Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ihatemyfish

Would you call the brave heroes of the International Brigade (a few hundred of them were Irish Republicans) who went to Spain to fight the fascist beast Franco & his Fascist Italy (80, 000 of them) & Nazi Germany (100's of Blueshirts & Free Staters fought for them) allies who reduced the Basque capital of Guerrnica to rubble, would you call them terrorists?

The flaw in your analogy is that the Muslim Brotherhood is a fascist organisation. He was not fighting/speaking out against fascists. He was standing toe to toe and addressing a 10,000 strong segregated rally full of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This is a bit odd. He was jailed for the duration of it. Puts meat on the bones of the fact that he tore up his original one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This is a bit odd. He was jailed for the duration of it. Puts meat on the bones of the fact that he tore up his original one though.

Well would Ya look at that. It's nearly the little troublemakers birthday. I vote we send him 30 extra lashes as a pressie.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

This case has been in the Irish media for over two years at this stage and not one journalists bothered to investigate and establish the facts. Instead, they have become mouthpieces for the family and repeat everything that they say as if it were gospel.

That speaks volumes about the state of journalism in Ireland.

The Irish media is the school yard bully of journalism. Whenever they're attacking something weak like the Catholic Church in Ireland or a rather unpopular government or its leader they go for the jugular. But whenever they meet a more threatening bully be it the jihadis or Pavee Point they play nicey-nice. It's been a long long time since an Irish journalist has properly echoed the views of the public at large. Many outside Dublin think this is the self-serving "Dublin media" but I assure you it's much worse than that. It's pathetic and worrying to have our country informed by a bunch of cowards.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what year did his familiy move to ireland again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

His passport was only issued 24th November 2013 but expired 24th June 2014. Does that mean his family only got that passport to use as propoganda and to abuse the good nature of the department of foreign affairs?

.irishexaminer. com/ireland/they-are-beating-me-irish-woman-in-egypt-tells-family-240259.html

foggy_lad wrote: »
    His passport was only issued 24th November 2013 but expired 24th June 2014. Does that mean his family only got that passport to use as propoganda and to abuse the good nature of the department of foreign affairs?

Probably a six month emergency passport.

.irishexaminer. com/ireland/they-are-beating-me-irish-woman-in-egypt-tells-family-240259.html

thats what i thought. Have they not always claimed he was born in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭acb121

The family NEVER moved to Ireland.

The only fact we have is that Jihadbraheem Halawa was born on 13th December 1995 and has an Irish passport. Outside of that we know nothing.

This "family" never immigrated to Ireland.

Somaia Halawa spent the first 22 years of her life in Egypt at the Halawa family home in Cairo. Somaia came to Ireland in around 2010 ( nobody knows on what sort of visa or passport or immigration status ) to visit her family and went home to Egypt supposedly for good in 2013 ( of course during her time in Ireland she may well have been to-ing and fro-ing )

My suspicion is this.

Daddy Halawa got into Ireland by making a claim political asylum ( the nasty wasty government of my home country are being nasty wasty to me because of my political views - Ah, you poor crater, come in and have some accomodation and money. Oh by the way, what are your political views ? - I want to depose the government to establish an Islamic theocracy along the lines of Saudi Arabia, with limb chopping and women in bin bags - Ah, you poor crater, persecuting you for your beliefs ).

He could have lived in Ireland for an extended period before his claim was granted. At that point SOME OF THE family got on the gravy train, sorry, the plane.

And on 13th December 1995 Daddy Halawa had tears in his eyes when being presented with the little bundle of joy that is the Parent Of An Irish Born Citizen Passport.

The mother and at least one sister live in Cairo, in THE FAMILY HOME.

They are not Irish. They are the sort of typical Jihadists who rattle the cage of the lion, knowing there is a fence and they have European passports and European uman rites.

• Advertisement

acb121 wrote: »
    The family NEVER moved to Ireland.

The only fact we have is that Jihadbraheem Halawa was born on 13th December 1995 and has an Irish passport. Outside of that we know nothing.

This "family" never immigrated to Ireland.

Somaia Halawa spent the first 22 years of her life in Egypt at the Halawa family home in Cairo. Somaia came to Ireland in around 2010 ( nobody knows on what sort of visa or passport or immigration status ) to visit her family and went home to Egypt supposedly for good in 2013 ( of course during her time in Ireland she may well have been to-ing and fro-ing )

My suspicion is this.

Daddy Halawa got into Ireland by making a claim political asylum ( the nasty wasty government of my home country are being nasty wasty to me because of my political views - Ah, you poor crater, come in and have some accomodation and money. Oh by the way, what are your political views ? - I want to depose the government to establish an Islamic theocracy along the lines of Saudi Arabia, with limb chopping and women in bin bags - Ah, you poor crater, persecuting you for your beliefs ).

He could have lived in Ireland for an extended period before his claim was granted. At that point SOME OF THE family got on the gravy train, sorry, the plane.

And on 13th December 1995 Daddy Halawa had tears in his eyes when being presented with the little bundle of joy that is the Parent Of An Irish Born Citizen Passport.

The mother and at least one sister live in Cairo, in THE FAMILY HOME.

They are not Irish. They are the sort of typical Jihadists who rattle the cage of the lion, knowing there is a fence and they have European passports and European uman rites.

But if the family didnt move to ireland until 1996 and he was born in 1995 then it doesnt add up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

Would you call the brave heroes of the International Brigade (a few hundred of them were Irish Republicans) who went to Spain to fight the fascist beast Franco & his Fascist Italy (80, 000 of them) & Nazi Germany (100's of Blueshirts & Free Staters fought for them) allies who reduced the Basque capital of Guerrnica to rubble, would you call them terrorists?
    Are you equating the Muslim Brotherhood with the International Brigades? I would imagine those who participated in the latter would consider such a comparison to be an insult.

The thing is THE FAMILY never moved to Ireland.

Papa Smurf did.

The rest of them ? We just don't know the details and they ain't telling.

Somaia, grew up in Cairo, living in the Halawa family home until the age of 22, then visited Ireland, in perhaps 2010.

In 2013 she was back in Egypt, in the Family Home, looking for a job and looking to "settle down" as the Muslim Brotherhood were in power and it must be a lovely place to live.

The rest of them ?

We just don't know.

What is significant about the date that passport was issued ?

The protests, riots, massacres, the being shot 20 times with rubber bullets, the massacre the Halawa family were involved in where 1000 people were murdered and the 4 of them were luckily part of only 30 people who survived, the accidentally wandering into a protest and shopping for a choc ice all happened before that date, did they not ?

Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Probably a six month emergency passport.

That lasts 7 months?

That lasts 7 months?

not sure how terribly important the duration is. But it does show that his passport was replaced by the embassy in cairo and lends credence to the suggestion he tore up his old one. Or maybe he just lost the old one while he was going out for that choc ice.

Apparently there are 7 Halawa siblings.

The ones who got banged up were sisters Omaima, Fatima and EGYPTIAN CITIZEN Somaia, plus of course the star of the show Jihadbraheem.

That leaves 3 others.

One is called Nosayba, and she has children.

Who are the other 2 ?

This " Family " did NOT immigrate to Ireland in any year.

There is a tangled web they won't tell.

The fact that Somaia has been presented as an all Irish Coleen, when it turns out she is an Egyptian citizen now stuck in Ireland because she skipped bail, says a lot about the pathetic Irish media and their kid gloves treatment of this famiy and their fairytale.

thats what i thought. Have they not always claimed he was born in Ireland?

Yes, his place of birth is listed as Dublin on the passport too. Yet the family claim to have moved to Ireland in 1996. Just another discrepancy in their story.

Yes, his place of birth is listed as Dublin on the passport too. Yet the family claim to have moved to Ireland in 1996. Just another discrepancy in their story.

The " family " did NOT move to Ireland in 1996.

The family is parents, 7 children, and grandchildren.

Father is Sheikh Hussein Halawa

Mother is Amina Mostafa - Currently lives in the Family Home in Cairo

The 7 siblings are;

Ibrahim / Ebraheem / Jihadbraheem - Currently 19 years old.

Omaima - about 22, apparently studied in Ireland

Fatima - about 24, apparently studied in Ireland.

Somaia - about 29, Egyptian Citizen, live all her life till early 20s in Egypt, until after uni, never lived in Ireland, visted early / mid 20s. But hilariously described by the Irish media as a " Dubliner " having spent no more than 2 or 3 of her 27 years in the place ( then again, much like the 48 year old Shaker Aameer who spent 4 to 5 years in the UK and is described as a "British Resident" )

Nosayba - Age ? Could well be in her 40s from this photograph;

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/5084033/Family-is-praying-for-missing-siblings-after-Egypt-riots.html

Unamaed Halawa sibling 6 - Presumably a lot older and an adult by the time Papa had his "Irish born child". Presumably never came to Ireland.

Unamed Halawa sibling 7 - Presumably a lot older and an adult by the time Papa had his "Irish born child". Presumably never came to Ireland.

So the Halawa family in Firhouse consists of only 3 children, when the Halawa family in fact consists of 7 chlldren,

4 of whom never immigrated to Ireland !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

The " family " did NOT move to Ireland in 1996.

The family is parents, 7 children, and grandchildren.

Father is Sheikh Hussein Halawa

Mother is Amina Mostafa - Currently lives in the Family Home in Cairo

The 7 siblings are;

Ibrahim / Ebraheem / Jihadbraheem - Currently 19 years old.

Omaima - about 22, apparently studied in Ireland

Fatima - about 24, apparently studied in Ireland.

Somaia - about 29, Egyptian Citizen, live all her life till early 20s in Egypt, until after uni, never lived in Ireland, visted early / mid 20s. But hilariously described by the Irish media as a " Dubliner " having spent no more than 2 or 3 of her 27 years in the place ( then again, much like the 48 year old Shaker Aameer who spent 4 to 5 years in the UK and is described as a "British Resident" )

Nosayba - Age ? Could well be in her 40s from this photograph;

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/5084033/Family-is-praying-for-missing-siblings-after-Egypt-riots.html

Unamaed Halawa sibling 6 - Presumably a lot older and an adult by the time Papa had his "Irish born child". Presumably never came to Ireland.

Unamed Halawa sibling 7 - Presumably a lot older and an adult by the time Papa had his "Irish born child". Presumably never came to Ireland.

So the Halawa family in Firhouse consists of only 3 children, when the Halawa family in fact consists of 7 chlldren,

4 of whom never immigrated to Ireland !

So what? The person this thread is about is Irish born and was brought up here so the point you are trying to make is not very clear

So what? The person this thread is about is Irish born and was brought up here so the point you are trying to make is not very clear

Just so I understand your point.

Deceitful, homophobic, anti Semitic, misogynistic, bigoted, violent jihadis and Islamofacists are cool and should be afforded the assistance of the Irish state should they get in troulbe

• Advertisement

Just so I understand your point.

Deceitful, homophobic, anti Semitic, misogynistic, bigoted, violent jihadis and Islamofacists are cool and should be afforded the assistance of the Irish state should they get in troulbe

When did I make that point? You are detailing an extended family history for the fella. Is it to try to paint him as non-Irish? Is he not the right religion? Colour? Why exactly are you posting details of his family

Why exactly are you posting details of his family

Because THEY have used the media to portray themselves as a " typical Irish family " who just went to Egypt for their annual holidays, and were "accidentally" caught up in riots and protests.

And bit by bit, their lies have been exposed.

If they told the truth, we would not have to examine the evidence.

Jihadbrideem was accidentally caught up ?

In that case, why was he shot twice, addressed a rally, was one of only 30 survivors of a massacre that killed over 1000 and was last seen on on live Muslim Brotherhood TV, from inside a barricaded mosque, wearing a headband, wagging an index figure and stating that he was ready to give his life to the very last bullet, as this was now an Islamic matter.

They tell us they were innocent holidaymakers.

They tell us they are just a typical Irish family.

Are we not allowed to examine the evidence and reach our own conclusions ?

it is yet to be established that he is irish born

it is yet to be established that he is irish born

Do you think the passport office would issue him with a passport stating his place of birth if they did not verify it? Why are you so desperate to paint him as non irish? It reeks of something

When did I make that point? You are detailing an extended family history for the fella. Is it to try to paint him as non-Irish? Is he not the right religion? Colour? Why exactly are you posting details of his family

To paraphrases " They started it ".

They phoned Irish, and significantly, British media outlets from inside the mosque.

