Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby League on the BBC

Options
  • 06-04-2014 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Chance to see some Rugby League for free.

Today's game the Challenge Cup Fourth Round.

Huddersfield v St. Helens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Good 1st half. Saints looked like they were going to steam roller the Giants after 20 minutes but all to play for now. Huddersfield right back in it and lead 10 8.

Jesus that was an horrendous tackle, deserved the red.

Giants unlucky with that drop goal decision, they will feel very hard done by.

More quality sport to watch today for free on the BBC. Challenge Cup game. 2pm on BBC 2.

Leeds v St. Helens

Should be a good, tight game. Interesting to see if Saints wobbles are truly over.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Did I read correctly, or did I imagine it, that the next round of CC fixtures are on Sky Sports...??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

http://www.thechallengecup.com/fixtures__results/fixtures

yup, plenty league on telly 5,6,7,8 June.

Faing wrote: »
    http://www.thechallengecup.com/fixtures__results/fixtures

yup, plenty league on telly 5,6,7,8 June.

Ah they're splitting it between them, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

good to see 2 games on BBC on consecutive days - the roundup of the weekends action that's on Tuesday afternoons is also worth catching

padders67 wrote: »
    good to see 2 games on BBC on consecutive days - the roundup of the weekends action that's on Tuesday afternoons is also worth catching

Yeah its great the Super League Show is shown on all regions on Tuesday afternoon now, it's shown up North (of England) on a Monday evening, but never used to get shown anywhere else, I don't think.

just a shame that the London Broncos are so shyte - you would think that with a bit of investment and all the aussies and kiwis living in London it would be a viable enterprise

• Advertisement

padders67 wrote: »
    just a shame that the London Broncos are so shyte - you would think that with a bit of investment and all the aussies and kiwis living in London it would be a viable enterprise

God I know. They had a decent antipodean following and exiled northerners too when they first started, and when they played in Fulham and Brentford but the constant moving hasn't helped. Harlequins move was the real killer imo as the Stoop is just not convenient for easy travel and none (or very few) of the Union fans followed the league team. Too late to save them now I think.

ya , seems to be the case alright but maybe Catalans improvement is a pointer for them ? I live in South West London and would love to go to games but it seems pointless when they are getting battered in every game

Wigan v Castleford live on BBC 1 today from 2pm. Should be a good game, Castleford playing well this season, hopefully they can beat the pie eaters today!

Live tomorrow on BBC 2 from 3pm is Bradford v Warrington. Can't see anything but a Wolves win but who knows (not me with my history of tipping).

Wigan v Castleford live on BBC 1 today from 2pm. Should be a good game, Castleford playing well this season, hopefully they can beat the pie eaters today!

Live tomorrow on BBC 2 from 3pm is Bradford v Warrington. Can't see anything but a Wolves win but who knows (not me with my history of tipping).

Pie eaters haha spot on mate !

Bump for today's game. Bradford massive underdogs with all their off field financial woes. Wolves by at least 10.

Bradford shooting themselves in the foot. Going to be a long afternoon for them I fear.

Live game today on BBC 1 from 2pm is 6th round game between Leeds Rhinos and Huddersfield Giants.

Bump for the legions of Rugby League fans on boards, live game is Wakefield v Leigh.

So live sports fans, we have the Challenge Cup Quater final now on BBC One, the Warrington Wolves take on the Leigh Centurions. More quality league action, and what else would you be watching?!

Then tomorrow at half four on BBC 2 its St. Helens versus Widnes.

• Advertisement

WHAT A TRY!

Semi final between Leeds and St Helens starting in about 10 minutes on BBC 2. Should be an excellent game (which im going to miss).

In the latest in my series of posts where I talk to myself we now have the second semi final of the Challenge cup live on BBC 1. Warrington v Hull KR.

Hull KR making so many unforced errors, very lucky to only be a try down.

Edit: and how about that for a turnaround. KR take the lead.

Game on

Challenge Cup Final live on BBC One this afternoon in glorious HD.

Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos. Leeds heavy favourites but I'm hoping KR will at least keep it tight and give them a game.

2.30pm for all the build up, which the BBC do very well with Rugby League.

Look forward to talking to myself then.☺

Far too one sided to be any good for the neutral unfortunately. Oh well, there's always next year.

England v Kiwis now on BBC Two.

Advertisement