Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Where they not all over MB TV network at one stage, Sorry sorry Gardners association of Egypt. Shouting angrily about greenfly infestations and having to fight them until the streets run red. Saying they had been Helping from day one there brothers fight against the greenfly. Even took an injury to the hand.

Exactly, but I'm sure EOTR wouldn't make such a big statement without proof. He definitely has some evidence, otherwise his posts calling other people out regarding evidence would look incredibly silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Time for the Halawa annual holiday to Egypt now that the department of foreign Affairs has again issued a warning telling people not to go there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Time for the Halawa annual holiday to Egypt now that the department of foreign Affairs has again issued a warning telling people not to go there!

They are going via London apparently.... it is being reported that they want to call in at no.10 and ask for the PMs help in their plight.

Let's just hope for their own sake that they are little more diplomatic than they have been with the Irish counterparts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Egypt like Tunisia and other North African and West Asian countries are seeing tourists leaving for good. Bad, really bad for tourism, even more concerning than threats against the ruling gvt.

Time for a concerted attempt to protect the holiday resorts that are being explicitly targeted by terrorists. Mumbai, Casablanca and Bali have all been exposed to these style of attacks. Porous borders and ill equipped officers are the root of the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Time for the Halawa annual holiday to Egypt now ....................

Bucket and Spade ........... check
    swimsuits check............... check
    Finest C4 grade explosive .......check
    suntan lotion .....................check
    Nintendo DS to distract the kids in the airport....... Check
    Ché Guevara Guerilla warfare manual, Arabic edition with forward by Anjem Choudary............ check

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Call me Al wrote: »
    They are going via London apparently.... it is being reported that they want to call in at no.10 and ask for the PMs help in their plight.

Let's just hope for their own sake that they are little more diplomatic than they have been with the Irish counterparts.

Interesting, Did the Brits not declare the MB a bad group and Terrorists think I saw something about that on the news.

Interesting, Did the Brits not declare the MB a bad group and Terrorists think I saw something about that on the news.

Probably did.... but it is all over the Free Ibrahim Halawa facebook page.

Probably did.... but it is all over the Free Ibrahim Halawa facebook page.

So is a very lot of made up stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I sphinx this is made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

They want the MB to sit in parliament and agitate from the sidelines. They create mischief for any sitting president making the country or indeed any country they reside in ungovernable.

• Advertisement

So is a very lot of made up stuff.

I said they wanted to. Not that they actually got their foot in the door :D

Which is unlikely after the sad week that we have just had.

I said they wanted to. Not that they actually got their foot in the door :D .

I think an awful lot of this is walter mitty stuff . Rather than reality but aspiration
    ane erroneous logic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

Turns out breaking the Law in Thailand having an Irish passport does not get one special treatment.... A visit from the local consular probably saying get a lawyer was all that was done so far. No Mass media coverage, No mentions in the Dail. Where is amnesty on this one ?

In order to qualify for enhanced media coverage and government assistance, you need to either have an undeserved Irish passport attached to your foreign name, pregnant, or be a bit of a looker like MichaelA of the Peruvian tourist board fame.

Have the Halawa kids sent out any condolences for the Russians blown out of the sky by ISIS ? Did their old man pray for them in his sermons?

In order to qualify for enhanced media coverage and government assistance, you need to either have an undeserved Irish passport attached to your foreign name, pregnant, or be a bit of a looker like MichaelA of the Peruvian tourist board fame.

Have the Halawa kids sent out any condolences for the Russians blown out of the sky by ISIS ? Did their old man pray for them in his sermons?

On one these girls have been whoring themselves to every media outlet that will have them including RTE, Foreign stations and anyone who will write about them. Public are tired of their story.

However those old hostage tricks dont work well with russian. Expect the russians to respond in kind and with spades based on past performance. I like muslim terrorists, I mean they are committed to what they are doing...... if only they diversified and branched out into other areas. I would love a muslim plumber because he would be determined to get the leak and finish the job at all costs...... that shows character. If only they were as good at plumbing as with Terrorism. I would happily pay for a job done.

http://blogbaladi.com/how-russia-responded-to-the-kidnapping-of-four-soviet-diplomats-in-beirut-in-1985/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ha that should be interesting.

I wonder will they tell Cameron that he had a chance to come back here and wouldn't take it.

Time to forget about this guy, he made his bed let him lie in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The British won't stand for this nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

So has he been freed or is he still being held in as a POW?

Firstly he is not POW and secondly he hasnt been remanded in Court. Its going to be atleast 8 years before they leave him out. Sins of the Father.

I dont even see what it has to do with the British government and there is no way the British Media will give him the time that the Irish media did.

I suppose they are "aspiring" to meet David Cameron. In reality they might be lucky enough to meet a middle to senior rank civil servant who will tell them this is really an "Irish matter" and to use the "relevent diplomatic channels" (AKA PFO).

Once again all Pie in the sky......

But but Amnesty international support them.. Oh is it just the Irish branch..

• Advertisement

Amnesty International would support a cow bulling in a field. they pick some very strangley opposing cases. You can support fundementalist muslims and gay rights in the same breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

an undeserved Irish passport attached to your foreign name

anyone who has an irish passport deserves it, otherwise they wouldn't have been given it by the government. not liking ones skin colour or religion changes that i'm afraid.

you could always ask them, all though why would they? considering most people wouldn't be publically sending out condolences anyway, not only are they under no obligation to publically do anything, them not doing so means nothing if they haven't. we don't know whether the plane was blown up for sure yet.

Time to forget about this guy, he made his bed let him lie in it.

he didn't, so its not.

no i should think an innocent young irish man being held on bogus charges is something the british wouldn't stand for. hopefully

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

anyone who has an irish passport deserves it, otherwise they wouldn't have been given it by the government. not liking ones skin colour or religion changes that i'm afraid.

you could always ask them, all though why would they? considering most people wouldn't be publically sending out condolences anyway, not only are they under no obligation to publically do anything, them not doing so means nothing if they haven't. we don't know whether the plane was blown up for sure yet.

he didn't, so its not.

no i should think an innocent young irish man being held on bogus charges is something the british wouldn't stand for. hopefully

Bogus?

Get off the stage ffs

he didn't, so its not.

What's that got to do with the price of fish ? An Egyptian is in an Egyptian Jail awaiting Trial in an Egyptian legal system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

By trying to construct some bare bones coherent narrative for this brainwashed individual (which you failed at AGAIN, in my opinion) you made a little boo-boo.

You do know that many foreign millionaires have bought Irish passports (basicly) illegally within the last 20 years!!

130Kph wrote: »
    By trying to construct some bare bones coherent narrative for this brainwashed individual (which you failed at AGAIN, in my opinion) you made a little boo-boo.

i didn't.
    130Kph wrote: »
    You do know that many foreign millionaires have bought Irish passports (basicly) illegally within the last 20 years!!

yes . means nothing though as thats up to the authorities to deal with. my point still stands.

i didn't.

yes . means nothing though as thats up to the authorities to deal with. my point still stands.

So hang on, Is buying a passport good or bad. As one has said before people given one are deserving of one and all the help and support that comes with it.

So hang on, Is buying a passport good or bad. As one has said before people given one are deserving of one and all the help and support that comes with it.
    if buying a passport is illegal then that is for the authorities to sort out as it is illegal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Firstly he is not POW and secondly he hasnt been remanded in Court. Its going to be atleast 8 years before they leave him out. Sins of the Father.

Well what did he blow up?

• Advertisement

Well what did he blow up?

Nothing, I think most charges are for being part of a protest that turned uber violent people got killed churches burnt down and so on so forth. The whole giving speeches will not have gone down well with the military either. Having to have taken back control from a failed test in democracy as the Mb lad was changing the Constitution to be a dictatorship.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement