Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

It would have been done and dusted long ago if there wasn't representation from the Irish government and the media attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

It would have been done and dusted long ago if there wasn't representation from the Irish government and the media attention

I would just say it's only the misguided media attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I would just say it's only the misguided media attention.

Why do you think the media attention is misguided?

Aineoil wrote: »

The lies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

The lies ?

What lies ?

• Advertisement

What lies ?

Maybe read the thread ?

Indeed and I'll warrant the guy knew that with dual passports he would be "alright" in the event of the sh1t hitting the fan.

I think the government should send a rep to every Irish citizen who found themselves in jail in other countries for speaking out against that country's government

What lies ?

You think the guy has told all the facts about his participation in the protests?!
    He more than likely has been informed on .
    You would be told what you need to know
    Is he as pure as the driven snow?
    A lot of red faces when the evidence against him comes out me thinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Mark Daly of Fianna Fáil is so desperate to raise his profile that he just wasted hard pressed Irish taxpayers cash expensing a trip to Egypt to visit the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist Halawa

The fool Daly then makes an outrageous statement that Enda Kenny - An Taoiseach should intervene directly and request a presidential pardon for the sneaky Halawa

Between the naive Irish media and selective opportunist Irish politicians the informed Irish citizens patience is wearing thin.

Roll on October, turn the spit.

my friend wrote: »
    Mark Daly of Fianna Fáil is so desperate to raise his profile that he just wasted hard pressed Irish taxpayers cash expensing a trip to Egypt to visit the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist Halawa

The fool Daly then makes an outrageous statement that Enda Kenny - An Taoiseach should intervene directly and request a presidential pardon for the sneaky Halawa

Between the naive Irish media and selective opportunist Irish politicians the informed Irish citizens patience is wearing thin.

Roll on October, turn the spit.

Hang on would it not be the President here requesting a presidential pardon off the other president ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

maybe it has been mentioned before on this rather long thread but if the Taoiseach intervenes, then would the Irish passport become the holy grail for every foreign malcontent looking to cause trouble abroad. we have enough trouble with immigration as it is. furthermore how did this individual get an irish passport. was he granted asylum or was he a son of an asylum seeker, if so why was he protesting in Egypt.
    i'll say what everybody is thinking.
    All Irish citizens are NOT created equal.

lanos wrote: »
    maybe it has been mentioned before on this rather long thread but if the Taoiseach intervenes, then would the Irish passport become the holy grail for every foreign malcontent looking to cause trouble abroad. we have enough trouble with immigration as it is. furthermore how did this individual get an irish passport. was he granted asylum or was he a son of an asylum seeker, if so why was he protesting in Egypt.
    i'll say what everybody is thinking.
    All Irish citizens are NOT created equal.

Further to your queries it also begs the question whether the chap entered Egypt on his Irish or Egyptian passport ?

I could appreciate a Nigerian/Vietnamese etc naturalised citizen who holds a passport getting help from the government after being arrested on a cycling tour of Russia etc and arrested in the wrong
    However for a chap who packs his bags to go to Egypt to protest against the government knowing as an Egyptian the consequences of his actions it seems bizarre he seeks help from the Irish government
    Surely he was protesting as an Egyptian national and not an Irish national.
    Had Morsi remained in power was he intending to return and surrender his Irish passport.?
    It's wrong that he won't face the music following his actions
    I don't think his Irish citizenship should be used as a get out of jail card when others who protested shoulder to shoulder haven't that luxury .
    i think the fact that he holds an Irish passport holds no currency in Egypt given his actions

Further to your queries it also begs the question whether the chap entered Egypt on his Irish or Egyptian passport ?

Why would you use An Irish passport and have to get a visa when you have a perfectly good Egyptian one ?

Why would you use An Irish passport and have to get a visa when you have a perfectly good Egyptian one ?[/quote

I most certainly would given the purpose of my trip .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I've asked Lynn Boylan about this pre-existing heart condition he suddenly got. A few months ago they wanted him tested to see if he had a hereditary condition that his dad has. He hasn't had access to a doctor at all apparently, except for a "prisoner" who luckily was a doctor who treated his hand.

How did he go from possibly having a hereditary condition to having a pre-existing condition?? Was there a prisoner that used to be an ECG machine???

The amount of lies coming out and tripping them up is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why would you use An Irish passport and have to get a visa when you have a perfectly good Egyptian one ?

as a person with dual citizenship entering ones of the countries he has citizenship for he is obliged to use the passport of that country.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've asked Lynn Boylan about this pre-existing heart condition he suddenly got. A few months ago they wanted him tested to see if he had a hereditary condition that his dad has. He hasn't had access to a doctor at all apparently, except for a "prisoner" who luckily was a doctor who treated his hand.

How did he go from possibly having a hereditary condition to having a pre-existing condition?? Was there a prisoner that used to be an ECG machine???

so basically they dont know if he has a heart condition at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

so basically they dont know if he has a heart condition at all.

Not sure, strangely she didn't answer that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Roger McAllen

Why hasn't the thread title been modified in almost 5000 posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

[..]

The words "straws" and "clutching" spring to mind the more I read about them.

Why hasn't the thread title been modified in almost 5000 posts?

No idea, As it appears the chap would of had to of entered Egypt on his Egyptian passport. So Should be Egyptian teen.

No idea, As it appears the chap would of had to of entered Egypt on his Egyptian passport. So Should be Egyptian teen.

Correct

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Horrendous. Enda is too busy defending Irish Water though, sorry chap.
    whirlpool wrote: »
    Jesus ****ing Christ.

Some governments should just be bombed and be done with them once and for all.

What an evil, evil group of monsters.

Is it ok to call someone an ignorant fool if its a closed account? :D

Eh no. It's nowhere as clear cut as that. I have an Irish passport but wouldn't consider myself Irish.

Wright wrote: »
    Horrendous. Enda is too busy defending Irish Water though, sorry chap.

Is it ok to call someone an ignorant fool if its a closed account? :D

Some seem to want the MB in charge.

Eh no. It's nowhere as clear cut as that. I have an Irish passport but wouldn't consider myself Irish.

His entire family Is Egyptian it's even been suggested he was not even born here as the dates do not match. I would wager him on the old phone vid going on about coming home speaks more than our opinion of where he comes from.

Maybe read the thread ?

5000 posts?

You've got a weird strawman going on; if I was in the same situation my family would swear that I'm Santa Claus to get me out if they thought that would work. Weird thing to get hung up on, whether the heart issue is real or not; they're trying to save their son/brother.

I suppose you feel he deserves death for the unforgivable sin of lying?

His entire family Is Egyptian it's even been suggested he was not even born here as the dates do not match. I would wager him on the old phone vid going on about coming home speaks more than our opinion of where he comes from.

A passport does not necessarily make you be to that country, identify as someone from that country. I know people with dual nationalities in terms of passports and they aren't schizophrenic.

• Advertisement

5000 posts?

You've got a weird strawman going on; if I was in the same situation my family would swear that I'm Santa Claus to get me out if they thought that would work. Weird thing to get hung up on, whether the heart issue is real or not; they're trying to save their son/brother.

I suppose you feel he deserves death for the unforgivable sin of lying?

Who called for the death penalty now ? Maybe look up what he has been up to on his holiday. Doing all them gang signs then once stuff goes south trying to stick a GAA top on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement