Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

ah so you are a great warrior for justice, standing up for the oppressed like young ibrahim. Pity you didnt bother to actually do some research on him first.

I saw a thread, figured it was a day or so old, hard to spot otherwise on mobile, posted. I suppose I deserve 20 years in a Turkish prison for that... cuff me, officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wright wrote: »
    I saw a thread, figured it was a day or so old, hard to spot otherwise on mobile, posted. I suppose I deserve 20 years in a Turkish prison for that... cuff me, officer.

so you admit you dont actually know what you are talking about. thats a start i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

He's in Egypt.

That's their right, Does not change the fact Egypt has control over their own citizen. How do you suggest the Government get him out ?

I say we send you in armed with a stapler. Preferably thrown out of a helicopter a few yards from the prison.

Failing that, how its always done. Diplomacy, embassies, phone calls...

He's in Egypt.

Fully aware. Your point?

• Advertisement

Apparently I have to quote myself again;

All I'll say is the Irish government (and a lot others I'd wager) disagree with you on where this individual belongs. If you hold so much by passports and the like then you clearly also tow the government line so that should be enough for you.

let me ask you this. If you went to Egypt and incited violence like young ibrahim do you think your country should force the egyptian government to hand you over fortwith? that you should be above egyptian law?

Fully aware. Your point?

I'm not the one going on about being locked up in a Turkish prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Can't do the time...don't do the crime!

let me ask you this. If you went to Egypt and incited violence like young ibrahim do you think your country should force the egyptian government to hand you over fortwith? that you should be above egyptian law?

What are you talking about force? Is Enda rallying our (neutral) forces? Negotiation is the opposite of force.

This is a really common thing especially when Westerners land themselves in prison in less moderate countries. Like, a really common thing. Were you born yesterday?

What are you talking about force? Is Enda rallying our (neutral) forces? Negotiation is the opposite of force.

This is a really common thing especially when Westerners land themselves in prison in less moderate countries. Like, a really common thing. Were you born yesterday?

:D When did Egyptians become Westerners ?

• Advertisement

I'm not the one going on about being locked up in a Turkish prison.

Turkish prisons are well known in the west as being hellholes. It's a common symbol of severity. Sorry your logic capabilities are failing you. Not everything is super literal. That's a problem you seem to be having understanding this whole case actually.

actually it isnt. we provide consular assistance to our citizens abroad. that does not extend to a get out of jail free card. there are approximately 1000 irish citizens in prison abroad. the irish government wont interfere in the justice system of a foreign country. and nor should it.

Turkish prisons are well known in the west as being hellholes. It's a common symbol of severity. Sorry your logic capabilities are failing you. Not everything is super literal. That's a problem you seem to be having understanding this whole case actually.

but he is not in a turkish prison. so it is irrelevant.

What's that got to do with a person in an Egyptian prison ?

actually it isnt. we provide consular assistance to our citizens abroad. that does not extend to a get out of jail free card. there are approximately 1000 irish citizens in prison abroad. the irish government wont interfere in the justice system of a foreign country. and nor should it.

Oh as we have seen that all depends on being a hot button topic.

this from somebody who has only read the last page of the thread. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

oh the irony

:D

I've been smelling the reek of Islamaphobia of ye for a while now aye.

This kid grew up here. He did something stupid in a country where he did not grow up. It is our governments duty, as a non-islamophobic establishment, to do everything in its power to ensure this young man's safety; it's not guaranteed over there. This will be achieved through phone calls and red tape if its achieved at all. If he is reasonably suspected of commiting terrorist activity in Egypt, have him detained at arrivals. If he was simply taking part in a riot, sure did everyone in the London riots see prison time? What if he was peer pressured to take part in this rioting by family members. Leave him to rot drinking out of a toilet?

Get real, all of ye, sitting on your couch in your comfortable houses drinking your tea, and try to put youself in this persons shoes; where we smart at 17? I was doing stupid ♡♡♡♡ all the time. It happens. Get off boards and go out into the real world and see its not as black and white as you present it.

this from somebody who has only read the last page of the thread. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

oh the irony

Well, that's incorrect isn't it, by a factor of about 10.

And someone would only have to read one of your posts to see your overly literal Egyptian passport=Egyptian person nonsense.

Where's the proof he doesn't have an Irish passport btw?

This kid grew up here. He did something stupid in a country where he did not grow up. It is our governments duty, as a non-islamophobic establishment, to do everything in its power to ensure this young man's safety; it's not guaranteed over there. This will be achieved through phone calls and red tape if its achieved at all. If he is reasonably suspected of commiting terrorist activity in Egypt, have him detained at arrivals. If he was simply taking part in a riot, sure did everyone in the London riots see prison time? What if he was peer pressured to take part in this rioting by family members. Leave him to rot drinking out of a toilet?

Get real, all of ye, sitting on your couch in your comfortable houses drinking your tea, and try to put youself in this persons shoes; where we smart at 17? I was doing stupid ♡♡♡♡ all the time. It happens. Get off boards and go out into the real world and see its not as black and white as you present it.

Who brought up his Religion you or me ? He seems pretty smart looking at his education.

This kid grew up here. He did something stupid in a country where he did not grow up.

he incited violence. a little bit more than something stupid.
    It is our governments duty, as a non-islamophobic establishment, to do everything in its power to ensure this young man's safety; it's not guaranteed over there. This will be achieved through phone calls and red tape if its achieved at all.

This has already been done. they have ensured his safety.
    If he is reasonably suspected of commiting terrorist activity in Egypt, have him detained at arrivals. If he was simply taking part in a riot, sure did everyone in the London riots see prison time? What if he was peer pressured to take part in this rioting by family members. Leave him to rot drinking out of a toilet?

If the egyptians suspect him of terrorist activity they have the right to put him to trial. which is what they are doing. why should they just let him go? This country wouldnt ship a suspected terrorist back to their home country. you dont seem to understand this.

I'm not sure i was smart but i sure as hell wasnt as dumb as young ibrahim.

• Advertisement

And someone would only have to read one of your posts to see your overly literal Egyptian passport=Egyptian person nonsense.

They had to give him documentation to be able to leave Egypt under the original negotiation which was refused.

he has both egyptian and irish citizenship. if you had read as much as you claim you would know that.

They had to give him documentation to be able to leave Egypt under the original negotiation which was refused.

thats a good point and one that Wright seems to have missed in his extensive reading. Young Ibrahim was offered safe passage out of the country and a flight home. this was negotiated by the irish ambassador. he declined this offer and decided to be a martyr. his two

he has both egyptian and irish citizenship. if you had read as much as you claim you would know that.

So; he has Irish citizenship as well.

Well the Irish government has absolutely every right to be trying to get him back. He's an Irish citizen. This happens all the time, in particular in Asian countries with less moderate legal systems.

Where's this video of him inciting (meaning STARTING) violence? He literally started a riot? Everyone was sitting around drinking coffee until Ibrahim runs in and starts flipping tables?

thats a good point and one that Wright seems to have missed in his extensive reading. Young Ibrahim was offered safe passage out of the country and a flight home. this was negotiated by the irish ambassador. he declined this offer and decided to be a martyr. his two

And the Guardian refused as well. You know the lad being a minor and all.

Well the Irish government has absolutely every right to be trying to get him back. He's an Irish citizen. This happens all the time, in particular in Asian countries with less moderate legal systems.

Where's this video of him inciting (meaning STARTING) violence? He literally started a riot? Everyone was sitting around drinking coffee until Ibrahim runs in and starts flipping tables?

No it does not.

but he is not in a turkish prison. so it is irrelevant.

Desperate failure of logic here. I gave you too much info to process. Apologies. I'll keep things simpler for you.

you really need to read the full thread. the irish government did negotiate a way out for him. he REFUSED to take it. he preferred martyrdom. the only reason he is still in an egyptian is his own stupidity.

Desperate failure of logic here. I gave you too much info to process. Apologies. I'll keep things simpler for you.

:pac:

• Advertisement

i'm not sure you are entirely cognisant of what logic is going by this post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement