game.

Raoul wrote: »
    Can't believe that score. Saints were one of the toughest offenses I cam up against this year. Not looking forward to the conference game.

Yeah, it was well deserved for the Buccaneers.

Empacher is a really bad match up for me, we tend to swap wins but I always struggle to stop his passing game which ranks #2 in the league behind my other divisional opponent, the Falcons. I think I've only forced about four punts against him in a combined three meetings this season. That, coupled with a bad day at the office on the offensive side of the ball killed me. Losing a turnover battle 5-0 gives you no chance against anyone.

Two cracking tight ends plus Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams mean you will have your work cut out in stopping the pass but from what I've experienced against both of you this year I think the Bears have the advantage on both sides of the ball when it comes to the run and I'd imagine the statistics would back that up. However, I think the game will be won or lost on whether the Bears can defend the pass sufficiently.

It's a game I'd like to be able to watch as it's a very interesting matchup.

I think it is even more interesting as I managed to beat the Buccs in week 2 but I imagine that they have significantly improved since then. I like to think I have too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

After 2 close games during the regular season, Patriots win the one that matters, beating the Jets 31-17 to advance to the AFC Conference game against Perrin and the Chiefs.

Game started 45mins later due to the Pats coach wanting to watch Game of Thrones before the game. The game started with both coaches on edge. Berty was afraid Guns would shout out spoilers of the episode if he started beating him and Guns knowing history could be within his grasp.

As with most Madden games in the years version it when tit for tat, till Pats managed to force a 3 and out. Knowing a TD would be vital they drove down the field but the Jets D stood firm and and Pats had to settle for a FG. A score each left the game 17-14 at HT with Jets receiving after HT.

Jets receive and pass and run to the redzone but some heroic defending meant NY had to take the FG.

17-17 and halfway gone in the 3rd qtr. Can't remember how it went but Pats score and Jets are moving the ball nicely. And then...
    INT Tracy Porter!! Best free signing ever!!! 24-17 and Pats with the ball. In the distance we hear auld Helga warming up her voice.
    Must hold onto the ball. 1st down. Stopped for 3yds. 2nd play. Play action. Alexander wide open. TD. Dare to dream!!

Still 1.20 left. Still time for 2 scores especially as it Berty.
    2nd play of the drive and INT!!! Helga lets rip!!

Pats finally get a win over Berty after 4 attempts. Now its time to get another monkey off my back by finally beating Perrin in the Conference game.

Fantastic game Berty, thanks!! Have learned plenty for the beatings you handed out to be last season and this, and will represent the AFC East with pride in the conference game!!

Wow, congratulations Guns. Hell of a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

A fine and I have to say thoroughly deserved win for Guns and his Patriots. Very difficult offence to stop, tough defence to get past, I felt throughout the game he was just that one step ahead of me and with the cruch came he got the game winning interception, something he had been threatening throughout the game.

Great chatting as always, best of luck against Perrin, he will be tough but it will be a close one between two fine players. May the best man win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Great win Guns,hard luck Berty.
    Sounded like a great game.

Advertisement