Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ahhh Well I dont have it as it was all taken down off Youtube with the help of the Halawa family solicitor ............
    You've some source that (a) it was there and (b) that was taken down?

I'm amazed that a still picture was taken from it has not been circulated, and that its taken this long for pictorial evidence to be mentioned.
    At the end of the day all(..................)see Jihad Jane down here in Waterford.

So the Waterford fundamentalists and burkha wearers you seem so taken aback by aren't actually going go rioting now or any time in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Nodin wrote: »
    You've some source that (a) it was there and (b) that was taken down?

I'm amazed that a still picture was taken from it has not been circulated, and that its taken this long for pictorial evidence to be mentioned.

So the Waterford fundamentalists and burkha wearers you seem so taken aback by aren't actually going go rioting now or any time in the future?

Mark Humphries has it I am told.
    As for your last statement ..... just give them time ... see England. I would also love to hear some women opinion on this young fellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

At the end of the day all that really matters is what an Egyptian Judge thinks and he has probably being reminded who his father is and how much fun the prison guards are having with him.

I can only conclude from this that you attach no value to justice or the rule of law. Otherwise you would be screaming to get him out.

More to the point, do you think this is how any justice system should function?

Mark Humphries has it I am told..

Then can you link to it please.
    As for your last statement ..... just give them time ... see England.

First you imply they are a danger, then you say the exact opposite, now you imply the first again. Which is it please?

Calina wrote: »
    I can only conclude from this that you attach no value to justice or the rule of law. Otherwise you would be screaming to get him out.

More to the point, do you think this is how any justice system should function?

I live in a first world democracy and I thank God every day for that in Ireland. The difference being is he is an Egyptian Citizen in Egypt, his own country. If was it the other way around where a prominent Boston Senators niece went loopers on a plane and endangered 100's of lives and the plane had to be put down in Shannon. I would certainly not welcome an Americans Senators thoughts on the matter.

The Matter is an Egyptian one, other than care packages, the business card of a local solicitor and two big thumbs up from the local ambassador, we dont owe this guy anything. His Egyptian passport in Egypt superceedes his Irish one. He has been disrepectfult to the DoFA who are working hard for him.

It is not for me to judge the Egyptian Justice system as I do not live there and I do not live in the shadow of ISIS and the Muslim brotherhood. It is their country and they are free to run it as they see fit. I would still heed the DoFA warning and not travel there as I would love to see Egypt. I am content with the presumption of innocence in Ireland and with the Justice system we have at the momonet as opposed to Sharia law rather than the presumption of guilt. Yes there are things I would like to change gradually but none I feel compelled to pick up a gun for.

At the end of the day all that really matters is what an Egyptian Judge thinks and he has probably being reminded who his father is and how much fun the prison guards are having with him.
    It is not for me to judge the Egyptian Justice system as I do not live there

You are judging it and rather negatively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

Morpheus wrote: »
    look the lads irish. full stop. he could burn the bible, the constitution and the flag, publically renounce his citizenship, but legally he would still be irish.

this isnt about his citizenship. its deeper.

questions need to be answered:
    1. what was he doing out there in the first place?
    2. does he support the muslim brotherhood and by extension forcible implementation of sharia law on a religiously and ethnically diverse population?
    3. if yes , does this mean he does not recognise his home countrys democratic laws and government?

The problem is (and I could be wrong but the prevailing evidence already indicates) that the answers to those questions are:
    1) He was agitating for the Muslim Brotherhood.
    2) Yes.
    3) No. He's a traitor and a subversive, like the rest of his family.

You are judging it and rather negatively.

Well you see, I didnt go down to Egypt and start thinking I could take over the shop.

[HTML]http://markhumphrys.com/Twitter/330.png[/HTML]

SeanW wrote: »
    The problem is (and I could be wrong but the prevailing evidence already indicates) that the answers to those questions are:
    2) Yes.

Once again ...... an Egyptian home grown problem and their responsibilty to deal with it. The Riots in Egypt had nothing to do with him. Sort of like James Dwyer from Tipperary. Infact he should be very grateful he is still alive (Halawa).

• Advertisement

Well you see, I didnt go down to Egypt and start thinking I could take over the shop.

I'm not saying you did. I am merely pointing out that your posts are inconsistent and make no sense. The rule of law actually matters and it is one of the key reasons that the military ousted Morsi at the time - he was ignoring the place of the judiciary with respect to legal changes.

I also pointed out that you claimed not to judge the Egyptian legal system but in fact, you were judging it, and negatively. It is absolutely irrelevant whether you went to Egypt or not in the context of whether you judged the legal system or not.

First you imply they are a danger, then you say the exact opposite, now you imply the first again. Which is it please?

Unfortunately I can't as it has been removed...... why did they feel they needed to remove his (Halawaas) Youtube videos? Probably because People like me might see something they were offended by?

Oh just give the little darling times ....... They are disorganised? That was not my opion that was Jihad janes...... lovely people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Whilst the Mark Humphries watermark will doubtlessly cause some noses to be turned up,his blog remains,so far,the source of most information on the current Halawa issue.

The viewing & translation of the longest of the Protest Video's does make for interesting perusal....for many reasons...

http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html#video

http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html#translation

( For those who might not wish to align with Mr Humphries views,the video remains available on U-Tube...for now https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=362&v=-cn09s-Fq5s )

Most interestingly,in the entire family's case,it firmly establishes the voluntary nature of their presence at the protests,long after they could have made their excuses and left the scene.
    [5:35] My name is Ebraheem Halawa and I am from Ireland. I am in the first year at University and I am here since one month ago. I came directly from Ireland to Rabaa and I was there at the Republican Guard massacre and I got two birdshot wounds, and it did not stop me.
    [10:33] My name is Omaima Halawa and I came from Ireland to stand with my people, with my brothers and sisters. We will bring democracy back, Please Allah!
    [11:44] My name is Somaia from Ireland. And I came here in March to settle down in Egypt because I thought Egypt brought democracy and I believed I would live in Egypt in pride and dignity. After the coup I was looking for a job and did two interviews. And I decided to stop looking for work until we defeat the coup and bring democracy back.

Additionally,Mr Humphrey's collation of the Facebook postings do indicate a far longer and more focused Halawa family presence at the protests...and most definitely flatly contradict the later assertions of the Family being targeted because they were Irish.

http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html#facebook

The material is out there and can,of course,be contradicted or challenged...:)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I'm not saying you did. I am merely pointing out that your posts are inconsistent and make no sense. The rule of law actually matters and it is one of the key reasons that the military ousted Morsi at the time - he was ignoring the place of the judiciary with respect to legal changes.

I also pointed out that you claimed not to judge the Egyptian legal system but in fact, you were judging it, and negatively. It is absolutely irrelevant whether you went to Egypt or not in the context of whether you judged the legal system or not.

The rule of Law is different in Egypt than it is in Ireland. I am fine with that but I would not like to be in Egypt and find myself at odds with the law of the land there. I actually have great time for the Egyptian military and feel they are in a difficult position and have to show a firm hand to muslim extremists. I dont judge it, I observe it. It is a difficult system in a difficult political climate.

This guy went and immersed himself down there in the polotical rally of 10k people. It would be foolish to think that the Halawa family came to Ireland because they wanted to be proffessional GAA players. They were plain and simple jumped before they were shoved.

Can someone please explain why someone who recieved two Bird shot wounds? (Presuming these are shotgun wounds used by riot police in front line demonstrations) would not leave the country to seek medical attention?

And why the sisters skipped bail if they were innocent of starting a riot

Unfortunately I can't as it has been removed...... why did they feel they needed to remove his (Halawaas) Youtube videos?

Where is the evidence that (a)it was there and (b) it was removed?

Why has nobody referred to visual evidence of Halawa with a gun unt5il now?

Oh just give the little darling times ....... They are disorganised? That was not my opion that was Jihad janes...... lovely people

"Jihad Jane" was a chronic alcoholic with mental issues, so I'll take her opinion with a lot of salt.