The claims were they are an Irish family, on an annual holiday that they do every year, and somehow got innocently trapped up in this situation. They claim all of them are Irish citizens and had nothing to do with the protests in Egypt, were simply " caught up ".

Variously, they had completely innocently and without any knowledge of the riots just gone to the mosque to pray, and whilst doing so, the riot started and once they finished their prayers they were trapped.

Or they missed their train.

Or they had seen a commotion, wanted to see more, got caught up in it, and the now they were trapped in a mosque.

Or they saw the trouble and they phoned Papa Halawa who told them " go to the mosque, you will be safe there ".

This was how it was reported. FOUR IRISH CITIZENS. Ordinary Irish family innocently and accidentally caught up in protest and trapped inside a mosque. Get the Irish consular services and goverment to get them out and get them "home".

Papa Halawa: On Friday, I heard from my daughter (Omaima) in the square. She said a plane dropped a bomb on them on the street. They entered the mosque and they prayed in the mosque and when they went out to go home everything was closed," said Mr Halawa. "From 7pm to 7am, everything is stopped in Cairo at night. The underground was closed, there were no taxis running. She entered the mosque and then the army and the policemen came.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/papa-theyre-beating-me-moments-later-the-line-went-dead-29509643.html

Papa Halawa: " They had to enter the al-Fath Mosque for security. They thought the curfew was starting at 9pm. They didn’t realise it was 7pm,” their father said earlier this morning. “When they got to the underground, it was closed and so they had go back to the mosque for security.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/we-just-want-to-go-home-irish-citizen-trapped-in-cairo-29506614.html

SHEIKH Hussein Halawa sits alone in his Dublin home as he anxiously awaits news of his family in Egypt. He welcomes the Irish Independent into his home in Firhouse ... The Halawa family moved to Ireland in 1996 and the children are all Irish citizens. He told how each summer the children go to Cairo on holiday. "They go on holiday. They didn't have anything to do with this (violence)," said Mr Halawa.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/a-woman-inside-was-sick-they-said-they-needed-help-the-woman-is-now-dead-29509200.html

" They phoned my father and told him they were in the mosque and that they were going to pray and afterwards would leave. But, by the time prayer time had finished they were surrounded," she said. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23745737

Four Irish citizens who were among hundreds of people trapped in a Cairo mosque have now left the building. The four siblings are children of Hussein Halawa, imam of Ireland's biggest mosque in Dublin, and were in Egypt on holiday with their mother. They took refuge in the mosque yesterday as violent clashes between supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi and the security forces killed around 80 people in the Egyptian capital.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/trapped-family-now-out-of-mosque-29507167.html

So, the family are happy to portray FOUR "Irish Siblings" on a "Family Holiday" who completely innocently got caught up in this situation while going to say their prayers, and they had nothing to do with the situation.

LIES

The Halawa family consists of 7 siblings.

The family did not immigrate to Ireland in 1996. Most likely the father claimed asylum on the basis of his Muslim Brotherhood activites and various family member turned up at various stages.

Of the Halawa's 7 children, several of the older ones, including Somaia, DID NOT IMMIGRATE TO IRELAND IN 1996, in fact, they continued with their lives in Egypt. The 3 youngest ones, probably. The older 4, probably not.

The family have a home in Cairo, and Halawa's wife, mother of the children lives there with at least 1 daughter. They remain alive despite this evil military junta being in power.

This was not 4 Irish Citizens on holiday trapped in a mosque. Somaia is an Egyptian Citizen, resident in Egypt, who was looking for a job and wanting to "settle down" in this Muslim Brotherhood paradise. As a result of her lies, she is now stuck in Ireland.

They had "nothing to do" with this and were innocently caught up.

Apart from addressing huge rallies, running a media tent in an illegal occupation, Jihadbraheem appearing live on Al Hiwar, the Muslim Brotherhood TV station based in Europe, wearing a headband, wagging a finger, and stating that he will give his life to the very last bullet " AS THIS IS NOW AN ISLAMIC MATTER ! "

They are demading all sorts of things from the Irish state. In return, the least they can do is explain truthfully why they need these things.

To paraphrases " They started it ".

They phoned Irish, and significantly, British media outlets from inside the mosque.

The claims were they are an Irish family, on an annual holiday that they do every year, and somehow got innocently trapped up in this situation. They claim all of them are Irish citizens and had nothing to do with the protests in Egypt, were simply " caught up ".

Variously, they had completely innocently and without any knowledge of the riots just gone to the mosque to pray, and whilst doing so, the riot started and once they finished their prayers they were trapped.

Or they missed their train.

Or they had seen a commotion, wanted to see more, got caught up in it, and the now they were trapped in a mosque.

Or they saw the trouble and they phoned Papa Halawa who told them " go to the mosque, you will be safe there ".

This was how it was reported. FOUR IRISH CITIZENS. Ordinary Irish family innocently and accidentally caught up in protest and trapped inside a mosque. Get the Irish consular services and goverment to get them out and get them "home".

Papa Halawa: On Friday, I heard from my daughter (Omaima) in the square. She said a plane dropped a bomb on them on the street. They entered the mosque and they prayed in the mosque and when they went out to go home everything was closed," said Mr Halawa. "From 7pm to 7am, everything is stopped in Cairo at night. The underground was closed, there were no taxis running. She entered the mosque and then the army and the policemen came.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/papa-theyre-beating-me-moments-later-the-line-went-dead-29509643.html

Papa Halawa: " They had to enter the al-Fath Mosque for security. They thought the curfew was starting at 9pm. They didn’t realise it was 7pm,” their father said earlier this morning. “When they got to the underground, it was closed and so they had go back to the mosque for security.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/we-just-want-to-go-home-irish-citizen-trapped-in-cairo-29506614.html

SHEIKH Hussein Halawa sits alone in his Dublin home as he anxiously awaits news of his family in Egypt. He welcomes the Irish Independent into his home in Firhouse ... The Halawa family moved to Ireland in 1996 and the children are all Irish citizens. He told how each summer the children go to Cairo on holiday. "They go on holiday. They didn't have anything to do with this (violence)," said Mr Halawa.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/a-woman-inside-was-sick-they-said-they-needed-help-the-woman-is-now-dead-29509200.html

" They phoned my father and told him they were in the mosque and that they were going to pray and afterwards would leave. But, by the time prayer time had finished they were surrounded," she said. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23745737

Four Irish citizens who were among hundreds of people trapped in a Cairo mosque have now left the building. The four siblings are children of Hussein Halawa, imam of Ireland's biggest mosque in Dublin, and were in Egypt on holiday with their mother. They took refuge in the mosque yesterday as violent clashes between supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi and the security forces killed around 80 people in the Egyptian capital.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/trapped-family-now-out-of-mosque-29507167.html

So, the family are happy to portray FOUR "Irish Siblings" on a "Family Holiday" who completely innocently got caught up in this situation while going to say their prayers, and they had nothing to do with the situation.

LIES

The Halawa family consists of 7 siblings.

The family did not immigrate to Ireland in 1996. Most likely the father claimed asylum on the basis of his Muslim Brotherhood activites and various family member turned up at various stages.

Of the Halawa's 7 children, several of the older ones, including Somaia, DID NOT IMMIGRATE TO IRELAND IN 1996, in fact, they continued with their lives in Egypt. The 3 youngest ones, probably. The older 4, probably not.

The family have a home in Cairo, and Halawa's wife, mother of the children lives there with at least 1 daughter. They remain alive despite this evil military junta being in power.

This was not 4 Irish Citizens on holiday trapped in a mosque. Somaia is an Egyptian Citizen, resident in Egypt, who was looking for a job and wanting to "settle down" in this Muslim Brotherhood paradise. As a result of her lies, she is now stuck in Ireland.

They had "nothing to do" with this and were innocently caught up.

Apart from addressing huge rallies, running a media tent in an illegal occupation, Jihadbraheem appearing live on Al Hiwar, the Muslim Brotherhood TV station based in Europe, wearing a headband, wagging a finger, and stating that he will give his life to the very last bullet " AS THIS IS NOW AN ISLAMIC MATTER ! "

They are demading all sorts of things from the Irish state. In return, the least they can do is explain truthfully why they need these things.

still not seeing the relevance of posting all of that. The simple truth of the matter is that Ibrahim Halawa is Irish born and bred though.... Do you accept that simple fact?

A lovely fairytale from Amnesty

" Ibrahim Halawa was just 17 years old when he and his three sisters were arrested as they sought shelter from gunfire and hid in Al Fath mosque on 17 August 2013 "

" He and his sisters were on their annual family holidays in Egypt visiting their relatives when the upheaval that ultimately led to the ousting of then President Morsi began. His sisters witnessed the killing of 817 people at protest camps in Rabaa on 14 August, known as the Rabaa massacre or Egypt’s Tiananmen Square. They describe people being burned alive, indiscriminate shooting. They tried to help the wounded, saying to soldiers “but they are injured”. Somaia Halawa says, “The soldiers shot the wounded people and just said ‘now they are not injured anymore. They spent the days after Rabaa getting their sister Fatima seen by a doctor as she had been shot 20 times with rubber bullets " - THIS JUST DOES NOT ADD UP. THE SISTER WERE RUNNING THE MEDIA TENT. WHY LET SUCH PROMINENT WITNESSES TO COLD BLOODED MURDER LIVE TO TALK.

" The young women were held for 3 months before being released on bail and returned home to Ireland. " SOMAIA'S HOME IS EGYPT.

" The most the unkindest of us could accuse them of, is being in the wrong place at the wrong time ". ONCE ? TWICE ? EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THEIR " HOLIDAY " ?

" The Irish Government must do everything in its power to bring him home " BECAUSE COUNTRIES RUN BY BROWN SKINNED PEOPLE ARE TOO BACKWARD TO HAVE THEIR OWN LAWS AND JUDICIAL SYSTEM ?

https://www.amnesty.ie/news/waiting-freedom-egypt

still not seeing the relevance of posting all of that. The simple truth of the matter is that Ibrahim Halawa is Irish born and bred though.... Do you accept that simple fact?

Given that they have told so many lies and mistruths, cynicism about this supposed "fact" is utterly justified.

So because the Halawa's provide 99 Lies or 999 lies but 1 " Fact " we are supposed to swallow the WHOLE lot wholesale ?

I have a lovely bridge over the Thames here to sell you. Would look great in Arizona.

So because the Halawa's provide 99 Lies but 1 " Fact " we are supposed to swallow the lot wholesale ?

I have a lovely bridge over the Thames here to sell you. Would look great in Arizona.

Why are you so desperate to paint him as non Irish when he is as Irish as anyone else born and reared here? Care to answer the question rather than post comprehensive biographies in his siblings

• Advertisement

A lovely fairytale from Amnesty

" Ibrahim Halawa was just 17 years old when he and his three sisters were arrested as they sought shelter from gunfire and hid in Al Fath mosque on 17 August 2013 "

" He and his sisters were on their annual family holidays in Egypt visiting their relatives when the upheaval that ultimately led to the ousting of then President Morsi began. His sisters witnessed the killing of 817 people at protest camps in Rabaa on 14 August, known as the Rabaa massacre or Egypt’s Tiananmen Square. They describe people being burned alive, indiscriminate shooting. They tried to help the wounded, saying to soldiers “but they are injured”. Somaia Halawa says, “The soldiers shot the wounded people and just said ‘now they are not injured anymore. They spent the days after Rabaa getting their sister Fatima seen by a doctor as she had been shot 20 times with rubber bullets " - THIS JUST DOES NOT ADD UP. THE SISTER WERE RUNNING THE MEDIA TENT. WHY LET SUCH PROMINENT WITNESSES TO COLD BLOODED MURDER LIVE TO TALK.

" The young women were held for 3 months before being released on bail and returned home to Ireland. " SOMAIA'S HOME IS EGYPT.

" The most the unkindest of us could accuse them of, is being in the wrong place at the wrong time ". ONCE ? TWICE ? EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THEIR " HOLIDAY " ?

" The Irish Government must do everything in its power to bring him home " BECAUSE COUNTRIES RUN BY BROWN SKINNED PEOPLE ARE TOO BACKWARD TO HAVE THEIR OWN LAWS AND JUDICIAL SYSTEM ?

https://www.amnesty.ie/news/waiting-freedom-egypt
    Your last sentence is pretty ironic. Trying to paint amnesty international as racist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement