Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

removing restrictors

• 06-04-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

If a bike is restricted with washers in the carbs and I remove them would I need to change the carb jets or anything like that or is it as easy as just removing them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

if its as you say, then thats all that would be needed yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Did you remove the washers Pedro? Is it a handy enough job?

Should I cut off the fuel and run the bike dry before removing the carbs to remove washers? Dont want fuel pissing everywhere:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Should I cut off the fuel and run the bike dry before removing the carbs to remove washers? Dont want fuel pissing everywhere:eek:

Definitely turn the fuel off before doing anything . No need to run the bike dry there is less than an egg cup of fuel in the carbs and that's in the float bowl which you take apart away from the bike. Just be careful when you remove them in case you spill some fuel on the engine, it's not a big deal but make sure it's all evaporated off before starting up.

Ok so its a handy enough job to remove the restriction washers. I removed the 4 washers from the carbs. I was delighted they were there because I have heard a few stories about bikes with restriction certs but when the owner goes to remove them they are not there. I wonder will I notice a difference in power?

Lads I also took a pic of some sort of filter going into my airbox. Its in a state and falling to bits so I want to replace it, Can anybody tell me what type of filter it is. Its on my cb400 superfour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I take it thats not a factory restrictor!
    The filter is just a piece of foam sheet, you could look for a piece of filter foam and cut it to size.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I take it thats not a factory restrictor!
    The filter is just a piece of foam sheet, you could look for a piece of filter foam and cut it to size.

Just an aftermarket restrictor me thinks. 4 washers restricting Fuel or Air flow. The washers looked like they were restricting 70% of the fuel/air flow. Took her for a quick spin this evening and the acceleration was very noticeable. Ill have to take it easy for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Sorry. I only saw this now man. Glad you got sorted in the end.

Advertisement