Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad Sessions, Dublin

Options
  • 06-04-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

The real trad, not the ballads blasted out over the PA. Where can I find them? And are there any that we can bring a 14 year old to, that we won't all get thrown out of the pub?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cassidys on Camden St. https://www.facebook.com/RakeTheAshes?ref=profile These lads play on Sundays from usually around 8. They're pretty sound in there so they might allow the kid to stay around for a bit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the stags head; the cobblestone;

O'Donoghue's on Merrion Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Devitt's on Camden Street, used to have sessions on Thurs, Fri and Saturday, The proper stuff. Not sure if they still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Cobblestone is a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

+1 for Devitts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks all. Is there a website with locations/days/times?

The only one I remember was the Cobblestone on a Sunday morning 0_0 but I only got there once and it was years ago. And Hughes', but can't remember what night.

But no amplification! My poor ears!

Advertisement