So, are you retracting your statement that Waterford is filled with people wearing Burkas and fundamentalists?

• Advertisement

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Whilst the (................) or challenged...:)

So the video is the same that has been posted numerous times, has not been reoved and does not show halawa holding a gun.

Skooter must be referring to another video.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Duzzer

The halawas must love this thread. Only for this thread and some individuals the world would think halawa was a young lad on his holidays who got harshly locked up for a misdemeanour.

Where is the evidence that (a)it was there and (b) it was removed?

Why has nobody referred to visual evidence of Halawa with a gun unt5il now?

"Jihad Jane" was a chronic alcoholic with mental issues, so I'll take her opinion with a lot of salt.

So, are you retracting your statement that Waterford is filled with people wearing Burkas and fundamentalists?

Well he was arrested in the minarret tower. Well if it was taken down then it was removed, hence it is not there now. The more they try to cover things up the more it looks like they had stuff to hide.

The gun refers to the sniper in the minerette tower where he was.

As for Waterford ...... come down and make your own Judgement.

Duzzer wrote: »
    ...............who got harshly locked up for a misdemeanour.

He was only buying postcards and he had no idea any of this was going on!!!

So the video is the same that has been posted numerous times, has not been reoved and does not show halawa holding a gun.

Skooter must be referring to another video.

No idea what Skooterblue is referring to.

I never heard of Ibrahim Halawa being in possession of a Gun,nor,as far as I know,is it one of the charges laid against him...?

One of the reasons for referring to the Humphries blog is to challenge the later claims of the Halawa sisters in particular,that their involvement was largely accidental or incidental to their "Family Holiday".

Whether one is for or agin this gentleman,that decision should be made after accquainting one's self with as many FACTS as can be ascertained.

The statements and postings of the Halawa children,in the aftermath of the arrests and freeing of the girls,have been shown to be less than truthful in their accounts of how & why they came to be involved in the protest.

The continuing lack of communication from Hussein Halawa,both as Imam of the Clonskeagh Mosque AND as Father of the accused also promotes unhelpful speculation on the broader issues.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Advertisement

I never heard of Ibrahim Halawa being in possession of a Gun,nor,as far as I know,is it one of the charges laid against him...?

Well if they were in the tower and sniping from the tower and when the police broke into the tower .... guess what the last thing you would want to be holding in your hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

How did I miss what was being said?

Only beating myself up because I was so angry.

We all have underlying prejudices of some description. So what? Just get over it.

This is a Western nation, not a satellite nation of the Middle East. So the home truth is, this is Ireland, not Beirut.

Ireland is Ireland and our culture and history is different to both the Middle East and the typical Western nation. We should not be a satellite nation of a Western power, an Eastern power or whatever. Or either should any nation.
    The Muslim and MB position is a definite position of political, religious, and cultural intransigence.

It is not just Muslims who have this opinion but many groups. In the end, all people have rights.

I do not know where the start and finish line should be.

However, with Muslims, it seems that we should always adapt to their beliefs. This is political correctness gone awry. All other groups and ethnicities have more or less managed to adapt to the Irish way of life.

Why are we supposed to follow like sheep without question the current, very hardline fascist version of Islam that the wealthy oil producers esp. Saudi Arabia are pumping billions to promote? There are many other much more moderate forms of Islam but these have been crowded out by the constant hardliners from Saudi Arabia.
    I have absolutely no respect for Dr Ali Selim. He is in the wrong country. Deport him to Aleppo or Tehran. I do not care if he Is Sunni, or Shia. I don't even know. His values are not in this country, but in some other place. The same with the Halawas.

Ali Selim is a horrid individual who pretends to be a moderate but in fact is anything of the kind. His pro-Hijab attitude shows where he belongs on the Islamic spectrum: he favours fascist Islamic doctrine and crushes moderate Islamic doctrine every chance he gets. I bet he is paid well by the Saudis!

Tehran does not need more of these types. Up until 1979, the history of Iran could have ended up different. But war happened and the hardliners took advantage and set up a fascist state based on a war emergency status. Iran's people are in general lovely and their regime, especially the 1980s version, is an insult to a great country and people. Selim belongs nowhere apart from hell and even the poor devil may get my sympathy: he would probably tell him you even got Satanism all wrong!
    We need a secular constitution, that is the only answer. Blasphemy needs to be removed our societal conscience.

There are many moderate Muslims who are only concerned with keeping their heads down and making a living.

These Muslims are the greatest problem. They do not protest against the Halawas or Selims. They are afraid of being Irish.

Yes. True. The Fascist 'Islamic' rulers worldwide put the fear of god into their subjects. Today's Iran is about the only country with some debate. The moderate government would love to do more to remove voodoofascism from the constitution but the peasant-dominated Revolutionary Guards, who use it to keep them and their elite in power and the people afraid, are not going to allow it. But other places are much worse. Saudi Arabia does not even have any form of debate. And its poisonous fascist interpretations of Islam are the cause of all problems.
    There is a disparity of values. East is east. West is West. Get our of the East. Get into the West. Or why did you come here?

I have absolutely nothing against Muslims. I just need them to get with the Irish programme. Or even the democratic concept.

We don't need Islamists, and blinded left-wing, or even right-wing, fascists. We need a secular nation that respects all values.

100% true. Islam and so-called 'Islamism' (fascism dressed up as 'Islam') needs to be differentiated. It is like all hardline politics: designed to take the rights from the people and put wealth into the hands of a few. Like Khmer Rougeism, Stalinism, Nazism, etc. All horrid ideologies. Does not matter if they are left or right wing.
    I had a loan of a guide-dog recently and went to pick-up a take-away. 'Get out of my restaurant - you cannot bring that dog in here. (I was only at the front door). What chance is there for anybody in situations like this?

This is Ireland. We are closer to Boston than we are to Bonn (sorry Merkel, and Hogan) or Beirut.

I have often observed that we are 10 or 15 years behind other nations with regards to trends, which gives us the opportunity to see the mistakes that have occurred elsewhere. The UK is in mess with regards to it's social identity along with several other EU nations.

We have the opportunity to learn from the mistakes of others. Otherwise going into the future, we will repeat the mistakes of the present.

Precedents need to be set. And the Halawas are setting the wrong example for a country that spent 600 years throwing off the shackles of Protestantism (which I think we are finally coming to terms with - so no need for a new problem).

If we accept the Halawa situation, then we might as well accept all the other Muslim cr*p in the world which we just don't need. Leave that in the ME.

As a western nation we have to live our priorities, our needs, our values.

Adapt to these, or adapt elsewhere.

This not bigotry. If you can't adapt to long established Irish values, then that is bigotry.

I am unsure of the Halawa situation but it seems that they are radicalised enough. I cannot judge the whole Egypt situation. Were the military right to take down Morsi's regime? Morsi did not seem to be too bad on the outside but could he have been a stepping stone for much more hardline figures to gain power? I have Iranian friends who say that the biggest mistake in 1979 was that the army didn't take over after Pahlavi left. Similarly to Egypt, the first manifestations of post Shah Iran was actually 3 moderate shortlived governments that all were manipulated by more hardline forces. Ultimately, this lead to such damaging events as the hostage crisis, the Iran Iraq war, and wartime emergency legislation that took rights from the people. What should have happened: the military should have taken over, gave Khomeini his Qom Vatican state, disbanded the Revolutionary Guards by force if necessary, and then set up free and fair elections in a secular nation. What should Iran look like now? Something like secular Italy with the Vatican: Iran and Qom. Ironically, Iran remains the best hope of a proper Middle Eastern democracy emerging. Its current government hopefully can continue to push for change, improving relations with the world and thus taking away cultural bans and the like based on paranoia. Egypt on the other hand remains better as a military dictatorship when one considers what happened to Libya, Syria and Iraq in recent times.

Ireland is Ireland and our culture and history is different to both the Middle East and the typical Western nation. We should not be a satellite nation of a Western power, an Eastern power or whatever. Or either should any nation......

..........I have Iranian friends who say that the biggest mistake in 1979 was that the army didn't take over after Pahlavi left. Similarly to Egypt, the first manifestations of post Shah Iran was actually 3 moderate shortlived governments that all were manipulated by more hardline forces. Ultimately, this lead to such damaging events as the hostage crisis, the Iran Iraq war, and wartime emergency legislation that took rights from the people. What should have happened: the military should have taken over, gave Khomeini his Qom Vatican state, disbanded the Revolutionary Guards by force if necessary, and then set up free and fair elections in a secular nation. What should Iran look like now? Something like secular Italy with the Vatican: Iran and Qom. Ironically, Iran remains the best hope of a proper Middle Eastern democracy emerging. Its current government hopefully can continue to push for change, improving relations with the world and thus taking away cultural bans and the like based on paranoia. Egypt on the other hand remains better as a military dictatorship whenone considers what happened to Libya, Syria and Iraq in recent times.

Great post....but that last sentence will stick in a couple of gullets round here....;)

I suggest that most,if not all,of the issues which have arisen between Islam and the West have their genus in the manner in which the West handled the fall of the Pahlavi dynasty...not it's greatest ever foreign policy moment ?

Great post....but that last sentence will stick in a couple of gullets round here....;)

I suggest that most,if not all,of the issues which have arisen between Islam and the West have their genus in the manner in which the West handled the fall of the Pahlavi dynasty...not it's greatest ever foreign policy moment ?

Very true. I think this is the case. That plus the support for anti-USSR militia in Afghanistan.

I could never understand 2 things about the Iranian 'revolution': firstly, why the Pahlavis threw in the towel so quickly and secondly how such a backwardsy militia took control of a relatively rich country. Clearly, it was all allowed and secretly supported because it created instability for the USSR.

Pahlavi was getting to be independent by the 1970s and Iran had a very good chance of becoming a superpower or at least the richest Asian country along with Japan at the time.

The powers that be did not want that and thus the US and USSR even considered the new regime, largely incompetent, inexperienced, weak and divided, to suit their agenda. Pahlavi had vision, intelligence and ability whereas the new regime had weakness, incompetence, inexperience, and division. Add in the war with Iraq, and suddenly Iran the rich potential superpower was gone.

Afghanistan played out the same. Though never a rich country, it was moderate and on the right path until it descended in so-called 'holy' war.

Events in both inspired others to try to implement and export their revolution. Less and less noble as they went along. Compared to today's guys, the worst of 1979 Iran's Revolutionary Guards were absolute saints. Al Qaeda, ISIS, etc. are all the end result of an increasingly militant crowd who exploited the perceived weakness of both US and Soviet responses.

As said, Iran's military should have taken over, given Qom to Khomeini, hammered out some sort of settlement with a representative government for all and finally crushed the Revolutionary Guard upstarts. Other people who ended up as prominent politicians in Iran should have been blocked. Ironically, many of these then hardliners have turned full circle today into moderate anti-'Islamism' people! Saddam's Iraq would not have invaded and all the emergency legislation excuses to implement repressive laws would not have allowed fascists get their way. Some Iranian politicians were so fascist that even Khomeini opposed them and Khomeini interestingly enough originally stood up to the hostage takers but then showed weakness later by capitulating to them. Once more, this was a signal of weakness for fascists to exploit.

Well he was arrested in the minarret tower. Well if it was taken down then it was removed, hence it is not there now. The more they try to cover things up the more it looks like they had stuff to hide.

The gun refers to the sniper in the minerette tower where he was.

As for Waterford ...... come down and make your own Judgement.

So there was no video of him holding a gun at all?

Is there a reason, other than your fear of imminent jihad in Waterford, for you making up these falsehoods and not admitting it straight away?

One of the reasons for referring to the Humphrey's blog is to challenge the later claims of the Halawa sisters in particular,that their involvement was largely accidental or incidental to their "Family Holiday".

I'd stand in a bucket of shite to get clean quicker than turn to that particular source for anything, save perhaps some comedy gold, tbh.

I'd stand in a bucket of shite to get clean quicker than turn to that particular source for anything, save perhaps some comedy gold, tbh.

Indeed,and in the Halawa case,the comedy appears to get more golden by the hour....;)

please do elaborate which parts of his page annoy you? Is it the Shinnerbot bit? the one that says they are all cozy and had fuzzy wuzzy feeling for Nazi? Loads of books on this

was it that the Irish left supports the Muslim Brotherhood? they have stated their position?

How can you support Gay marriage and want young Halawa to come home when they have been offering "free flying lessons" to gay young men in Cairo off the top of buinding without the unnessary use of planes?

Which part do you have problems with MR Humperies?

Indeed,and in the Halawa case,the comedy appears to get more golden by the hour....;)

"I was buying Postcards"
    "I got me two bird shot wounds and I hung around"
    "I got hit 22 times by rubber Bullets"
    "I was on holiday"
    "I was buying post cards"
    "I wasnt in the tower"
    "I did it to save women and children"
    "I am Irish returning to Egypt"
    "I am Egyptian living in Ireland"
    "This is an Islamic matter"
    "The Irish government is ignoring us"
    "The minister isnt doing enough"
    "I am on hunger strike"
    "I wanna go home and go to school I swear I will be a good boy"
    "I smuggled this letter out in my ass"

"Where is Daddy?"
    They completely denied they violated a donkey.... where does it end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

SeanW wrote: »
    2) Yes.
    he's not a traitor at all. just a young gullible idiot

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement

please do elaborate which parts of his page annoy you? Is it the Shinnerbot bit? the one that says they are all cozy and had fuzzy wuzzy feeling for Nazi? Loads of books on this

was it that the Irish left supports the Muslim Brotherhood? they have stated their position?

How can you support Gay marriage and want young Halawa to come home when they have been offering "free flying lessons" to gay young men in Cairo off the top of buinding without the unnessary use of planes?

humphries is a rabel rouser and nothing more. if his blog was a physical newspaper i wouldn't wipe my arse with it

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

humphries is a rabel rouser and nothing more. if his blog was a physical newspaper i wouldn't wipe my arse with it

Which parts do you have specific problems with?

he's not a traitor at all. just a young gullible idiot

Ease up on the Idiot bit he did get into UCD and on the Engineering course so he must have some intelligence.
    If he tore up his passport then he is a traitor
    But he is Gullible if he thinks he can crap on the Authorities in cairo and all the old boys his father upset and not expect there to be repercussions and consquences/

Whilst the Mark Humphries watermark will doubtlessly cause some noses to be turned up,his blog remains,so far,the source of most information on the current Halawa issue.

The viewing & translation of the longest of the Protest Video's does make for interesting perusal....for many reasons...

http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html#video

http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html#translation

( For those who might not wish to align with Mr Humphries views,the video remains available on U-Tube...for now https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=362&v=-cn09s-Fq5s )

Most interestingly,in the entire family's case,it firmly establishes the voluntary nature of their presence at the protests,long after they could have made their excuses and left the scene.

Additionally,Mr Humphrey's collation of the Facebook postings do indicate a far longer and more focused Halawa family presence at the protests...and most definitely flatly contradict the later assertions of the Family being targeted because they were Irish.

http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html#facebook

The material is out there and can,of course,be contradicted or challenged...:)

Not a fan of Mr Humphrys. His one-sided type of blogging infuriates one. But admittedly what he says for the most part about terrorists and fascist Middle East regimes are for the most part right. But he does not condemn other fascists and warmongerers like Bush, Netanyahu, etc. and admit how much the Iraq war contributed to 'Islamic' and Arab fascism. Or how the West supported various 'Islamic' fascists past and present including Saudi Arabia, the Afghan Mujahedin (that morphed into the Taliban and al Qaeda) and so on. Humphrys I read is a teacher and researcher at DCU and probably has access to funding from neocon US and rightwing Israeli sources. Hence the condemnation of some and not others.

What we are seeing in the Middle East today (ISIS, al Qaeda, Israeli aggression, Hamas) is 100% evil. NONE of these are interested in peace or lasting settlements. Instead, ALL are locked into an unending cycle of hatred and violence. And the arms industry are encouraging it every step of the way of course!

Egypt and the whole Halawa thing is tricky. As said, most Iranian friends I know regret the army did not take over at the first signs of the early post-Shah governments lack of ability to control bullying militias and out of control 'students'. Early Islamic Republic of Iran premiers like Bazargan of 'Elvis-haired' Bani Sadr looked and were moderate but could not control the tidal wave of chaos and mayhem that was forming into its own army and state within a state. Egypt's military saw the same thing happening: Morsi was grand but they could see the IB and perhaps al Qaeda impeach him much like the RGs and their Islamic Republic Party front impeached Bani Sadr and replaced him with their own. Basically, Ali Khamenei and his cohorts who have controlled Iran from 1981 to date. Ironically, Khamenei himself has moderated somewhat since then and has faced down hardline threats to his own rule in recent years bringing things full circle.

Another important thing to note: Iran, even lead by its worst 1980s lineup, was always rational and acted with reason. There was no design to annihilate the entire non-Muslim world. The threat in Egypt is much different. IB is a relatively moderate organisation but could it weather the storm of hardline forces like Egyptian Islamic Jihad (Zawahiri's organisation and obviously a wing of al Qaeda) and indeed ISIS and mainstream al Qaeda? If the initial Iranian revolutionaries were engulfed by the militias of the hardline religious right (and remember there were diverse nationalists and communists here too as well as Islamists ranging from moderate to hardline), then the less inclusive Egyptian revolution could easily slide to an ISIS-style state that would among other things murder tourists, target shipping, support ISIS, and next things yet another Arab v Israel war would happen.

I know it is far from perfect, but these countries are better off run by the military for the foreseeable as it keeps worse at bay. ISIS, al Qaeda and others are only waiting for a chance to take over large areas of the Arab World and Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I don't know whose worse the people who think he is a terrorist traitor or those who blame an entire gvt for having a corrupt legal system. Both sides seem to be suggesting the whole lot of them are rotten. I happen to think those against this guy are less anti Egyptian and less Islamaphobic than those crying out for his innocence.

Ease up on the Idiot bit he did get into UCD and on the Engineering course so he must have some intelligence.
    If he tore up his passport then he is a traitor
    But he is Gullible if he thinks he can crap on the Authorities in cairo and all the old boys his father upset and not expect there to be repercussions and consquences/
    he can't be held responsible for the authorities using him to get back at his dad. the fact the authorities over there are using him to get back at his dad says more about them then him

he can't be held responsible for the authorities using him to get back at his dad. the fact the authorities over there are using him to get back at his dad says more about them then him

yeah but he did run towards danger... its probably best that we dont allow element like that to be weeded out by Darwinism. Imagine if they had offspring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

Another: “how profoundly & morally decent I am” post to add to the other 35,000 posts of vomit inducing computer-server power wasting, laughable, useless posts.

I have to say, regarding MB fanatic Ibrahim Halawa, I find it stomach churning to listen to a cheerleader for the provos campaign of mass murder (of their fellow countrymen) in NI who after 30 years of hindsight & ‘maturity’ still thinks it was the only way to respond to those circumstances. How f**cking morally repugnant (only my opinion – not that morals ever came into the chimp-brain, gangster provo mindset).

Well, the provos and their cheerleaders were really only ever about ‘giving it’ to ‘the man’, weren't they! . Lots of individual child hood anger. Lots of righteous indignation. The provo's – what are they but pathetic, sad, inadequate child-men. But VERY angry. Angry, Angry. Oh Yes, VERY angry. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Snooze fest.com.....………………………...

So terrorist supporters in the 2010’s now style themselves as internet social justice warriors. (Puke, vomit, puke, vomit, puke) * 100,000.

Watching Nodin educate the low-hanging fruit bigots or novices on After Hours (or elsewhere on boards) is about as useful as watching an adult teach a 2 year old how not to burn themselves in a fire once;
    then again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again;

such pathetic sh1t. Such pathetic, tears-inducing sh1t. But I suppose it’s one way to get to 35,000 posts.

Who gives a flying, microwaved f**ck what you think about Humphrys blog or any blog on the internet for that matter?

We'll say all of it, just to keep things concise. There's enough of this kind of guff from various US hot-air merchants without a home-grown poor imitation.

Now, where were we? O yes, you were making things up. Why?

• Advertisement

130Kph wrote: »
    (....................)sts.

Who gives a flying, microwaved f**ck what you think about Humphrys blog or any blog on the internet for that matter?

Evidently you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

Evidently you do.

standard empty 30 character response (seen it multiple times as a lurker). Can you discuss the points raised?

We'll say all of it, just to keep things concise. There's enough of this kind of guff from various US hot-air merchants without a home-grown poor imitation.

Now, where were we? O yes, you were making things up. Why?

So,as the video and translated soundtrack are false because they are on Humphries blog...or is there another compelling reason to dismiss them ?

So,as the video and translated soundtrack are false because they are on Humphries blog...or is there another compelling reason to dismiss them ?

The video doesn't show what skooter claimed. The question is now why skooter made the claim in the first place.

As for yer mans blog, it's fairly irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I suspect my showing some scorn for the man prompted skooters last post, made in an attempt to divert from his evident fibbing.

Ahhhh I am still lost how you can still believe in people like the Halawas when their lies have been exposed time and time again.....

The video doesn't show what skooter claimed. The question is now why skooter made the claim in the first place.

As for yer mans blog, it's fairly irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I suspect my showing some scorn for the man prompted skooters last post, made in an attempt to divert from his evident fibbing.

Skooters shooter ( :) ) element was always his,and his alone.

I can't recall any other poster raising an issue about Mr Halawa's use of firearms ?

Humphries blog may well be irrelevant in your mind,however the clip and translation referenced therein,do remain relevant to the greater Halawa issue,much of which is indeed about fibbing.

• Advertisement

Ahhhh I am still lost how you can still believe in people like the Halawas when their lies have been exposed time and time again.....

You implied he picked up a gun. I asked for some evidence and you referenced a video. When asked to link to this video, you stated that it had been taken down because of halawas lawyers. Eventually you admit that there was no video showing him with a gun. You thus (1) effectively lied about him picking up a gun (2) lied about there being a video of this (3) lied about the fictional video being taken down. Why?

You implied he picked up a gun. I asked for some evidence and you referenced a video. When asked to link to this video, you stated that it had been taken down because of halawas lawyers. Eventually you admit that there was no video showing him with a gun. You thus (1) effectively lied about him picking up a gun (2) lied about there being a video of this (3) lied about the fictional video being taken down. Why?

Have the Halawa sisters been shown to be economic with the truth when referenced these video's and translations of their speeches ?

Why ?

Have the Halawa sisters been shown to be economic with the truth when referenced these video's and translations of their speeches ?

Why ?

Beats me. They could be secret satan worshippers for all the odds it makes regards the brothers charges.

Why ?

Its sort of an elephant in the room. Considering the time passed and will pass before Young Master Halawa gets to trial All the evidence will have dissappeared. Its going to be about 10 years from now before he gets tried at the present rate of 6 every 6 weeks. At least if he is getting lonelyhe can go over and have a cuddle with the Muslim brother in the corner who is starting to look sort of hunky after 3 years. At least he will be a virgin when he marries...... none of that females lust to distract him from Allah

Beats me. They could be secret satan worshippers for all the odds it makes regards the brothers charges.

Maybe he wanted to get into jail like Mickey McGuire in Shameless.... all those carme hot bodies getting sweaty in a confinded space like that.... there are bound to be Torrid romances..... You notice in the Halwaw videos.... no girls apart from his sisters seem to notice him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement