Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Jawgap wrote: »
    Are you going to say what changed your mind?

How about the Halawas were caught out on lies and they are all full of sugar.

1. they were there on holidays
    Lies they were there to stir up the Arab spring

2.The Irish government did nothing.
    Lies Irish Ambassador got the girls released and they took it but boy wonder said I am going to be a "Prisoner of Conscience". I dont know what that means but It mean that instead of getting off without criinal record or serious jail time.... he got an indefinite stay in the Cario hilton.

3. He recieved no consular assistance.
    Lies the Irish ambassador continues to to visit him despite him making her look like a tool after she negoiated a deal for him.

4. He was a buying post cards when he got mixed up in the crowd fleeing the riot and held up in a church to protect them.
    Lies. see all the videos and associated translation with them.

If I told you a few little porkie pies would you say that was a slip of the tongue or would you start questioning everything else I told you?

Now what if I told you a few big lies and left you hanging out on the line looking like a muppet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

it can't and won't be a lesson. the government are right to try and get him home if there is any chance they can.

this chap was born here. you can't "give" citizenship to someone who was born here, they get it automatically. unless of course you want to start forcing all non white people born here to have to apply for citizenship in their own country.

this family can't bring it into disrepute as its only the boy in egypt now, he was born here also if any other members of the family were born here, they can't bring it into disrepute either.

Actually I would say it has been a valuable learning lesson. You cant use an Irish passport as a flag of onvenience. Meaning usually when an immigration officer sees an Irish Passport he thinks "low risk/Western European/unlikely to be economically dependent on the state/ unlikely to be seeking asylum/unlikely to be associated with terrorist activities/etc". then they dismiss you. Its called profiling and everyone does and any one who doesnt admit to doing it is a liar or an idiot. Even Shakespeare talks about wearing fitting appearal. When a turkish passoprt officer sees a guy in a liverpool jersey coming into the country with a UK passport he says "I am going to seriously mess with his sh`t". A passport officer can detain you, question you and cross reference you for security checks. For 4 minutes in time these people can make or break your travel plans.

You are entitled to a passport when you are born and if you are a citizen. You dont own a passport.... that belongs to the Minister of Forigen affiars. dont believe me? Look in the back of your passport? note 1 top right hand side. That means it can be withdrawn if you are a mucky puppy like Gerry Adams and Martin Mc Guinness. Now that I mention it Fr Neil Horan, we havent heard of him in a while ..... I wonder why. Then there is Father Pat Ryan. Also if you lose your passport three times it can be withdrawn.

This family have brought it into disrepute see note 2 on your passport. You will comply with the immigration laws of the country. The passport does not exempt you from the law of the land, /that mean if you do stupid stuff like to over throw the government you will feel the full force of the law of the land. they have been stirring in Egypt... you dont think all the other counteries in the region share or watches these names. Sure the American wanted information on them (source wikileaks). Knowing the Irish government they complied. So now we are harbouring terrorists. That means that any Irish Egyptians including that millionaire that owns Inis Turk whiskey will beeither viewed with suspicion or given a full check out entering Egypt again.

You seem to not understand the word disrepute, it means to soil the name of . This nest of vipers has brought international negative attention to non national Irish passport holders. "Disrepute" can cross borders and smear passport and people who have never heard of this family. Ever hear of a guy called Cononel Oliver North? He entered Iran in the 1980's on an Irish Passport. how he got it I dont know. (Accidental Diplomat, Sean Delaney). Then there were those Mossad agent who exectued a guy in Saudi (I think) they had British and Irish passports (fake and you know cos it was Israeli they were good copies). The Irish Government looked for answers and got noe so the Israeli ambassador was returned in protest.

Try travelling the world twice over ...once on an Irish Passport and the second time on an American/Russian/British/French/German/Israeli and see how you get treated once you go south of North Africa or East of Turkey. I host Couch surfers the whole time and I get all their stories. Canadians have the least resistance to their passports. Ireland shouldnt be harbouring terrorist and we should have to put up with this kind of crap from people with no allegiance to Neutral country and people who dont adhere to the laws of our land.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭josip

Trial now postponed until 8th of February.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0106/670579-ibrahim-halawa-court/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

... Then there were those Mossad agent who exectued a guy in Saudi (I think) they had British and Irish passports (fake and you know cos it was Israeli they were good copies). The Irish Government looked for answers and got noe so the Israeli ambassador was returned in protest.

actually i think it was lost/stolen irish passports they used with the photos replaced but the rest of your post stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What are you smoking?.
    I'm unsure if your delusional,drunk,high or just plain silly. He deserves to stay where he is. Like I said he made his bed. Why we are even bothering with him is beyond me.

Oh yea...he's an Irish citizen..right.:rolleyes:

42 pages wasted on this guy!

those two wallopers caught trying to buy arms in lithuania were irish citizens too, were you harping on demanding their release? I did'nt hear much of an uproar about them presumably because they were boring standard issue irish as opposed to shiney exciting new irish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Bambi wrote: »
    those two wallopers caught trying to buy arms in lithuania were irish citizens too, were you harping on demanding their release? I did'nt hear much of an uproar about them presumably because they were boring standard issue irish as opposed to shiney exciting new irish
    irish citizens are irish citizens. the 2 caught trying to buy weapons in lithuania are irrelevant to this thread. this is about the irish boy in egypt

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

There's a yank in Switzerland who was refused citizenship this week after living there for 39 years! The Swiss only give out citizenship to the exceptional. We dish it out like confetti. Paddy needs to be liked.

This chaps parents can't even speak English. "Irish citizens."

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

irish citizens are irish citizens. the 2 caught trying to buy weapons in lithuania are irrelevant to this thread. this is about the irish boy in egypt

Why are they irrelevant? Very similar situation.

• They're both Irish citizens, like Ibrahim Halawa.
    • They both in trouble with authorities in foreign countries, like Ibrahim Halawa.
    The only differences I see is that Ibrahim is a Muslim with brown skin, which, apparently, enables him to get special treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

my 2c

The guy is an irish citizen, who went willingly to another country to participate in what the local authorities deemed an illegal act.

Tough Sh!t.. he should have known better.

I'd classify him in the same category, as ppl that travel to syria to join ISIS or IS or whatever they call themselves these days.

I think they should be refused reentry to this country.. in fact i believe that they should be refused entry to any EU country.

They made their bed......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They aren't relevant because they weren't irish citizens?

Or they aren't relevant because they were not worth making a fuss over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

those two wallopers caught trying to buy arms in lithuania were irish citizens too, were you harping on demanding their release? I did'nt hear much of an uproar about them presumably because they were boring standard issue irish as opposed to shiney exciting new irish :D

Hey Bambi,
    I don't know where you get from any of my posts that I'm " harping on demanding "anybody's release. I couldn't give a flyin fook if they execute this lad. He is using the Irish flag as a flag of convenience in my opinion,and I have heard anything here or anywhere else to convince me otherwise.:confused:
    @ knew exactly what he was doing and should be made pay to the full letter of Egyptian law. I don't kn where EOTR is getting off with " he's an Irish citizen,big swingin mickey,so is the fella in Australia who put his brother into a coma. I haven't heard him crying to the Australian authorities about his Irishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

IRISH TEENAGER IBRAHIM Halawa is said to be considering going on hunger strike, after a scheduled court hearing in Cairo was postponed once again today.

The Dublin-born 19-year-old is charged with murder, attempted murder and taking part in an illegal protest.

Ibrahim travelled to Egypt with his sisters and took part in a protest in August 2013 against the ousting of former president Mohamed Morsi.

However, he was detained in a mass arrest, and has spent the last year and a half in prison while his family campaign for justice.

A spokesperson for human rights group Reprieve — which is working with the Halawa family — said today’s scheduled hearing had been postponed until 8 February.

493 other people face the same charges — and could face long prison terms, or even the death penalty if convicted.

It’s understood most weren’t transported to court today, and that Ibrahim also remained in jail.

It’s the third time a scheduled could appearance for the teenager has been postponed.

A hearing in August was also cut short by the judge, who said he was uncomfortable dealing with such large numbers in on one process.

“I had heard that he was considering a hunger strike,” the Reprieve spokesperson said this morning.

“While the trial is completely unfair, being incarcerated is equally frustrating for Ibrahim.”

The 19-year-old’s sisters, Somaia, Fatima and Omaima, were arrested at the same protest in 2013 and were held for three months before being freed and allowed to return to Ireland.

http://www.thejournal.ie/ibrahim-halawa-trial-1866540-Jan2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

He's threatened a hunger strike before!!

Well he has another 4 weeks to consider going on hunger strike now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

He's threatened a hunger strike before!!

this must be his 15th hunger strike. I think he lasted to dinner time on the last one!

His Ma said he can't.......

His Ma said he can't.......

She should have told the little toe rag to stay put.

She should have told the little toe rag to stay put.

That's kids for you.......one minute it's colouring books and lego........next it's jihad and death to the infidels........where does the time go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ah here the sooner this tramp is sentenced to real jail time for his crimes the better it will be for everyone.

Why would any normal person travel to a country to break the laws of that country when your own country tells you not to because they can't help if you dirty your bib out there?

Ah, I don't know.

I think it would be better for everyone, even him, if the judge could just give him a root up the hole and send him back home with his Mammy - whereupon she could take that Egyptian passport from him and give him a clip around the year and send him to college......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't get why the left is gearing up to adopt this case? :confused:

Ah, I don't know.

I think it would be better for everyone, even him, if the judge could just give him a root up the hole and send him back home with his Mammy - whereupon she could take that Egyptian passport from him and give him a clip around the year and send him to college......

I have a better idea, why not take his Irish Passport off him and fookin keep him there.

There's a yank in Switzerland who was refused citizenship this week after living there for 39 years!

yeah, disgusting. he's built a life there and been there for a very long time.
    The Swiss only give out citizenship to the exceptional.

oh? they hardly give it out at all? doubt that. if they infact do, what do they want, a medal?
    We dish it out like confetti.

we don't.
    This chaps parents can't even speak English. "Irish citizens."

whats your point. the boy in egypt was born here. get over it. many people of a different skin colour or religion have been born here over the years. time to except ireland for white catholic irish is gone.

The only differences I see is that Ibrahim is a Muslim with brown skin

who is imprisoned in a country which slaughters its citizens for any old thing.
    which, apparently, enables him to get special treatment.

does it? no, it doesn't. his story so happens to be widely reported on, so we know more or less what is happening.

pa990 wrote: »
    The guy is an irish citizen, who went willingly to another country to participate in what the local authorities deemed an illegal act.

local authorities who slaughter their own citizens for whatever the authority feels like. frankly what they deem something is irrelevant.
    Tough Sh!t.. he should have known better.

not tough **** at all
    I'd classify him in the same category, as ppl that travel to syria to join ISIS or IS or whatever they call themselves these days.

because he's non white? so therefore if he goes to another country for whatever reason its the same as traveling to fight with isis? but if he was white he'd be okay and it wouldn't be. get it now. what about those going to fight against isis? are they okay or are the non white people doing so still the same? i bet they are in your eyes.
    I think they should be refused reentry to this country.. in fact i believe that they should be refused entry to any EU country.

no they shouldn't. they are our citizens, therefore our problem and responsibility. not the job of another country to be responsible for them, why should another country be responsible for them. we have no right to refuse our citizens entry nor should we. our citizens our problem and responsibility
    They made their bed......

they didn't.

They aren't relevant because they weren't irish citizens?

Or they aren't relevant because they were not worth making a fuss over?
    they aren't relevant because they are not what the thread is about. they are irish citizens

Hey Bambi,
    I don't know where you get from any of my posts that I'm " harping on demanding "anybody's release. I couldn't give a flyin fook if they execute this lad. He is using the Irish flag as a flag of convenience in my opinion,and I have heard anything here or anywhere else to convince me otherwise.

not at all. he is irish, the fact he isn't a white catholic doesn't change that.
    @ knew exactly what he was doing and should be made pay to the full letter of Egyptian law.

no he shouldn't. egypt is a corrupt dictatorship, so its laws are invalid.
    I don't kn where EOTR is getting off with " he's an Irish citizen,big swingin mickey,so is the fella in Australia who put his brother into a coma. I haven't heard him crying to the Australian authorities about his Irishness.

because he is irish. the fellow in australia could be talking to the authorities in relation to his nationality for all we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭FactCheck

People do understand that he was protesting in favour of the democratically elected government, that had been deposed by military coup, yeah?

I don't like the Muslim Brotherhood one bit. I wouldn't vote for them in an election. But in a free and fair and legitimate election (despite the army's best efforts to rig election boxes) the majority of the Egyptian people voted for them.

And then army seized back the control they'd had over the country for decades.

Say what you like about the Muslim Brotherhood, they were the government and a damn sight better than a military fcuking coup.

This kid was 17 and on a trip back to see his grandparents. He was very stupid but it is appalling that an illegitimate junta has kept him in prison for years without trial. He is an Irish citizen and the notion that demonstrating in favour of democracy negates that is ludicrous.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Ah here the sooner this tramp is sentenced to real jail time for his crimes the better it will be for everyone.

what crimes. and how would it be better for everyone
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    Why would any normal person travel to a country to break the laws of that country

well, because that country deserves to have its laws broken. any country which treats its citizens like **** deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

FactCheck wrote: »
    People do understand that he was protesting in favour of the democratically elected government, that had been deposed by military coup, yeah?

I don't like the Muslim Brotherhood one bit. I wouldn't vote for them in an election. But in a free and fair and legitimate election (despite the army's best efforts to rig election boxes) the majority of the Egyptian people voted for them.

And then army seized back the control they'd had over the country for decades.

Say what you like about the Muslim Brotherhood, they were the government and a damn sight better than a military fcuking coup.

This kid was 17 and on a trip back to see his grandparents. He was very stupid but it is appalling that an illegitimate junta has kept him in prison for years without trial. He is an Irish citizen and the notion that demonstrating in favour of democracy negates that is ludicrous.

he was given the opportunity to leave and decided not to. how can you help somebody that doesnt want to be helped? he is also an egyptian citizen. he is not entitled to consular assistance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement