Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Wright wrote: »
    A passport does not necessarily make you be to that country, identify as someone from that country. I know people with dual nationalities in terms of passports and they aren't schizophrenic.

You know the MB are not an Irish outfit right ? Why would an Irish person support them ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Who called for the death penalty now ? Maybe look up what he has been up to on his holiday. Doing all them gang signs then once stuff goes south trying to stick a GAA top on.

He faces execution. You understand that's a death penalty I hope. So by leaving them too it you understand he will possibly die.

What gang signs; like blood and crips? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He faces execution. You understand that's a death penalty I hope. So by leaving them too it you understand he will possibly die.

try and keep up. He is not facing the death penalty. it is doubtful he ever was. More lies from his media team i.e. his sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

He faces execution.

No, he doesn't.

Maybe google the videos of him on Ahem "Holiday" and then come back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

See, this is why the tread title need to be changed, naive folk are jumping in and think this guy is facing the death penalty: http://www.thejournal.ie/ibrahim-halawa-arrest-2099427-May2015/

Pedro K wrote: »
    No, he doesn't.

Thread title is wrong then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Thread title is wrong then?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If you don't know what your talking about it'd probably be an idea to read up on it. Your posts wouldn't look so foolish then.

Enda wrote: »
    The first is to see Mr Halawa released by the Egyptian authorities so he can return to his family and studies here in Ireland.

This is the crux of it. The government should be doing what they can to get him back to Ireland; if only for the reason that the Islamic court system doesn't look too kindly on those it deems criminals. If he is suspected of unsavoury activities abroad that could endanger others, he should be detained here when he gets to arrivals; though anything he did would have been as a minor.

Its called deportation.

• Advertisement

If you don't know what your talking about it'd probably be an idea to read up on it. Your posts wouldn't look so foolish then.

You'll have to forgive me I'm only back in the country and don't own an idiot box. On mobile too so its hard to spot when a thread 400+ pages long or not ;)

This is the crux of it. The government should be doing what they can to get him back to Ireland; if only for the reason that the Islamic court system doesn't look too kindly on those it deems criminals. If he is suspected of unsavoury activities abroad that could endanger others, he should be detained here when he gets to arrivals; though anything he did would have been as a minor.

Its called deportation.

Hmmm Explain how Irish law trumps the law's of his country ? If I don't like the laws in a country I don't go over and start trouble. Tends to bit you in the ass.

Hmmm Explain how Irish law trumps the law's of his country ? If I don't like the laws in a country I don't go over and start trouble. Tends to bit you in the ass.

They don't trump anything why do you keep saying that? Lots of people get shipped off back to their departure point for commiting crimes in another country. Hundreds if not more every year. I've been away for three. Known one or two who were doing work under the table and got caught; they didn't get chucked in a foreign prison, they got deported. How is this a new concept for you?

Its called deportation.

try and make some effort to read up before you post. the Irish government has done more for this lad than probably any other irish citizen on trial abroad. And no court system looks kindly on those it deems criminals. that is kinda the point.

They don't trump anything why do you keep saying that? Lots of people get shipped off back to their departure point for commiting crimes in another country. Hundreds if not more every year. I've been away for three. Known one or two who were doing work under the table and got caught; they didn't get chucked in a foreign prison, they got deported. How is this a new concept for you?

Why would they deport a citizen ? He's not in a Foreign prison or a foreign country.

a slight difference between doing abit of work under the table and inciting violence. can you not see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Its called deportation.

What Islamic court system would that be? Do you even know who's in power over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

He would be sent for the chop under Islamic law.

What Islamic court system would that be? Do you even know who's in power over there?

Maybe the poster has only information off the FB page :P

try and make some effort to read up before you post. the Irish government has done more for this lad than probably any other irish citizen on trial abroad. And no court system looks kindly on those it deems criminals. that is kinda the point.

He's still not back, so your first point is redundant.

Your second point, are you in any way aware of the severity of Islamic law on those it deems criminals? Ever seen Turkish prison conditions? You're honestly equating those to the system here? Give me 2 years in the joy for every 1 year in a Middle Eastern prison any day of the week. Dudes in there get chinese on the weekend and telly's and everything. Not comparable AT ALL.

• Advertisement

I do, hence the increased severity and immediacy needed to get this individual back into a European state.

Your second point, are you in any way aware of the severity of Islamic law on those it deems criminals? Ever seen Turkish prison conditions? You're honestly equating those to the system here? Give me 2 years in the joy for every 1 year in a Middle Eastern prison any day of the week. Dudes in there get chinese on the weekend and telly's and everything. Not comparable AT ALL.

Why would Egypt deport one of it's citizens to Ireland answer the Question.

why should he be back? his trial isnt over yet?

I do, hence the increased severity and immediacy needed to get this individual back into a European state.

he will be back. as soon as his trial is over and he has served whatever sentence (if any) is handed down.

answer the Question.

I would get a warning for replying to this command in the way it deserves to be.

All I'll say is the Irish government (and a lot others I'd wager) disagree with you on where this individual belongs. If you hold so much by passports and the like then you clearly also tow the government line so that should be enough for you.

EDIT: Is he even on an Egyptian passport? I'm not going through 400+ pages; OP needs heavy mod updating.

(if any)

LOL

I would get a warning for replying to this command in the way it deserves to be.

All I'll say is the Irish government (and a lot others I'd wager) disagree with you on where this individual belongs. If you hold so much by passports and the like then you clearly also tow the government line so that should be enough for you.

Why would Egypt deport one of it's citizens, Just like why would Ireland Deport one of it's citizens ????

EDIT: Is he even on an Egyptian passport? I'm not going through 400+ pages; OP needs heavy mod updating.

ah so you are a great warrior for justice, standing up for the oppressed like young ibrahim. Pity you didnt bother to actually do some research on him first.

Why would Egypt deport one of it's citizens, Just like why would Ireland Deport one of it's citizens ????

Apparently I have to quote myself again;

• Advertisement

Apparently I have to quote myself again;

That's their right, Does not change the fact Egypt has control over their own citizen. How do you suggest the Government get him out ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement