Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Q1 paper 2

Options
  • 06-04-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I'm doing business (HL) for my junior cert in June and we still haven't learned how to to Daybooks (Book of First Entry, Ledger and Trial Balances). This question appears every year in question 1 paper two so I really want to learn how to do it properly. Could anyone send me some links to websites or YouTube tutorials if they know of them which deal with this question as I cant find any myself. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

You can see how to do them in the marking schemes (http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=en&sc=ep). In the Junior Cert, I'm going to do every accounting question except for Q1 P2 as I find it the hardest. I find the trading, profit + loss accounts/balance sheets a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Your teacher might purposely not be covering it cause it's considered the hardest one on the paper! You might be aswell off just perfecting the other questions that can come up on paper 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I never understood this thing about this question being regarded the toughest on the paper. Once you understand the basic principles of double entry it's quite easy. Every debit has a credit and all that stuff. And as for it taking up a lot of time I managed to do mine in 20 mins for the JC and it worked out. I got an A in business quite easily without doing much study so I might be an exception to the rule rather than the rule.

Advertisement