Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T3 lite - Stock modification

Options
  • 05-04-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

being readin else were of people removing /sanding the two little "pressure points " in the stock of the t3 lite to make it completely fully floating , anyone else done this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

What pressure points?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DEMOLISHER

stock touches barrel about 3 inches from action,which there is as have stock of myown at moment,,, two little spots called pressure points on the site I was readin, usa site /fourm lot of posters were sanding away these spots and said made hugh difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I have something similar on my Marlin Xs7 at the end of the fore stock. There are plenty of blogs on the subject of sanding these down with about a 50/50 positive and negative results.
    I don't know about it myself, but there's a lot of external factors effecting the fine tuning of your rifle to consider before going to a all or nothing procedure such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DEMOLISHER

I agree ,just when I saw it I said id throw it out there see if any one done it . no intention doin it myself my tikkka is like a lazer wit fusion ammo ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

DEMOLISHER wrote: »
    stock touches barrel about 3 inches from action,which there is as have stock of myown at moment,,, two little spots called pressure points on the site I was readin, usa site /fourm lot of posters were sanding away these spots and said made hugh difference

From the receiver? Usually, on cheaper stocks there are pressure points on the muzzle end of the barrel.

Again, usually, they are on cheaper stocks that will flex when you put your hand on the fore-end.

Sand away, but start saving up to get a precision stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

The tikka lite in 24 inch barrel is total free floating. The 21.5 inch barrel ones in tikka lite aren't totally. If you found a tikka with 24 inch barrel and swap stocks maybe?

Advertisement