Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Anyway as much fun as it would be to bicker with the hawkish clan who seem intent on having this kid be executed I have some more productive stuff to do.

If I come by any more video's about the campaign to free the young lad I'll post them for the people who have a heart or who just aren't hawkish bigots.

Be more productive and read The link between Muslim Brotherhood and ISIS on emannabih.com you may then be in a better position to add informed posts to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I've read most of the 5000 posts on this thread, and this myth needs to be dispelled immediately. The only mention of death penalty or execution seems to come from either the Halawa sisters themselves with their media manipulation and lies, or from pro-Halawa posters on this thread. Not once have I seen anyone here say he deserves execution, let alone "intent on" the idea as you say.

I find it pretty poor the old you must be anti Islam if you don't support this chap. But that's all they seem to be able to come up with as they can't get the idea of why people may not support. If it was a Christian sect in charge and doing the same I would still be saying the same stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Be more productive and read The link between Muslim Brotherhood and ISIS on emannabih.com you may then be in a better position to add informed posts to this thread.

May come across as a bit ignorant of me but that website is an eye opener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Bit racist saying Arab countries should be allowed prosecute terrorists in a particular way. The Indians, Russians and Chinese have their own bizarre ways of administering justice. If President Sisi says the Muslim Brotherhood is a threat to the nation of Egypt as it is in many Arabic countries, Syria, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco included better not be hanging out with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Bit racist saying Arab countries should be allowed prosecute terrorists in a particular way. The Indians, Russians and Chinese have their own bizarre ways of administering justice. If President Sisi says the Muslim Brotherhood is a threat to the nation of Egypt as it is in many Arabic countries, Syria, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco included better not be hanging out with them.

What has crime and punishment got to do with Race ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

What has crime and punishment got to do with Race ?

We are talking about Arabic countries. Let them bend to our way of dealing with terrorists is how it goes. Our ways our not that different hiring these regimes to keep international terrorists in detention centres.
    These countries quite rightly need to sort out the corrosive false Islamic preachers of hate. They need to be locked up for the public's safety. They are not nice people. I am all for treating them well but lets be clear dozens of organisation in Egypt and other Arabic states are full of extreme radical terrorists they practice their own form of Islam that most Arab or Muslim people have no desire to be part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If he is found to have acted in an aggressive manner for a cause he is classed as a militant .
    well as he hasn't, he's not
    Jaw dropping naivety
    wrong, far from it. he's telling the truth
    Ironic considering that Sinn Fein have spent the last 45 years trying to distance themselves from terrorism.
    not ironic at all, he's not guilty of terrorism or anything

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

He has been connected to a march calling on the reinstatement of Morsi head of the Muslim Brotherhood who have proven links with ISIS (a militia group)and in turn would be classed as a militant like all the other misguided and disenfranchised youths who support the Muslim Brotherhood otherwise and the authorities are charging him and others for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He's had about 6 different versions of events depending on what information was in the public domain.

He was on holiday, he got caught up in the crowd, he went because he was against the "anti-democratic" overthrow of Morsi, he wasn't offered safe passage home, then he was, he's on hunger strike, he needs to be tested for a hereditary heart condition which morphed into he has a pre-existing heart condition.

I have some magic beans for sale EotR, I'll give you a good price if you wanna buy them. They might look and smell like tictacs but they're really magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Read the long article on this case in today's Irish Times.

From what I can see the government is doing a good job on his behalf. Moral of the story is 'if you go abroad, especially to countries outside the EU, keep away from political demonstrations', because if you do and end up in prison you have largely yourself to blame.

Big sisters also please take note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

I'm sorry, has it not been firmly established that he was agitating for the Muslim Brotherhood during those protests?

Remember, the Muslim Brotherhood (and its ideology) are this generations answer to Naziism, the Muslim Brotherhood received large scale funding and military assistance from the NSDAP government of Germany because its ideologies and those of Naziism were almost identical.

Anti-semitic, homophobic, varying degrees of misogny, totalitarian, the Nazis and the MB match to a tee.

From Wikipedia:
    During the unsuccessful 1936–39 Arab revolt in Palestine, which was instigated by mass Jewish migration to Palestine, Husseini and his allies took the opportunity to strengthen relations with the Third Reich and enforced the spread of Nazi customs and propaganda throughout their strongholds in Palestine as a gesture of respect.[223] In Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood would follow al-Husseini's lead.[224] Hitler's influence soon spread throughout the region, but it was not until 1937 that the Nazi government agreed to grant al-Husseini and the Muslim Brotherhood's request for financial and military assistance.[221]

This is who Ibrahim Halawa was agitating for - MB and other Islamist protests are this generations' Nuremberg Rallies.

So why should we do anything for this clown? If his name was Eric von Stroheim and he were agitating for actual Nazis instead of their Egyptian counterparts, I doubt there would be any effort to spare him from justice and rightly so. So what makes this case different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

"“Let’s be honest,” she says. “The Brotherhood is a political group like any political group." - Direct quote from the eldest Halawa sister. Shows exactly how they are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Article in the IT today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

anonforat wrote: »
    I seen a video of his mother wearing a burka. This is not Irish culture.

and? ireland is a multi-cultural place now.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

DarkHughes nearly crying. Let's just accuse everyone of being "hawks" because I don't agree with them. We're not republican tea party members.

Hardly surprising that people feel no affinity toward MB canvassing zealots who are "irish" one minute and then at "home" in Egypt the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

SeanW wrote: »

So why should we do anything for this clown? If his name was Eric von Stroheim and he were agitating for actual Nazis instead of their Egyptian counterparts, I doubt there would be any effort to spare him from justice and rightly so. So what makes this case different?

Because Ibrahim ticks a few boxes on the sacred pet group checklist criteria.

Skin color/ethnicity : Dark Caucasian. Arab.

Religion : Muslim.

Apparently he was over fighting fascism. A modern day warrior poet. Just like the Scots who charged the English at Bannockburn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

"“Let’s be honest,” she says. “The Brotherhood is a political group like any political group." - Direct quote from the eldest Halawa sister. Shows exactly how they are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Article in the IT today.

The article, for anyone who is interested: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/ibrahim-halawa-the-inside-story-1.2310182

Should be in the fiction area of the IT site tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Anyone see the article about the Irish lad in prison for 18 months in the canaries and wasn't charged with anything?

Only got released the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Anyone see the article about the Irish lad in prison for 18 months in the canaries and wasn't charged with anything?

Only got released the other day.

link?

link?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-man-held-in-spanish-jail-over-500kg-cocaine-discovery-released-after-two-years-31369312.html

And the Halawas have the nerve to accuse the government of ignoring their brothers case as he isn't ethnically Irish. He's received much more assistance and attention than most.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-man-held-in-spanish-jail-over-500kg-cocaine-discovery-released-after-two-years-31369312.html

And the Halawas have the nerve to accuse the government of ignoring their brothers case as he isn't ethnically Irish. He's received much more assistance and attention than most.

something about that story just doesnt ring true.

• Advertisement

something about that story just doesnt ring true.

No more dodgy than our Egyptians friends story.

No more dodgy than our Egyptians friends story.

exactly. and about as believable.

exactly. and about as believable.

My only point is he was head without trial for 2 years and nothing from our government.

I wonder why.

My only point is he was head without trial for 2 years and nothing from our government.

I wonder why.

you think they should have interfered in the spanish judicial process?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I wonder why.
    Because Spain is a member of the EU, there's a lot less scope for interfering in the justice system of other EU countries.

That's also a weird story. Independent News & Media appear to be the only media group who ever report on his case. I wonder is he a friend of someone in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I wonder why.

Reading from this 2014 article I suspect one reason could be the issue of "Domicile".

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/good-samaritan-still-in-spanish-jail-after-year-without-charge-30495730.html

It appears that Mr Coalter had been fully resident,and working in Spain for 8 years...this,coupled with his Northern Irish origins (British Passport ?) may also have played a role in restricting what the Irish Consul could do ?
    Mr Coalter sold his delivery business in west Dublin eight years ago and moved to Spain, where he ran a bar for three years in Mirimar.

He and his wife, Regina, later moved to Las Palmas, where they had been living in a modest house in the hills above the city up until his arrest.

Other than the Irish Consulate being aware of his situation,and given the vastly differing nature of the situation,I'd suggest that Mr Coalter's situation was pretty much the norm in matters of Consular Representation.

The difference between Mr Coalter and the Ibrahim Hawala case is,if anything pointing to a questions as to WHY the Irish Government have gone to such significantly greater lengths to support the Hawala's whilst "ignoring" cases such as Mr Coalter....perhaps one of the Hawala sisters can address this ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Political correctness has poisoned honest discourse in this country to the extent that our media and government are providing unconditional support for what is fundamentally a fascist.

The Irish Left, government and media have allied themselves with misogyny, homophobia and sectarianism in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

DeadHand wrote: »
    The Irish Left, government and media have allied themselves with misogyny, homophobia and sectarianism in this case.

Well. I just read in my paper today that immigrants are 5 times more likely to be investigated for murder, and shoplifting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

DeadHand wrote: »
    Political correctness has poisoned honest discourse in this country to the extent that our media and government are providing unconditional support for what is fundamentally a fascist.

A seventeen year old fascist. A child who was set up by his own father.

• Advertisement

Noblong wrote: »
    Well. I just read in my paper today that immigrants are 5 times more likely to be investigated for murder, and shoplifting.

Link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement