Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    I got an infraction for making a racist comment even though I was speaking the truth, call me racist I don't care. So many people that are blind to what is going on all over the world, the way things are going Islam will be the dominant force and then we'll see how multi-cultural you all are, the French people are living in fear daily, this incident in Australia, 9/11, soldier beheaded in London, 140 children killed in Pakistan, beheading of young children, stoning to death of women, blowing themselves up because they think they are going to get 10 wives in paradise, oh I'm so sorry for my insulting remarks but I've had enough of it. Oh let's not be racist, let's be happy and let them come in and blow us all up, and they would given half a chance.

I would imagine it was because your post was reeking of good old fashioned narrow minded ignorant bigotry. Would this dislike of muslims extend to those treating you in the medical services or do they get a pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

I would imagine it was because your post was reeking of good old fashioned narrow minded ignorant bigotry. Would this dislike of muslims extend to those treating you in the medical services or do they get a pass?

Considering Indians are Buddhist or Hindu and generally are a very nice bunch of people, yes they get a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Considering Indians are Buddhist or Hindu and generally are a very nice bunch of people, yes they get a pass.

......there's more than Indians working in the health service - Pakistanis, Malaysians??

Do they get a pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Jawgap wrote: »
    ......there's more than Indians working in the health service - Pakistanis, Malaysians??

Do they get a pass?

I have nothing against somebody going to a country to work, whatever the religion. Unfortunately for the Muslim community, it is a destructive minority that is ruining their formerly good name, and as a consequence countries are going to have to take action to combat immigration. Take the UK for example, there is a huge Muslim population, a % of those that do not work, take social welfare off the UK government and also many British born Muslims have travelled over to the Middle East to fight for ISIS and come back and plan terror plots against the country that gave them a better life. Luckily in Ireland, we don't have that problem as such, yet, but it's not far away. The French and Ozzies have taken a strong stand against the Muslim culture over the last number of years, so you must think they are racist also.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

thats nice. however you will find many muslims working in the medical profession. do they get a pass or are you bigoted and racist toards them also?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

No need for racism his skin colour race or creed has nothing to do with him acting the scut which has landed him in his current place of residence.

I have nothing against somebody going to a country to work, whatever the religion. Unfortunately for the Muslim community, it is a destructive minority that is ruining their formerly good name, and as a consequence countries are going to have to take action to combat immigration. Take the UK for example, there is a huge Muslim population, a % of those that do not work, take social welfare off the UK government and also many British born Muslims have travelled over to the Middle East to fight for ISIS and come back and plan terror plots against the country that gave them a better life. Luckily in Ireland, we don't have that problem as such, yet, but it's not far away. The French and Ozzies have taken a strong stand against the Muslim culture over the last number of years, so you must think they are racist also.

That's not my experience of the UK and I work there about 2/3 days every fortnight in Birmingham.

Also define 'many' - what % of the Muslim population constitute the "many British born Muslims have travelled over to the Middle East to fight for ISIS and come back and plan terror plots against the country that gave them a better life."

I have nothing against somebody going to a country to work, whatever the religion. Unfortunately for the Muslim community, it is a destructive minority that is ruining their formerly good name, and as a consequence countries are going to have to take action to combat immigration.

yeah. because that is going to stop this sort of thing. all the rabel rabel about immigration means nothing. are you going to stop our citizens from emigrating to other countries? i think if were to stop immigration to our country then we should bann our citizens from leaving in turn.
    Take the UK for example, there is a huge Muslim population, a % of those that do not work, take social welfare off the UK government

shocking!!!!!!! . shur begorra begosh nobody from the native population would ever do such a thing. oh, wait
    also many British born Muslims have travelled over to the Middle East to fight for ISIS and come back and plan terror plots against the country that gave them a better life.

you mean a few. and you also mean the country they were born in, the country where they are from.
    Luckily in Ireland, we don't have that problem as such, yet, but it's not far away.

yeah, i'm sure.
    The French and Ozzies have taken a strong stand against the Muslim culture over the last number of years

yeah, all rabel rabel to appease the voters.
    so you must think they are racist also.

well, they seem to have a bit of a reputation don't they. however its not all. just like the fact its not all muslims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

This post isnt about Racism ....... Its about a guy, one guy who acted the muppet.

Indians are muslims. No indian ever came to Ireland and said "Van't wait to open me a Mosque and start burning infidels". I am all in favour of us opening a few Catholic Churches in Saudi Arabia before we allow Mosques in Ireland. If you think that is racism the whole Swiss nation said they didnt want ANY mosques in Switzerland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This post isnt about Racism ....... Its about a guy, one guy who acted the muppet.

Indians are muslims. .

About 20% of them are.
    No indian ever came to Ireland and said "Van't wait to open me a Mosque and start burning infidels". I am all in favour of us opening a few Catholic Churches in Saudi Arabia before we allow Mosques in Ireland. If you think that is racism the whole Swiss nation said they didnt want ANY mosques in Switzerland.

They did?

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »

They did?

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/expect-more-heads

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/nov/29/switzerland-bans-mosque-minarets

love to know how many mosques are in Scotland, who proudly defend their culture

Indians are muslims. No indian ever came to Ireland and said "Van't wait to open me a Mosque and start burning infidels".

really? did you ask them all? i'd imagine the vast majority don't, just like the vast majority of muslims.
    I am all in favour of us opening a few Catholic Churches in Saudi Arabia before we allow Mosques in Ireland.

yes, we don't get to open catholic churches in a backward dump like saudi, so they can't open a mosq in a tolerent free society who claims to be against such oppressive rules. so you condone saudi having no catholic churches then and you are okay with oppressive rules such as in saudi?
    If you think that is racism the whole Swiss nation said they didnt want ANY mosques in Switzerland.

did they? so thats okay then. because another country didn't want them, we don't either. they don't want catholic churches in saudi, so we don't want them here either.

That's nothing to do with my post.

If you bothered to read your own link, you'd note that it does not back up what you say.

love to know how many mosques are in Scotland, who proudly defend their culture

Over 50, if I recall
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Scotland#mediaviewer/File:Wfm_glasgow_central_mosque_front.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Central_Mosque#mediaviewer/File:Edinburgh_Trip_3.27.2011_075.JPG

What effect have mosques on Scottish culture?

Indians are muslims. No indian ever came to Ireland and said "Van't wait to open me a Mosque and start burning infidels". I am all in favour of us opening a few Catholic Churches in Saudi Arabia before we allow Mosques in Ireland. If you think that is racism the whole Swiss nation said they didnt want ANY mosques in Switzerland.

Tbh, I think we'd all be a lot better if didn't build mosques, or churches or temples or synagogues and just got past the concept of superstition religion.

But, yes, this thread was wandered away from its topic.

Well I would remind you how long it took tp build the East London Mosque. Planned two and half years ended up being six. Now it is established they have the right to veto building around it.

Ahh Auld Kalid Kelly... the man is a dangerous sinister individual and should be recognised as such. He should not be painted as weirdo or Oddball who drank too much of his own looney juice. He might be 20 years out of time sync but what he is saying is bang on. Elements are here to take over and this guy wants to help out.

Yeah the Swiss dont want any Minarettes spoiling their sky line. I have no interest in Saudi arabia as long as the oil flows fast and cheap. Their country, their business. Dont care one bit as long as it doesnt affect me.

Well I would remind you how long it took tp build the East London Mosque. Planned two and half years ended up being six. Now it is established they have the right to veto building around it..

What are you on about and what has it to do with the exchange of posts thus far?

Ahh Auld Kalid Kelly... the man is a dangerous sinister individual and should be recognised as such. He should not be painted as weirdo or Oddball who drank too much of his own looney juice. He might be 20 years out of time sync but what he is saying is bang on. Elements are here to take over and this guy wants to help out. .

What "elements"?

Al-Mujaharoun think of it like the workers party or CPGB answering to Moscow in the sixties. He answer to who ever directs him. Who are they? Dont know my newsagent doesnt keep me copies of Al Queeda quarterly. I mean he must be answer to someone to fund him and what other person would do this all off their own backs with no incentive?

Well I would remind you how long it took tp build the East London Mosque. Planned two and half years ended up being six. Now it is established they have the right to veto building around it.

maybe because they own the land? maybe some deal was done with the council for investment by the owners of the mosq in exchange for the veto?
    I have no interest in Saudi arabia as long as the oil flows fast and cheap. Their country, their business. Dont care one bit as long as it doesnt affect me.

says it all

Ahh Auld Kalid Kelly... the man is a dangerous sinister individual and should be recognised as such. He should not be painted as weirdo or Oddball who drank too much of his own looney juice. He might be 20 years out of time sync but what he is saying is bang on. Elements are here to take over and this guy wants to help out.

Yeah the Swiss dont want any Minarettes spoiling their sky line. I have no interest in Saudi arabia as long as the oil flows fast and cheap. Their country, their business. Dont care one bit as long as it doesnt affect me.

The interesting thing about the Swiss is the number of players in their national football squad who are immigrants or sons of immigrants of Albanian, FYROM Macedonian, Bosniak, Cape Verdean, and Ivorian extraction.

Also about one third of their squad in the World Cup this year was Muslim, including Senderos.

Oh, and they were ranked 12th in the world (they were 6th before the WC) a full 49 places ahead of us - maybe immigration is not always bad for a country ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mr67stag

From having read the general comments posted here it would be fairly reflective of most people.

WHF was a kid doing there , heading into a revoloution most minors are doing regular things that young kids do , Girls football cars as in teenagers.
    The word brain washing springs to mind,who paid for him to go there ?
    What were his legal guardians / parents thinking.
    Let those responsible take care of the situation.

But our goverment are excellent at doing what the majority dont want so i reckon they will bend over backwards to bring back a bit of the revoloution back to ireland.

• Advertisement

Hey I have full faith Kawasaki will playing up front for Ireland in 15 years time on the football squad.

mr67stag wrote: »
    our goverment are excellent at doing what the majority dont want

yeah but not in this case. in this case, what a supposed majority don't want done is the right thing to do. so helping this irish born irish citizen to get back home to ireland which is his home where he belongs is the right thing to do whether people like it want it or not.
    i reckon they will bend over backwards to bring an irish born irish citizen back to where he belongs, ireland.

rightly so

Al-Mujaharoun ..................?

What about them?

Well they just open shop here and guess who is their Vice President in the Irish center? Mr Kalid Kelly, who is just back from a training course in the Pewshwar district of Pakistan.

That guy is like a bad rash that just wont go away..

Well they just open shop here and guess who is their Vice President in the Irish center? Mr Kalid Kelly, who is just back from a training course in the Pewshwar district of Pakistan.

That guy is like a bad rash that just wont go away..

So really all this talk of elements taking over is you crapping on about this Kelly eejit.

WHF was a kid doing there , heading into a revoloution most minors are doing regular things that young kids do , Girls football cars as in teenagers.
    The word brain washing springs to mind,who paid for him to go there ?
    What were his legal guardians / parents thinking.
    Let those responsible take care of the situation.

The four of the children were over there. They were all arrested but the girls were released quickly. They took the first offer to go. I wonder if they encouraged him to stay? They are all older adults. like 21-24 I think. His Parent probably think this is a badgeof honour for him or the family. Its not like he was going to be an accoountant ...... ahh sure he will make a great martyr. Like in Ireland, He isnt strong enough to be a farmer or Guard or smart enough to be an Teacher or in business .... sure we will send him for the Priest hood.

Irish families ... gotta love 'em

Nodin wrote: »
    So really all this talk of elements taking over is you crapping on about this Kelly eejit.

First he is not my eejit, he is a qualified and competent nurse. You have a qualification in Medical related field? Dont knock the guy. Learned Arabic and made it all the way out to Pakistan and came back in one piece? That is impressive.

If Irish intelligence didnt dismiss him they must have some concerns about him. Oh and by the way they dont look favourably on converts. Cant win with these dudes

First he is not my eejit, he is a qualified and competent nurse. You have a qualification in Medical related field? Dont knock the guy. Learned Arabic and made it all the way out to Pakistan and came back in one piece? That is impressive.

If Irish intelligence didnt dismiss him they must have some concerns about him. Oh and by the way they dont look favourably on converts. Cant win with these dudes

He's an eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

so helping this irish born irish citizen to get back home to ireland which is his home where he belongs is the right thing to do whether people like it want it or not.
    You brought up the subject of a "MORAL RIGHT"... if we were talking about an innocent Irish child that was on a holiday and got caught up in something, then i would agree with you, poor kid, needs some help.

But we are talking about an adult who went there for a purpose, got involved in local politics, was on video addressing the protestors and is now accused of murder by a military court.

What on earth do you expect the Irish government to do?

Legally, as others have said, they can't help him because he is in Egypt.
    Morally, maybe he lost that right when he went from an innocent tourist to a political agitator charged with murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Did any Irish media carry the report that the accused were transferred to a military court last Saturday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement