Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

How did I know you'd be around to say that? Yes there are plenty of sources, and you know well there are, this is just your usual tactic to defend islamists.
    its not, as he's not defending islamists

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Putinovsky wrote: »
    They've gone to Egypt every single year since they were kids. Why are you so keen to portray them as fanatical islamists? You don't even know them. After reviewing your posting history it seems you certainly have an agenda when it comes to people of differing faiths, colours, nationalities.

Reviewing me posting history. Will you listen to yourself. Miss Marple here. My previous posts are irrelevant to this discussion. Play the ball, not the man and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

its not, as he's not defending islamists

How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Reviewing me posting history. Will you listen to yourself. Miss Marple here. My previous posts are irrelevant to this discussion. Play the ball, not the man and all that.

Seems Putinovsky's favourite fallback to accuse people of being racist, homophobic, islamophobic etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

How did I know you'd be around to say that? Yes there are plenty of sources, and you know well there are, this is just your usual tactic to defend islamists.

If there's plenty about, why didn't you provide one? You claimed it, its for you to back it up.

Nodin wrote: »
    If there's plenty about, why didn't you provide one? You claimed it, its for you to back it up.

Where's that rule? This is a discussion forum, not a one sided forensic interrogation.

Knasher wrote: »
    Of course we would, we would be violating article 5i of the Vienna Convention on Consular assistance if we tried to stop them.

That article is subject to the practices and procedures obtaining in the receiving State

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

reprise wrote: »
    That article is subject to the practices and procedures obtaining in the receiving State
    Of course, but then I don't think anyone is accusing the Irish consulate of violating Egyptian law. So what is your point?

Knasher wrote: »
    Of course, but then I don't think anyone is accusing the Irish consulate of violating Egyptian law. So what is your point?

That there's a lot of wriggle room in what can and cannot be done in this law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Citizen2011

feck him. he should have gone to magaluf like any normal teenager. this fella would hardly be the type that would be running to defend ireland in a crisis so let him rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

And what if I don't? Will you pester me again and again with the same question? Well get your copy and paste ready then bucko, just because you say something doesn't mean that I have to comply. I know your tactics and I'm not letting you drag the discussion off into some side-alley of minutiae.

And what if I don't? Will you pester me again and again with the same question? Well get your copy and paste ready then bucko, just because you say something doesn't mean that I have to comply. I know your tactics and I'm not letting you drag the discussion off into some side-alley of minutiae.

So you make a claim you can't and refuse to back up. Grand, I'll just take it as untrue then.

Why are you making up stories about rape gangs in a thread about an irish lad in an Egyptian prison?

chatperche wrote: »
    Do you have a link for that?

You have to guarantee that you're wearing your tinfoil hat first!

So you make a claim you can't and refuse to back up. Grand, I'll just take it as untrue then.

I could back it up if I wanted to and you well know it, I just refuse to comply with your demands, especially since you lack any kind of politeness when making such demands.

I could back it up if I wanted to and you well know it, I just refuse to comply with your demands, especially since you lack any kind of politeness when making such demands.

Do please provide a link to back up your claim.

Why are you making up stories about rape gangs in a thread about an irish lad in an Egyptian prison?

Sigh.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93315484&postcount=308

Are you going to answer my question?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93315484&postcount=308

Say please.

Say please.

I did, if you read the post.

• Advertisement

I did, if you read the post.

Say pretty please.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

feck him. he should have gone to magaluf like any normal teenager. this fella would hardly be the type that would be running to defend ireland in a crisis so let him rot.

Wait so a lad who marched in the face of potential death for democracy is less likely to defend our country in a crisis than a lad who goes to Magaluf on a piss up?

Yeah...great logic.

The chap is a credit to our country, what a brave Irishman.

You made a claim that you refuse to back up. One can assume from your refusal to do so that you just made it up, so we might as well move on to the question why you are making up stories about muslim brotherhood rape gangs
    on a thread about an Irish lad in an Egyptian jail?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Citizen2011

His loyalty is to Islam and not to Ireland so this thread should be renamed.

His loyalty is to Islam and not to Ireland so this thread should be renamed.

And you know this because.......?

You made a claim that you refuse to back up. One can assume from your refusal to do so that you just made it up, so we might as well move on to the question why you are making up stories about muslim brotherhood rape gangs

I think it is a little presumptuous to assume that because you cannot drag another poster around by the nose and wreck the thread, that he is making something up.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/19/muslim-brotherhood-supporters-charged-rape-sexual-/

there, now get back under your ****ing bridge

** I await a post about how the Washington times is a prejudiced mouthpiece of the establishment yadayada yada yada.....

wexie wrote: »
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/19/muslim-brotherhood-supporters-charged-rape-sexual-/

there, now get back under your ****ing bridge

** I await a post about how the Washington times is a prejudiced mouthpiece of the establishment yadayada yada yada.....

nom nom nom

• Advertisement

Theres nothing there about orchestrated rape gangs.

ah okay, they just happened to all belong to the same organisation and just happened to all feel 'the urge' at the same time, at the same event.

right, my bad

http://bulletinoftheoppressionofwomen.com/category/islamist-groups/muslim-brotherhood-islamist-groups/

http://www.meforum.org/4731/muslim-brotherhood-rape

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241374/Muslim-Brotherhood-paying-gangs-rape-women-beat-men-protesting-Egypt-thousands-demonstrators-pour-streets.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement