Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

There are currently talks in place for trading him for a pallet of lyons pyrimid tea bags,

Mrs Doyle has been sent in to negioate his release, which should go something like,

Ah let him go,

NO!!!!,

Agh go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,

Bismillah! NOOOOO!! We will not let you go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

There are currently talks in place for trading him for a pallet of lyons pyrimid tea bags,

Mrs Doyle has been sent in to negioate his release, which should go something like,

Ah let him go,

NO!!!!,

Agh go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,
    A pallet of teabags:eek:
    He not worth a cup of tea !
    Leave the little (carefull now I may get carded) lad where he is and hopefully in 5 years when his trial comes up he'll be found guilty. And we will still be a pallet of teabags better off.

Jebus Skooter that's a lovely holiday video for his family to have as a keepsake.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I dont know ..... i think that kind of clears up any confusion about being out buying postcards, the World Sand Castle Championships.

If you have any doubts ... the apple never falls far from the tree . Get about 9 minutes into the interview and this vulture dodges every question with the most crooked gobbeley gook. The catholic church would get a run for thier money with tired flash words like : "talking points", "a conference about it", "Pending discussion", "ecumenical matters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVo6H44yZYI

• Advertisement

I dont know ..... i think that kind of clears up any confusion about being out buying postcards, the World Sand Castle Championships.

If you have any doubts ... the apple never falls far from the tree . Get about 9 minutes into the interview and this vulture dodges every question with the most crooked gobbeley gook. The catholic church would get a run for thier money with tired flash words like : "talking points", "a conference about it", "Pending discussion", "ecumenical matters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVo6H44yZYI

Yep kinda clears it up ok. Looks like we've reached the "end of the road" doesn't it. I'm goin 4 an early pint but I will watch daddy when I get home.
    Good work.
    Ps thank fook we didn't swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

He was offered help, he refused it. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink comes to mind. It can be claimed that he stayed so that others wont be killed but we have no power there. It is not up to Ireland to play world police and try to solve all the problems in Egypt. The best we can do is get Irish citizens out of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

A pallet of teabags:eek:
    He not worth a cup of tea !
    Leave the little (carefull now I may get carded) lad where he is and hopefully in 5 years when his trial comes up he'll be found guilty. And we will still be a pallet of teabags better off.

How about a tea towel they can wrap it around their head,

i think it's safe to say if i was doing the negiotations I would get him back,
    well his head at least,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I think he and his family overestimated the amount of sympathy he would get.

Let him rot. As an example to other young radicalised young people who's heads may be getting filled with nonsense propaganda at the minute.

Ibrahim who was executed in Egypt for his troubles won't have the same allure as Ibrahim who was freed because he had an Irish passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Earlier in the thread you said...

Then more recently Bjork said...

You quoted what Bjork said above in your own post but it appears that you changed what he said to this..

To which you added / replied..

You have just lost your argument.
    no, i haven't. at the time i had thought he went speciffically to protest however i except now that wasn't the case and that he got caught up in it. so i haven't lost any argument

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

He was offered help, he refused it. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink comes to mind. It can be claimed that he stayed so that others wont be killed but we have no power there. It is not up to Ireland to play world police and try to solve all the problems in Egypt. The best we can do is get Irish citizens out of there.
    which this chap is. so we can do what we can for him even if it isn't much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

no, i haven't. at the time i had thought he went speciffically to protest however i except now that wasn't the case and that he got caught up in it. so i haven't lost any argument

What changed your mind?

Post it up maybe it'll change some other minds.

Let him rot.

not at all. he is an irish citizen so what can be done must be no matter how little it is .
    As an example to other young radicalised young people who's heads may be getting filled with nonsense propaganda at the minute.

can't be done especially for the reason above. doing things as an "example to others" is a failed waste of time and money reason which achieves nothing and doesn't stop things from happening.

an Ibrahim who was executed in Egypt for his troubles won't have the same allure as Ibrahim who was freed because he had an Irish passport.[/QUOTE]

it will, infact it will have a lot more of a 1,

The only arguement left is whether to repatriate the body or not. Let this be a lesson to people. We need to tighten up on who we give passports and citizenship to. That also includes people up the North. Anyone remember former RUC officers going over to Iraq on Irish Passports to work in the private security industry as consultants? That kind of crack. An Irish Passport is a very valuable passport and gets great respect and free passes. The last thing we need are mucky puppies like this family bringing it into disrepte.

Remember the comedien Andrew Maxwell? When I travel on holidays I carry two football shirts. One Irish for wearing during the day and an English one for night time when I want to get drunk and be a %^&*.

Stay Irish stay Neutral

it will, infact it will have a lot more of a 1,

have a good look around ..... no-one cares. you are an army of one.

The voting public dont care and it wont be long until the Irish ambassador gets tired or gets changed. Next guy might not have time to do house call to Mustaffa.

I wonder if anyone thinks of victims his holiday video inspired.

not at all. he is an irish citizen so what can be done must be no matter how little it is .

Do you not accept he is also an Egyptian citizen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

End of the road... How can you say that he just "got caught up in it"?
    [5:35] My name is Ebraheem Halawa and I am from Ireland. I am in the first year at University and I am here since one month ago. I came directly from Ireland to Rabaa and I was there at the Republican Guard massacre and I got two birdshot wounds, and it did not stop me. Your standing here makes me stay with you. Also, during the massacre at Sadat's Memorial I was there and saw the people killed even though Salah Sultan said to come back, but they stayed to face the police and our standing there stopped the police and the thugs. And then I came to the hospital at Rabaa, then they took me to Medinat Nasr hospital because I stopped breathing because of the gas. We are saying to them we are not leaving, we are not leaving.

The young lads parents have to be held responsible for allowing him and his sisters to get involved in this, unfortunately for him, he got caught and will suffer the consequences as an Egyptian ADULT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

which this chap is. so we can do what we can for him even if it isn't much

He was offered a way out. He chose not to accept it.

Putinovsky wrote: »
    They've gone to Egypt every single year since they were kids. Why are you so keen to portray them as fanatical islamists? You don't even know them.

I dont know ..... see the past few posts. The video the Halawa wanted to go away

at 17 and an irish citizen maybe something should have been done, irrespective of why he was in egypt in the first place.
    i figure nothing's been done for the simple reason that ireland hasn't the connections/interest to deal with it.

Go have a look up who his daddy is. The little crettin was out stirring and you know what he went looking for crap but crap found him. The Ambassador brokered a deal for him to come home with no criminal record, penalty or jail time as long as he never set foot in Egypt. he rejected it and was a prisoner of conscience. My guess is they will try him in a Military court for treason and as an Adult and he will have to be wearing his big boy pants on that day.

When they change ambassador the next one might have enogh to deal with and might not have time to go to Tesco to pick him up FHM, 20 cigarettes and chinese takeaway. Guess that auld Irish passport get out of jail card didnt work out.

• Advertisement

as an Adult
    Using the Hijiri calendar, he was an adult when all this happened.

The only arguement left is whether to repatriate the body or not. Let this be a lesson to people.

it can't and won't be a lesson. the government are right to try and get him home if there is any chance they can.
    We need to tighten up on who we give passports and citizenship to.

this chap was born here. you can't "give" citizenship to someone who was born here, they get it automatically. unless of course you want to start forcing all non white people born here to have to apply for citizenship in their own country.
    That also includes people up the North.

who are irish themselves.
    An Irish Passport is a very valuable passport and gets great respect and free passes. The last thing we need are mucky puppies like this family bringing it into disrepte.

this family can't bring it into disrepute as its only the boy in egypt now, he was born here also if any other members of the family were born here, they can't bring it into disrepute either.

have a good look around ..... no-one cares. you are an army of one.

The voting public dont care and it wont be long until the Irish ambassador gets tired or gets changed. Next guy might not have time to do house call to Mustaffa.

I wonder if anyone thinks of victims his holiday video inspired.
    the government are doing what they can. so i couldn't care a less what the voting public think. infact as they won't care, it won't be an electoral issue meaning the next government could decide to continue doing what they can for this irish boy.

He was offered a way out. He chose not to accept it.
    doesn't matter. the government seem happy to continue to do what they can for this irish citizen so that is good

Go have a look up who his daddy is. The little crettin was out stirring and you know what he went looking for crap but crap found him. The Ambassador brokered a deal for him to come home with no criminal record, penalty or jail time as long as he never set foot in Egypt. he rejected it and was a prisoner of conscience. My guess is they will try him in a Military court for treason and as an Adult and he will have to be wearing his big boy pants on that day.

When they change ambassador the next one might have enogh to deal with and might not have time to go to Tesco to pick him up FHM, 20 cigarettes and chinese takeaway. Guess that auld Irish passport get out of jail card didnt work out.
    doesn't matter whether the ambassador has time, its their job to do what little they can moraly for an irish citizen

He is accused of murder in a foreign country, what exactly do you expect the Irish government to do? Please spell it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

How can you say that when there is clear video footage of him and his sisters addressing a protest rally.

Whatever else he may have intended to do when he got there, be it visiting family or friends, or buying postcards :rolleyes: , he still made the conscious decision to get involved, and had enough influence to be given platform time to shout his feelings out for all to to see and hear.

this chap was born here. you can't "give" citizenship to someone who was born here, they get it automatically. unless of course you want to start forcing all non white people born here to have to apply for citizenship in their own country.

who are irish themselves.

this family can't bring it into disrepute as its only the boy in egypt now, he was born here also if any other members of the family were born here, they can't bring it into disrepute either.

Not all people born here are Irish citizens, your parents have to be living here for atleast 3 years to get it. I would be comfortable with this period to be extended or other cases on a case by case basis. remember that referundum there a few years ago?
    People up the North are not all Irish, most are Unionist and citizens of the UK. But you shouldnt be able to switch passport for business purposes espcially when you are in the security industry.
    AS for the family? Have a long hard look at the interview above and the father is refusing to answer questions directly and is advocating Sharia Law. He says advising on sharia Law, I say running Sharia Courts.

@end of the road - are you ignoring my questions deliberately?

Do you accept that in addition to being an Irish citizen, the Halawa kid is also an Egyptian citizen?

• Advertisement

Jawgap wrote: »
    What changed your mind?

Post it up maybe it'll change some other minds.

Are you going to say what changed your mind?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement