Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/irish-family-trapped-in-egypt-2177118

For those people including my self who suggested that Daddy Halawa couldnt speak English very well . well The old goat can articulate himself when he wants to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ibrahim-halawa-to-meet-foreign-affairs-committee-head-1.2301895

What's this going to do now ? When are they planning to visit your wan in South America ? Any proof for the bottom of the article and him being tortured ? They must have missed the marks in the 43 visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ibrahim-halawa-to-meet-foreign-affairs-committee-head-1.2301895

What's this going to do now ? When are they planning to visit your wan in South America ? Any proof for the bottom of the article and him being tortured ? They must have missed the marks in the 43 visits.

why is young Ibrahim being represented by english legal counsel?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Must be the most dragged out thread on here by now.

Must be the most dragged out thread on here by now.

True but People still want An Egyptian held in Egypt helped out of trouble by the Irish government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Amazing really, we can get TDs to fly out to Egypt but they can't seem to make it down the road to Beaumount A&E to check out some real human rights abuses.

A few things Michaella McCollum is happily at home serving the remained of her sentence in the luxury of a Northern Irish prison courtsey of Her Majestys Prison Service.

He is also on the short list for the weight watchers Slimmer of the year short list. Been without food since June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Colm O Gorman (CEO and Gay) supporting Gay Marriage and support Ibrihim Halawa and the Muslim Brotherhood

Colm O'Gorman is just the type of self-righteous idiot the term "useful fools" was coined for.

Campaigning on behalf of a sectarian Islamist whose ideology would see him executed for being what he is.

Amnesty have lost their way badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A few things Michaella McCollum is happily at home serving the remained of her sentence in the luxury of a Northern Irish prison courtsey of Her Majestys Prison Service.

He is also on the short list for the weight watchers Slimmer of the year short list. Been without food since June.

<sidetrack>
    she is still in peru apparently. her transfer back home has been approved but it might be a few more months before it goes through.
    </sidetrack>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

We'll soon sort that. Fill up Breens case with Tayto multipacks, Lyons tae, red lemonade, McCurtains brown bread, Superquinn sausages, a few rashers and some Clonakilty black and white pudding.

Or perhaps he's a King and Barrys man?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

We'll soon sort that. Fill up Breens case with Tayto multipacks, Lyons tae, red lemonade, McCurtains brown bread, Superquinn sausages, a few rashers and some Clonakilty black and white pudding.

Or perhaps he's a King and Barrys man?
    :eek:

Allah will not be happy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

True but People still want An Egyptian held in Egypt helped out of trouble by the Irish government.
    If you changed that to "Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood terrorist agitating scumbag" your post would be bang on :)

How dare anyone out there make fun of Ibrihim

Leave little Ibrihim Alone he has had two tough years,

He lost his passport, his cellmate Peter Greste got released. She had two ****in hunger strikes.

Colm O Gorman turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a court case. All Amnesty people care about is�.. doners and making money off of him.

HE�S A Muslim! (ah! ooh!) What you don�t realize is that Ibrahim is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.

He hasn�t performed on stage in 2 years. Her song is called �give me Rivers of Blood for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE: MORE!. He had to drink for a toilet and he got shot with a shotgun. He just went to the Souk to buy postcards while he was on holiday and then he got seperated from his sisters. Now he will never attend a FOSIS weekend or know what it is like to see all those prime infidel girls in UCD.

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS! His sister got his video removed from Youtube But Paul humphries kept a copy.
    LEAVE Ibrihim ALONE!�..Please.

Eamon Gilmore talked about crap and said if Ibrihim was a professional he would�ve pulled it off no matter what.

Speaking of crap, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Ibrihim Alone Please�. !
    Leave Ibrihim Halawa alone!�right now!�.I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not in a good place right now. Plus the guy in the corner is looking at him funny

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Government ministers travelling to intervene in another countries justice system.

A protest outside the embassy in Dublin today about the Irish justice system and an Afghan man.

I can't get my head around any of this?

DeadHand wrote: »
    Colm O'Gorman is just the type of self-righteous idiot the term "useful fools" was coined for.

Campaigning on behalf of a sectarian Islamist whose ideology would see him executed for being what he is.

Amnesty have lost their way badly.

He was on The Late Debate on RTE calling for support gay marriage. Now he's calling for the release of a Muslim Brotherhood member. An organisation not renowned for their support of gay rights, shall we say.

Halawa is on trial this morning. Hopefully this brings an end to this circus.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ibrahim-halawa-20-to-face-trial-in-cairo-today-31421282.html

He was on The Late Debate on RTE calling for support gay marriage. Now he's calling for the release of a Muslim Brotherhood member. An organisation not renowned for their support of gay rights, shall we say.

Halawa is on trial this morning. Hopefully this brings an end to this circus.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ibrahim-halawa-20-to-face-trial-in-cairo-today-31421282.html

What nonsense is that "Someone has to be in Egypt to be there for him" ??? Their Family home is there well one of them. Some were living over there before all this even went down. Terrible new reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

What Colm O Gorman would give to be able to lead this chap off a flight in Dublin to rapturous applause, followed by an interview with RTE

Reporter-"Well Colm a remarkable ahievement for you , how did you manage where all others failed?"
    Colm-"Well apart from my superb connections in the Middle East I took a two pronged approach ...blah...blah...and I will say that the abuses I've seen first hand in the jails .....blah....it's the fundamental...blah....it's akin to .....Our Government acted in a scurrilous manner....blah infinitum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

What Colm O Gorman would give to be able to lead this chap off a flight in Dublin to rapturous applause, followed by an interview with RTE

Reporter-"Well Colm a remarkable ahievement for you , how did you manage where all others failed?"
    Colm-"Well apart from my superb connections in the Middle East I took a two pronged approach ...blah...blah...and I will say that the abuses I've seen first hand in the jails .....blah....it's the fundamental...blah....it's akin to .....Our Government acted in a scurrilous manner....blah infinitum.
    its not as if he wouldn't be telling the truth. i'd believe him over the type of governments he criticizes and has to deal with via his organization

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

its not as if he wouldn't be telling the truth. i'd believe him over the type of governments he criticizes and has to deal with via his organization

Irish law does not trump other countries laws, I feel like I'm repeating myself. If one finds themselves in Saudi and get their hand chopped off Ireland can do nothing to stop that. Currently we have An Egyptian citizen being charged in Egypt under Egyptian law, Who wants his other country he has citizenship in to help him. That's not how it work's.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Shouldn't the thread title be changed to "Egyptian teen fears execution in Egypt " ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Irish law does not trump other countries laws, I feel like I'm repeating myself. If one finds themselves in Saudi and get their hand chopped off Ireland can do nothing to stop that. Currently we have An Egyptian citizen being charged in Egypt under Egyptian law, Who wants his other country he has citizenship in to help him. That's not how it work's.

Correct and as seen with the recent Bali 9

Correct and as seen with the recent Bali 9

That's why Myself I would not go causing trouble in a country, Especially if you are not happy with the laws they have. Tends to Bite you in the Ass.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What time is he in court today?

Stheno wrote: »
    What time is he in court today?

Postponed again until the 4th of October.

http://www.newstalk.com/Ibrahim-Halawa-to-face-trial-in-Cairo-today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Government ministers travelling to intervene in another countries justice system.

A protest outside the embassy in Dublin today about the Irish justice system and an Afghan man.

I can't get my head around any of this?

There's not really much to embrace JTO.

At the end of the day,it's all about individuals desiring to have POWER.

Watching,and listening to the Halawa's contributions,both in Egypt and Ireland,one is struck with the stridency of it all.

Demands,threats and justifications all coming thick and fast in relation to whatever it isThey desire,irrespective of any reality that a significant number of others may NOT want their vision enacted.

This is also visible with the latest Anti Racism Network campaign,so rapidly mounted to endorse the asylum camaign of Walli Ullah,whilst steadfastly (and loudly) discounting any possibility that they may be embracing a load of oul baloney.

Often it is worthwhile to consider the motives of those shouting loudest,such as Ms Mokhtareizadh,who has emerged somewhat as an "activist" in her own right,following closely upon the rather dubious (and all too strident) involvement of her partner,Deputy Paul Murphy in the Greek tragedy.

With both partners so immersed in the process of "activism",the arrival of Mr Ullah's case brings with it a broad new canvas upon which to draw one's new images.

The two cases may not be physically connected,but the principles of "activism" involved are quite similar,involving the use of the unfortunate individuals involved,in constructing far broader,anti-Capitalist,anti-Government,anti-Authoritarian,Open-Borders campaigns all focused on taking power back to the People (or at least those People who embrace the desired "activist" causes)

The last thing these folks want,is you (or anybody else) trying too hard,to "get your head around" their policies......;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I was hoping he'd be one of these,"Egyptian court jails 300 Muslim Brotherhood loyalists"

He's probably ****ting himself now.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/egyptian-court-jails-300-muslim-brotherhood-loyalists/article1-1375630.aspx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

old_aussie wrote: »
    I was hoping he'd be one of these,"Egyptian court jails 300 Muslim Brotherhood loyalists"

He's probably ****ting himself now.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/egyptian-court-jails-300-muslim-brotherhood-loyalists/article1-1375630.aspx

Are they part of the same group of six hundred or so as Halawa?

Almost like our own system...these things take time...@ 150 Guineas per hour....;)

Interesting to see the "UCD Student" angle being let slip a wee bit now....
    Halawa had just completed his Leaving Cert at the time, and has been held in prison since.

Of equal note is the less than oppressive stance of the Egyptian authorities in allowing yet another Irish "Official" to visit Mr Halawa in Jail.
    Authorities in Egypt have agreed to allow the chairperson of the Oireachtas Foreign Affairs Committee visit the 19-year-old in the coming days.

Shocking altogether,when they are supposed to be running a vicious and oppressive prison regime ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Almost like our own system...these things take time...@ 150 Guineas per hour....;)

Interesting to see the "UCD Student" angle being let slip a wee bit now....

Of equal note is the less than oppressive stance of the Egyptian authorities in allowing yet another Irish "Official" to visit Mr Halawa in Jail.

Shocking altogether,when they are supposed to be running a vicious and oppressive prison regime ?

I'm sure they will come out with pictures of all the bruises.... As that has to be true the torture.

And tbh would this lad not to be looking like a size 0 by now ?

• Advertisement

I'm sure they will come out with pictures of all the bruises.... As that has to be true the torture.

And tbh would this lad not to be looking like a size 0 by now ?

Certainly not !!!...that would only come after spending 3 Months in a shipping container en route from Afghanistan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement