Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

100% certifiably the most nonsense post ever written on this, or any other Internet forum. Hilarious. Eotr has officially jumped the shark.
    not at all. low rent gutter trash rags are not good for sources.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The Daily Mail is something you never use as a source.
    low rent, gutter trash, and the rest. anything it writes isn't true until a more credible source picks up the story

Ah right....I never knew that...Thanks for the heads-up.

But where do we turn so..?

The Irish Independent is out...as is the Irish Times for many others.....is the (UK) Independent ok or The Telegraph ?

I used to get a great deal out of the Morning Star many years ago,but I think circulation dropped to the single figures and it went kaput..

So...end of the road...where exactly do we,The People, go for our informative articles,which contribute to our better understanding of the World ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

BREAKING: Ibrahim Halawa is reported missing.

http://www.free-ibrahim.com/

^^Not actually breaking

April 14, 2015
    Message from Fatima Halawa
    Taken from Fatima Halawa's facebook

"My mom goes to visit Ibrahim after the Embassy had informed us last week that he has been moved. Only to find out that her son is not their. That he is missing!!
    The prison official's first inform her that he is their. Then a half hour later after all the prisoners have meet with their families they tell her that he is not their. Then they say that she will meet him BUT from behind a wired bar, then they keep her waiting for over an hour long, only to finally tell that her child is not their!!

It's almost been 2 weeks since Mom last saw Ibrahim. That is 2 weeks without any food nor drink nor a spare clean clothes!! but most important nor the comfort of seeing you family even if it's for that split of a second. These visit are like your connection with the real world. It's becomes your only way of escape. Your window to freedom. Your hope, your everything!!
    Ibrahim is now missing and we have no notion on where his abouts is. Please continue to keep him in your prayers(Dua'as)
    @EndaKennyTD @CharlieFlanagan isn't time you acted??!! Have you made the call?? Do you not want your citizen back home??
    An Irish prisoner of your is missing what will you do about that now??"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Ah right....I never knew that...Thanks for the heads-up.

But where do we turn so..?

The Irish Independent is out...as is the Irish Times for many others.....is the (UK) Independent ok or The Telegraph ?

I used to get a great deal out of the Morning Star many years ago,but I think circulation dropped to the single figures and it went kaput..

So...end of the road...where exactly do we,The People, go for our informative articles,which contribute to our better understanding of the World ?

From eotr.....otherwise its gutter trash or rabel rabel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭SummerSummit

bjork wrote: »
    Have you made the call?? Do you not want your citizen back home??

Ughh the country and the government has bent over backwards for this terrorist.

• Advertisement

Ughh the country and the government has bent over backwards for this terrorist.
    what "terrorist" . . being of a different skin colour and religion isn't evidence, nor does it make 1 automatically a terrorist

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

^^Not actually breaking

April 14, 2015

"My mom goes to visit Ibrahim after the Embassy had informed us last week that he has been moved. Only to find out that her son is not their. That he is missing!!
    The prison official's first inform her that he is their. Then a half hour later after all the prisoners have meet with their families they tell her that he is not their. Then they say that she will meet him BUT from behind a wired bar, then they keep her waiting for over an hour long, only to finally tell that her child is not their!!

It's almost been 2 weeks since Mom last saw Ibrahim. That is 2 weeks without any food nor drink nor a spare clean clothes!! but most important nor the comfort of seeing you family even if it's for that split of a second. These visit are like your connection with the real world. It's becomes your only way of escape. Your window to freedom. Your hope, your everything!!
    Ibrahim is now missing and we have no notion on where his abouts is. Please continue to keep him in your prayers(Dua'as)
    @EndaKennyTD @CharlieFlanagan isn't time you acted??!! Have you made the call?? Do you not want your citizen back home??

If he's dependant on them for food, drink and laundry you'd think they would visit more often

I see they are having a pop again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »
    If he's dependant on them for food, drink and laundry you'd think they would visit more often

I see they are having a pop again

Actually just realised the post from them is almost a month ago, so is he missing or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Stheno wrote: »
    Actually just realised the post from them is almost a month ago, so is he missing or not?

I presume he was found? It doesn't update, but there doesn't appear to be any sort of campaign to find him

Either that or he got so skinny, he slipped out through the bars?? or the guards couldn't see him becasue he was standing sideways ?:pac:

I presume he was found? It doesn't update, but there doesn't appear to be any sort of campaign to find him

Either that or he got so skinny, he slipped out through the bars? :pac:

Must have been wasn't he in court a week or so later?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Either that or he got so skinny, he slipped out through the bars?? or the guards couldn't see him becasue he was standing sideways ?:pac:

Well he is not going to do a Columbia 3 job... they wont let him because of Daddy. I would say he was just playing hide and seek in the cell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

what "terrorist" . . being of a different skin colour and religion isn't evidence, nor does it make 1 automatically a terrorist
    You are absolutely right - being a different skin colour or religion does mot make one a terrorist.

Being a Muslim Brotherhood agitator does though. That's what people like me have a problem with.

SeanW wrote: »
    You are absolutely right - being a different skin colour or religion does mot make one a terrorist.

Being a Muslim Brotherhood agitator does though. That's what people like me have a problem with.

well, as he wasn't one, but rather a naive young man, then there is no problem apart from him being in jail and facing a murder charge with 400 others that has no chance of a fair outcome

^^Not actually breaking

April 14, 2015

" Have you made the call?? Do you not want your citizen back home??

Well if he made it home then he is alright and if he is dead then I am sure he made it to heaven with his 70 virgins. Oh and he isnt Irish ... and really we arent all that bothered. If we can get some 300 thread Egyptian cotton sheets then you can keep Mr Halawa in exchange and for a whole bed set you can have the whole family back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

well, as he wasn't one, but rather a naive young man,
    The two are not mutually exclusive. All the evidence indicate this "naive young man" is an Islamofascist, like the rest of his family.

Oh and he isnt Irish
    oh yes he is irish

well, as he wasn't one, but rather a naive young man, then there is no problem apart from him being in jail and facing a murder charge with 400 others that has no chance of a fair outcome

If he was a naive young man by the time he gets out he will have a full education on the removal of human rights and the abolution facilities in second world remand facilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Who else is naive young men? Should all young terrorists be called naughty and told behave?

Who else is naive young men? Should all young terrorists be called naughty and told behave?
    no evidence he is a terrorist. a little gullible "up da revolution" type speach isn't proof of being a terrorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭SummerSummit

WTF man. You have zero debating skills.

• Advertisement

WTF man. You have zero debating skills.

so you have no proof he's not a terrorist then?. grand so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

no evidence he is a terrorist. a little gullible "up da revolution" type speach isn't proof of being a terrorist

Quite,however thats exactly what Mr Halawa's speech was NOT,instead he chose to further excite and inflame the already well tended crowd,as did his sisters.

At this point nobody is saying it proves anything in relation to Ibraham Hawala,even the Egyptian authorities,who are keen to see him placed before a Court to decide this issue.

It's worth noting that this same Court system granted his equally voluble sisters Bail,but he decided to stand and fight his case instead.

Bring it on then...surely ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭MorpheusKnight

Here's a link to the new Egyptian Ambassador's perspective on the situation.

The sisters skipped bail. He was offered a special deal and should have taken it etc etc

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/egypt-rules-out-special-treatment-for-irish-teenager-31211355.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Are we still bothering with him?

Jester252 wrote: »
    Are we still bothering with him?
    yes, the government is still dealing with one of its citizens. i'm sure you can write a letter or protest if you have a problem with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It is a tricky situation. Most likely, this person was just all talk like someone singing up da RA here.

BUT so-called 'Islamism' is such a grave threat and is an ideology that treats everyone ranging from the USA to Iran as its enemy thus making it the world's biggest threat at present. Egypt is the birthplace of one of this movement's top leaders, Zawahiri, and I can understand well why they are paranoid.

Ideally, Egypt should be a moderate democracy with separation of church and state. But the conditions there are anything but ideal. A military dictatorship is the preferable option to a Taliban style state or a chaotic civil war. Egypt is preferable to Libya or Syria anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭MorpheusKnight

It is a tricky situation. Most likely, this person was just all talk like someone singing up da RA here.

BUT so-called 'Islamism' is such a grave threat and is an ideology that treats everyone ranging from the USA to Iran as its enemy thus making it the world's biggest threat at present.

Therein lies the question.

Is Halawa an Irish Muslim ?

Or an

Irish Islamist ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Hmmmm.... Saying it's a bit of up the ra revolutionary naivety type thing. Its a major leap to standing in front of tens of thousands of Muslim brotherhood supporters making speeches about revolution. That doesn't happen to someone on a sun holiday, doing a bit of shopping at a market, and then ending up on a stage making political speeches? Really? That happens?

Who is being naive?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

yes, the government is still dealing with one of its citizens. i'm sure you can write a letter or protest if you have a problem with that.

Face it EOTR. The majority of the Irish public couldn't give a kunt's hair about this zealot family and whatever Irish documentation they hold. The Egyptian government are dealing with one their citizens. :D

• Advertisement

BUT so-called 'Islamism' is such a grave threat and is an ideology that treats everyone ranging from the USA to Iran as its enemy thus making it the world's biggest threat at present.

Therein lies the question.

Is Halawa an Irish Muslim ?

Or an

Irish Islamist ?

That's precisely it. The so-called political movement of 'Islamism' is also much more broad than we are lead to believe. There are peaceful and moderate branches of 'Islamism' as well as the more famous al Qaedas and ISISs. And what does one call a Muslim who opposes a regime but not under a religious banner?

With regard to Egypt: the current military regime does not tolerate any form of religious opposition. Morsi was elected president 3 years back only to be ousted a year later. Overall, he was a moderate and his government was nothing like al Qaeda, Taliban or ISIS. BUT the fear was that Morsi's moderate Islamic government could open the doors for a Taliban-style state down the road. Whether this would happen or not was not a chance the Egyptian army were leaving to chance.

emo72 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... Saying it's a bit of up the ra revolutionary naivety type thing. Its a major leap to standing in front of tens of thousands of Muslim brotherhood supporters making speeches about revolution. That doesn't happen to someone on a sun holiday, doing a bit of shopping at a market, and then ending up on a stage making political speeches? Really? That happens?

Who is being naive?
    how and why couldn't it happen. just because we wouldn't be stupid enough to do it doesn't mean others wouldn't be naive enough. strangely enough everyone is different

Face it EOTR. The majority of the Irish public couldn't give a kunt's hair about this zealot family and whatever Irish documentation they hold. The Egyptian government are dealing with one their citizens.
    i couldn't care a less whether the irish public care about him or not. i'm just glad its not having any baring on the irish government doing its duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

how and why couldn't it happen. just because we wouldn't be stupid enough to do it doesn't mean others wouldn't be naive enough. strangely enough everyone is different

There was a guy who lived in the middle east about 2000 years ago. Amazingly he got caught up in an alien space ship that crash landed on earth. He survived that and ended up on stage in front of a group of people who mistakenly thought he was the messiah. He wasn't the messiah he was just a naughty boy.

This story is on a par with the halawa story. Just as believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

That's precisely it. The so-called political movement of 'Islamism' is also much more broad than we are lead to believe. There are peaceful and moderate branches of 'Islamism' as well as the more famous al Qaedas and ISISs. And what does one call a Muslim who opposes a regime but not under a religious banner?

With regard to Egypt: the current military regime does not tolerate any form of religious opposition. Morsi was elected president 3 years back only to be ousted a year later. Overall, he was a moderate and his government was nothing like al Qaeda, Taliban or ISIS. BUT the fear was that Morsi's moderate Islamic government could open the doors for a Taliban-style state down the road. Whether this would happen or not was not a chance the Egyptian army were leaving to chance.

Religion has no place in the governance of a democratic country, there is also the Coptic Egyptians to consider who under Islam have been discriminated against and suffered outright violent sectarianism.
    Morsi's no more a moderate than bin laden. The MB is the progenitor of modern radical Islam with a history of plots and assassinations against the Egyptian state.

emo72 wrote: »
    There was a guy who lived in the middle east about 2000 years ago. Amazingly he got caught up in an alien space ship that crash landed on earth. He survived that and ended up on stage in front of a group of people who mistakenly thought he was the messiah. He wasn't the messiah he was just a naughty boy.

This story is on a par with the halawa story. Just as believable.

the halawa story is actually believable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

He's the Forrest Gump of Radical Islam, he wound up giving a vitriolic speech front in front of a crowd of MB supporters by serendipity.

i couldn't care a less whether the irish public care about him or not. i'm just glad its not having any baring on the irish government doing its duty

The government doesn't have a duty to dual nationals facing prosecution abroad. It was a courtesy.
    the halawa story is actually believable.

You have no actual rebuttal then ?

He's the Forrest Gump of Radical Islam, he wound up giving a vitriolic speech front in front of a crowd of MB supporters by serendipity.

He has a few Forrest Gumps defending him too it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

nokia69 wrote: »
    maybe he should have stayed at "home" in ireland and none of this would have happened

I wonder why he went to egypt in the first place

I googled his fathers name he seems to have some interesting friends

Whatever he did and whoever his Dad's friends are, he deserves humane treatment in custody and a speedy, fair trial. That's called Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I wonder would the useful fools crying tears of blood over this odious zealot be as concerned about protecting the human rights of an indigenous Irish man picked up in the Alabama for campaigning on behalf of the Ku Klux Klan.

Have to laugh at the hand wringers wailing that the Irish government have done nothing for this disgusting Islamist because he happens to be a brown Muslim when, in fact, they have gone well beyond the call of duty for this misogynist, sectarian, homophobe and done far more for him than any other Irish citizen incarcerated abroad precisely because he happens to be a brown Muslim and this government, like most Western institutions, are more concerned with avoiding accusations of "racism" than with justice or with defending this nation and our ideals.

Irregardless of this fifth columnist's creed or colour, the fact remains he and his poisonous ideology are a danger to our democracy. The ideology of Islamism is the greatest existential threat facing the West since Fascism. This individual has proven himself to be an eager agent of this ideology. We, our way of life and our democracy are all much safer with him rotting in a country his ideals have already torn to pieces.

Long may decent people in Egypt take the necessary steps to save their ancient culture from religious barbarism. It's about time Europe started to defend itself from this global cancer of Islamism with the same vigour.

• Advertisement

Religion has no place in the governance of a democratic country, there is also the Coptic Egyptians to consider who under Islam have been discriminated against and suffered outright violent sectarianism.
    Morsi's no more a moderate than bin laden. The MB is the progenitor of modern radical Islam with a history of plots and assassinations against the Egyptian state.

That's precisely it and explains the reasoning of the Egyptian state.

The MB have had a very violent and radical past. Al Qaeda and other movements were born in part out of it. Where else would the odious Dr Zawahiri learn his tricks from? The assassination of Sadat was perhaps their biggest 'achievement' to date.

In recent times, they have gone out of their way to market themselves as moderate and distanced themselves from al Qaeda and the like. BUT this was perhaps a ploy for a 'gentle' takeover.

The traditional ideology of MB and al Qaeda are very similar. MB has been banned in most if not all Arab countries for years. It was involved in all acts of terrorism in Egypt from the 1920s to the 1980s. But had made steps to improve its image of late.

The big question is what would have happened if Morsi remained in power? 1 year into his reign, he was stopped in his tracks. While he did not alter much in the first year, he may or may not have eventually intended to implement a Taliban style 'Sharia' state by gradually consolidating power. Morsi had many hidden hardline views actually but did not show these. The MB's first mission was to gain power: the 'Islamisation' of Egypt was probably down the line a bit once they had gained complete control. And even if the MB had truly moderated, the prospect of them opening the door for al Qaeda and ISIS also was very very possible. Egypt has a history of militant 'Islamism' and is the home of it. There is huge support for it but the population is split down the middle between those who want it and those who don't. An Egypt lead by a radical regime would not be pretty and in nobody's interests. They would and could use the Suez canal as a weapon and also could stir things up with Israel and provide a valuable link between ISIS and their North and West African allies like AQIM and Boko Haram.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Oh, we know you don't care about what the public think. You like to pick and choose when and where democracy applies.

In Northern Ireland, you want a United Ireland regardless of how the people would vote in a referendum.

In Egypt, you're championing the election of Muslim Brotherhood member Morsi, despite the man attempting to establish himself as a dictator by granting himself unlimited powers.

I don't there is anyone else on here who contradicts themselves more than you do.

That's precisely it and explains the reasoning of the Egyptian state.

The MB have had a very violent and radical past. Al Qaeda and other movements were born in part out of it. Where else would the odious Dr Zawahiri learn his tricks from? The assassination of Sadat was perhaps their biggest 'achievement' to date.

In recent times, they have gone out of their way to market themselves as moderate and distanced themselves from al Qaeda and the like. BUT this was perhaps a ploy for a 'gentle' takeover.

The traditional ideology of MB and al Qaeda are very similar. MB has been banned in most if not all Arab countries for years. It was involved in all acts of terrorism in Egypt from the 1920s to the 1980s. But had made steps to improve its image of late.

The big question is what would have happened if Morsi remained in power? 1 year into his reign, he was stopped in his tracks. While he did not alter much in the first year, he may or may not have eventually intended to implement a Taliban style 'Sharia' state by gradually consolidating power. Morsi had many hidden hardline views actually but did not show these. The MB's first mission was to gain power: the 'Islamisation' of Egypt was probably down the line a bit once they had gained complete control. And even if the MB had truly moderated, the prospect of them opening the door for al Qaeda and ISIS also was very very possible. Egypt has a history of militant 'Islamism' and is the home of it. There is huge support for it but the population is split down the middle between those who want it and those who don't. An Egypt lead by a radical regime would not be pretty and in nobody's interests. They would and could use the Suez canal as a weapon and also could stir things up with Israel and provide a valuable link between ISIS and their North and West African allies like AQIM and Boko Haram.

I dont even want to think of the consequences of ISIS having a landbridge from the Arabian Peninsula to North Africa. For the sake of diplomacy and International good will, I will happily allow Mr Halawa Junior be the little Dutch boy holding the Peace. Other European nations should adopt a similar practice "If you want to go to ISIS fine but dont come back, Passport NOT Valid for Europe".
    I think Mr Halawa is being very brave and I support him and Egypt I think he is making great efforts and I do hope the Egyptian Government get to him when they can ...... eventually. If anything We should be stepping up security and sending Advisors to Egypt. This thing needs to be nipped in the Bud and we need a serious review of who we give asylum to and if it is in our interest.

DeadHand wrote: »
    I wonder would the useful fools crying tears of blood over this odious zealot be as concerned about protecting the human rights of an indigenous Irish man picked up in the Alabama for campaigning on behalf of the Ku Klux Klan.

Have to laugh at the hand wringers wailing that the Irish government have done nothing for this disgusting Islamist because he happens to be a brown Muslim when, in fact, they have gone well beyond the call of duty for this misogynist, sectarian, homophobe and done far more for him than any other Irish citizen incarcerated abroad precisely because he happens to be a brown Muslim and this government, like most Western institutions, are more concerned with avoiding accusations of "racism" than with justice or with defending this nation and our ideals.

Irregardless of this fifth columnist's creed or colour, the fact remains he and his poisonous ideology are a danger to our democracy. The ideology of Islamism is the greatest existential threat facing the West since Fascism. This individual has proven himself to be an eager agent of this ideology. We, our way of life and our democracy are all much safer with him rotting in a country his ideals have already torn to pieces.

Long may decent people in Egypt take the necessary steps to save their ancient culture from religious barbarism. It's about time Europe started to defend itself from this global cancer of Islamism with the same vigour.

Egypt is best off under a strong military regime with a moderate and sensible outlook. Any form of 'democracy' there will be manipulated by so-called 'Islamists' who will either be the government or bring down a weak government. Taking a look at what's around it (Libya, Gaza, Syria) tells us why Egypt has to continue the way it is going. 'Islamism' has more to do with Nazism and other racist ideologies than it has to do with Islam and it has become more and more ambitious and violent in recent years.

DeadHand wrote: »

nobody is crying tears of blood over him. the only people crying tears of blood are the rabelers ranting about how our democracy is under threat from a few loonies when it isn't. the only democracies that are under threat are britain and america and possibly frances, and they are under threat from their own governments. i certainly believe in human rights for all so i would be concerned about the irish man picked up in Alabama if his human rights were being gone against. apart from his sisters who are stating things out of anger, nobody has stated that the Irish government have done nothing for this lad who isn't proven to be a "disgusting islamist" or a "misogynist, sectarian, homophobe" the only people wailing is the likes of yourself making claims left right and centre to try continue your bigoted racist agenda in general. they have done nothing more for this lad that they wouldn't do for someone else held against their will in an uncivilized dump facing trial with 400 others together for the same crime with no evidence. the fact he is a brown muslim is only an issue for those finding him guilty just because of that fact, its not for the irish government who clearly aren't bothered about being called racist. our nation and our ideals are well defended. we our democracy and our way of life would be perfectly fine with him here, it isn't under threat unless the government decide to turn on us.

Oh, we know you don't care about what the public think. You like to pick and choose when and where democracy applies.

i don't
    In Northern Ireland, you want a United Ireland regardless of how the people would vote in a referendum.

the people of the south, yes . a united ireland should happen whether they want it or not if the people of NI vote to join us as a united ireland is meant to be and must happen.
    In Egypt, you're championing the election of Muslim Brotherhood member Morsi, despite the man attempting to establish himself as a dictator by granting himself unlimited powers.

wrong. i'm not championing the MB, all though i do recognise they were democratically elected whereas the military junta which are more of the same forced their way in.
    I don't there is anyone else on here who contradicts themselves more than you do.

i don't contradict myself.

Egypt is best off under a strong military regime with a moderate and sensible outlook. 'Islamism' has more to do with Nazism and other racist ideologies than it has to do with Islam and it has become more and more ambitious and violent in recent years.

If you dont believe it then chck out the Grand Mufti during WW2. "Dont send Jews to Palestine send them to Poland". And Hitler thought he was an Alright Guy

I dont even want to think of the consequences of ISIS having a landbridge from the Arabian Peninsula to North Africa. For the sake of diplomacy and International good will, I will happily allow Mr Halawa Junior be the little Dutch boy holding the Peace. Other European nations should adopt a similar practice "If you want to go to ISIS fine but dont come back, Passport NOT Valid for Europe".

so you want to put the rest of the world at risk and for europe not to take responsibility for its citizens? remove these peoples passport and you condone their actions and you want these people to continue their operations in these countries and put other countries at risk while taking no responsibility for your problems.

I think Mr Halawa is being very brave and I support him and Egypt I think he is making great efforts and I do hope the Egyptian Government get to him when they can ...... eventually. If anything We should be stepping up security and sending Advisors to Egypt. This thing needs to be nipped in the Bud and we need a serious review of who we give asylum to and if it is in our interest.

it can't be nipped in the bud. its to late. the west has commited to much rape and slaughter in these countries and its biting us. tough ****

nobody is crying tears of blood over him. the only people crying tears of blood are the rabelers ranting about how our democracy is under threat from a few loonies when it isn't. the only democracies that are under threat are britain and america and possibly frances, his human rights were being gone against. apart from his sisters who are stating things out of anger, nobody has stated that the Irish government have done nothing for this lad who isn't proven to be a "disgusting islamist" or a "misogynist, sectarian, homophobe" the only people wailing is the likes of yourself making claims left right and centre to try continue your bigoted racist agenda in general.the fact he is a brown muslim is only an issue for those finding him guilty just because of that fact, its not for the irish government who clearly aren't bothered about being called racist. our nation and our ideals are well defended. we our democracy and our way of life would be perfectly fine with him here, it isn't under threat unless the government decide to turn on us.
    so you want to put the rest of the world at risk and for europe not to take responsibility for its citizens? remove these peoples passport and you condone their actions and you want these people to continue their operations in these countries and put other countries at risk while taking no responsibility for your problems.

it can't be nipped in the bud. its to late. the west has commited to much rape and slaughter in these countries and its biting us. tough ****

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Racist , agenda, rabel, d gubbermint, no it won't because I said so, condone random actions abroad, repeat ad nauseum. *insert inarticulate, incoherent nonsense here*

Just stop.

This "citizen" needs to take responsibility for his own actions. Oh by the way once this little turd comes home he want to put infidels (Christians, moderate muslims and Atheists) heads on pikes. If you are not comfortable with that do what I do and send him "two Thumbs up". Anyone would think twice if they thought it mean losing thier EU passport

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement