Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

Ireland is Signatory to it though.

doesn't matter as the government are doing what they can do so fair play to them for doing their duty

The sisters say otherwise and claimed that the Irish government are racist and islamophobic. Were they lying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Ireland is Signatory to it though.

Being signatory to a treaty only indicates an intention to ratify it. It doesn't give it any legal weight. And given that we haven't ratified it in the 80 years since, I can't see that changing any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The sisters say otherwise and claimed that the Irish government are racist and islamophobic. Were they lying?

they are simply sounding off

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

He probably told the guards in perfect Farsi how the Ambassador would have him out by tea time on the first week
    Thought that he was in Cairo not Tehran !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Their native home is here now. I suggest you come to terms with it

To directly contradict your statement regarding the Halawa family's "Native" home.

Referring to the translation of the Halawa's speeches to the Cairo protest rally,which remain freely available online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cn09s-Fq5s

http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html#translation
    [11:44] My name is Somaia from Ireland. And I came here in March to settle down in Egypt because I thought Egypt brought democracy and I believed I would live in Egypt in pride and dignity. After the coup I was looking for a job and did two interviews. And I decided to stop looking for work until we defeat the coup and bring democracy back. I would like to send a message to those who are watching us from home. Join us! Join us to bring democracy and defeat the coup! If you stay at home and something wrong happens to us here you are not going to have the calm life you are expecting. Then the regret will be useless. The Prophet said if somebody helps somebody to kill another even with a word, he will come on the day of judgement and written on his forehead will be 'he is desperate from the mercy of Allah', because silence means you agree that we should be killed. We think the PM and the government are responsible for the blood that will run tonight and also for the people who are mandated to fight us (the army). We expect their visit soon - anytime - but we trust in Allah to be with us. I swear to Allah we are not going to leave the square until we get back the dignity of all the Egyptians, whether they are with us or not! Keep standing in the square and the victory of Allah is coming soon!

Aside from the religious stuff,it cannot possibly be clearer that the Halawa Family consider Egypt as their "Native" Home.

If you have any substantive evidence to the opposite then well and good,but constantly repeating one's opinion,does NOT make that opinion FACTUAL.

It should also be noted that today's postponement is due to 16 of the defendants not being present for their trial.

This could indicate that the Egyptian Court takes the,not unreasonable view,that those defendants who were granted bail should therefore have returned for their trial ?

One could argue,that having secured bail in open Court,the Halawa sisters should,as a matter of honour respect the terms of their Bail and turn up for their trial.

This,I suggest,is a particularly important aspect to the Halawa's entire case,given their strident statements about Ireland's refusal to Honour,what they see as it's committments to citizens.

Yet again today,Minister Charlie Flanagan is left to remind those not totally hypnotized by the Halawa's slick PR,that Ibraham Halawa has now had 40 consular visits and,as ever,Irish Officials attended today's Court Proceedings in addition to Ibraham Halawa's own Legal team.

So,perhaps you will accept that myself and other posters have long-ago,"come to terms with" the reality of a politically motivated collection of activists attempting to denigrate the Government of,and the State which they claim as their adopted one.

Thus far,the Egyptian Courts procedures appear startlingly similar to our native system,which regularly sees postponements and assorted delays in order that justice is seen to be done.

All credit must be given to the Egyptian Courts for carrying out their business in the very manner which the Halawa Family allege is not possible in Egypt.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

they are simply sounding off

Young Halawa will be sounding off when Ishmael wants to play cuddles before bed. Then all the treaties in the world wont make a diference. Wait until young halawa gets home he is going to kick the sugar out of his father.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Thought that he was in Cairo not Tehran !

Thank you I mean arabic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Young Halawa will be sounding off when Ishmael wants to play cuddles before bed. Then all the treaties in the world wont make a diference. Wait until young halawa gets home he is going to kick the sugar out of his father.

Hopefully he is in a place that will become his home for a hell of a long time.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    One could argue,that having secured bail in open Court,the Halawa sisters should,as a matter of honour respect the terms of their Bail and turn up for their trial.

no . there are no terms to respect. they have no trial to turn up to.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement

After you have seen Orange is the new Black you would be surprised what will pass for prison Chique these days.

why. he is a young lad who just got caught up in something and acted the idiot by sounding off

no . there are no terms to respect. they have no trial to turn up to.

So if the sisters dont keep their bail agreement then why should Ibrihim be given bail considering he is a bigger flight risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Why. He is a young lad who just got caught up in something and acted the idiot by sounding off

This is incorrect.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

why. he is a young lad who just got caught up in something and acted the idiot by sounding off

If that is the case then Ted Bundy is just a guy who is unlucky in love

So if the sisters dont keep their bail agreement then why should Ibrihim be given bail considering he is a bigger flight risk
    he shouldn't be. he should be simply deported back to ireland.

Not at all. He will face trial and that's that.

He had that chance and he blew it. Now he will be paying for it for a long time yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭MorpheusKnight

He should serve his sentence like any criminal.

Hamas / MB may be loved by Sinn Fein, but we do not need them.

Let the problem stay in Egypt.

• Advertisement

Not at all. He will face trial and that's that.

Not a chance ... He wont see a court room for another 9 years. They are going to march him in and out. he will get 10-12 years in about 10 years time. maybe we should make him up a care package ..... a base ball glove and ball, some DVD's The great escape, escape to Victory, Stalag 13 and my favourite the Shaw shank redemption and a gimp mask like in Pulp fiction. I can just see him biting on that ball now....!!! Bring on the Gimp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Good news that this dangerous Islamist will not be allowed to peddle his hateful poison in this part of the world for a long time.

Ironic how the herd Left in this country demonise the likes of the Iona institute (which would deny homosexuals certain rights) while simultaneously lionising Halawi (who would have homosexuals tossed from the top of tall buildings).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I don't know what you are smoking but you seem to be in a little utopia of a world of your own. I'm not going to argue with you, there's no point,in my mind you are deluded( or your name is Halalawa). Either way he broke the law in HIS OWN COUNTRY, ( awaits EOTR mantra,"this is his country") so they can do what they like with him. Il even pull the lever for them if they want.

DeadHand wrote: »
    Good news that this dangerous Islamist will not be allowed to peddle his hateful poison in this part of the world for a long time.

Ironic how the herd Left in this country demonise the likes of the Iona institute (which would deny homosexuals certain rights) while simultaneously lionising Halawi (who would have homosexuals tossed from the top of tall buildings).

So the gay marriage thing would be foreign to these people?

Jaysus, gay marriage under Sharia law.

With this suicide belt, I thee wed.

I don't know what you are smoking but you seem to be in a little utopia of a world of your own. I'm not going to argue with you, there's no point,in my mind you are deluded( or your name is Halalawa). Either way he broke the law in HIS OWN COUNTRY, ( awaits EOTR mantra,"this is his country") so they can do what they like with him. Il even pull the lever for them if they want.

He just broke the law.

His country, or not, he broke the law.

Doesn't matter if he 'just a lad who got carried away' he still broke the law in the same way a boy racer does 120km/h on a 50km/h road.

How does the boy racer get away with it?

He doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

As far as I'm aware Irish law is the only law in the world that is right. No other government is legitimate if I remember. Has there been any clarification on why the Birth dates don't match with arrival ?

• Advertisement

Il even pull the lever for them if they want.

Feck off that is my job!!! I am getting that on jobsbridge

As far as I'm aware Irish law is the only law in the world that is right. No other government is legitimate if I remember. Has there been any clarification on why the Birth dates don't match with arrival ?

Also, media publications must be approved by certain posters on the information will not be accepted as fact.

Just brain twaddle.

O'Gorman of Amnesty Ireland was an impassioned speaker for gay rights and marriage equality. I see he is back supporting this Muslim Brotherhood member again.

Square that fcuking circle.

He should serve his sentence like any criminal.

Hamas / MB may be loved by Sinn Fein, but we do not need them.

Let the problem stay in Egypt.
    he is not a criminal. he is not guilty of anything bar being stupid. he is innocent.

O'Gorman of Amnesty Ireland was an impassioned speaker for gay rights and marriage equality. I see he is back supporting this Muslim Brotherhood member again.

Has amnesty lost it's way?

Have human rights lost their way?

A case in England where a serial rapist could not be deported because he was also an alcoholic. So to deport him to his home country where alcohol is illegal would be a breach of a breach of his human rights.

• Advertisement

Also, media publications must be approved by certain posters on the information will not be accepted as fact.

Just brain twaddle.

Well to be fair there are enough people who have not drank the kool aid. But still many many SJW kicking around trying to reconcile support for gay rights and supporting a particular religion in their minds. It's very odd mental gymnastics. People high fiving themselves over how tolerant they are without thinking about it.

he's not a dangerous islamist. just a stupid gullible young man

he is not a criminal. he is not guilty of anything bar being stupid. he is innocent.

He was stupid enough to not obey the law.

Not leave the mosque when directed.

There is only so much stupidity that governments will tolerate.

he broke no law. any law that stops people from protesting has no legitimacy and should be gone against always. ireland is his country. he was born here, grew up here, irish through and through

he's not a dangerous islamist. just a stupid gullible young man

How does one get to speak in front of thousands of people at a rally ?

A case in England where a serial rapist could not be deported because he was also an alcoholic. So to deport him to his home country where alcohol is illegal would be a breach of a breach of his human rights.

Yes, some Eritrean lad. Surely the best place for him would be his home country where the pint is banned. Best way to go cold turkey.

Well to be fair there are enough people who have not drank the kool aid. But still many many SJW kicking around trying to reconcile support for gay rights and supporting a particular religion in their minds. It's very odd mental gymnastics. People high fiving themselves over how tolerant they are without thinking about it.

Yep, Sinn Fein and Hamas may have difficulty agreeing on a wide range of things in modern Ireland.

he isn't a muslim brotherhood member though.

he broke no law. any law that stops people from protesting has no legitimacy and should be gone against always. ireland is his country. he was born here, grew up here, irish through and through

Birth dates don't match.

better that and have the human rights acts then the removal of the acts and the government over there gets to remove all civil liberties and freedoms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

he isn't a muslim brotherhood member though.

How do you know?

How does one get to speak in front of thousands of people at a rally ?

He got lost on his way back to his hotel after going for a camel ride on the beach and a 99 cone.

He was stupid enough to not obey the law.

Not leave the mosque when directed.

There is only so much stupidity that governments will tolerate.
    he couldn't leave as the military were going to slaughter all left inside once all foreigners left

FACT: He broke the law.

FACT: Ireland is his country? IT DOESN'T MATTER because he broke the law.

FACT: He IS stupid proven by the fact that he see the MB as a socio-political movement that he wants the world to embrace.

better that and have the human rights acts then the removal of the acts and the government over there gets to remove all civil liberties and freedoms

The MB represent the implosion of democracy.

They do not embrace democracy.

he couldn't leave as the military were going to slaughter all left inside once all foreigners left

No the Military were protecting everyone inside from the locals that did not like what happened in the area and wanted retribution. Anyone got a list of none Egyptian citizens that were in the mosque ?

Ah yes, 'the streets will run with blood'.

The MB on political opposition.

The MB represent the implosion of democracy.

They do not embrace democracy.
    i never said they did. however either way it doesn't change it that all governments would like to remove civil liberties if they could to ensure the people always comply and never question

No the Military were protecting everyone inside from the locals that did not like what happened in the area and wanted retribution. Anyone got a list of none Egyptian citizens that were in the mosque ?
    the military were not protecting anyone from anyone

• Advertisement

i never said they did. however either way it doesn't change it that all governments would like to remove civil liberties if they could to ensure the people always comply and never question

He still broke the law.

FACT

And you are still defending a criminal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement