Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 World Grand Prix

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Tonights bet :)

Wade highest checkout & 11+ 180s MVG/Bunting at about 2.5/1.

Should be 2 great matches, I reckon 1st will be a belter. Big test for Bunting against MVG, I think he'll give him a decent game but expect MVG to kick into gear mid/late game and take it home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭statto25

Fantastic win for Wade. Showed great determination to get back in after going two sets down. The same man wouldn't have had the nerve 12 months ago to do the same. Delighted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anderson just can't put a full game together in the latter parts of tournaments. Good win for Wade but Anderson really should have seen it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The crowd seems to be really behind James Wade? I've always liked him since I started watching darts 3/4 years ago, wasn't sure if he was universally popular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

really enjoyed being at my first grand prix event last thursday night

roll on the premier league in march in the 3 arena

• Advertisement

The crowd seems to be really behind James Wade? I've always liked him since I started watching darts 3/4 years ago, wasn't sure if he was universally popular

If anything I would say James is universally unpopular, which I've never understood.

He seems to get a hard time with people saying he's arrogant/cocky but he's never come across to me like that, quite the opposite in fact. Always thought he was funny in interviews but maybe people took his self criticism as over cockiness. As I said I've never understood it, when at same time another young player(Lewis) who I do see as arrogant & unsporting got loads of support.

Think tonight's final is gonna be a great game. I can see MVG winning but being pushed by Wade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

its about to start now

John Part's commentating has been great this week, very funny at times.

I miss John Gywn(sp?) who I see is on eurosports for the BDO yesterday. I don't get why or how Mardle is there, that fella does my head in! Complete over reactions and nonsense but suppose thats perfect for sly sports lol

1-0 Wade

MvG levels it up 1-1

2 each! Good game, both could stick it up another level yet

• Advertisement

wade misses 3 at double ten MvG takes out 110 and leads 3-2

3-2 MVG now. Ya'd be close to putting your house on Wade to be 3-2 with 3 darts in hand to hit d10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Great stuff from Wade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cracking final this, so much better than last year

The crowd is poor. So many empty seats. Sky cameramen doing their best not to show them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

The crowd is poor. So many empty seats. Sky cameramen doing their best not to show them
    I was there fri night. And even though there was a decent crowd. The crowd on the floor were very boring to be fair. Up on the balcony. Was a lot better atmosphere.

4-3 MVG oh deary me wade

Cant blame people for not forking out for this, only match after all. Even moreso considering last years fiasco of a final

Should look at having the semi's and final on the Saturday imo but Sky probably block it

I was there fri night. And even though there was a decent crowd. The crowd on the floor were very boring to be fair. Up on the balcony. Was a lot better atmosphere.

Did you sing 'boring boring tables' at them? :rolleyes:

KevIRL wrote: »
    Cant blame people for not forking out for this, only match after all. Even moreso considering last years fiasco of a final

Should look at having the semi's and final on the Saturday imo but Sky probably block it

Good idea in principle. Works well in the premier league but they would have to shorten the matches

• Advertisement

Well played MvG, very good final, pity it didnt go a deciding set. Wade a deserved runner up and could be argued he is the real winner out of the weekend.

Good idea in principle. Works well in the premier league but they would have to shorten the matches

Ya they would have to be a bit creative for sure, perhaps even starting at 6. But need to take a look at it. Currently the best night to go to is the Friday with 4 quarter finals. But like I said, probably not even a runner due to Sky wanting an event on the Sunday night of whats always an international soccer weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Any official reason giving for reducing the final to Best of 9 from Best of 11.

Final night must be the worst value ticket of the week, you get guaranteed 16 sets in the first round, then min 12 sets in the second round, again min 12 sets in the quarter finals on a usually great Friday night card.

Great interview Wade

Slightly off topic but big credit must go to Sky Presenter Dave Clark. What an inspiration. Suffering from Parkinson's disease and still giving everything to the darts. What a legend.

Great final, fair play to both players but especially Wade. He played better darts this week than he has done for a long time. Hope thats him back playing like this consistently because he's good enough to give everyone a game. MVG just had too much in the end, rode his luck with Wade missing some crucial doubles but got there in the end. He's awesome on his top form.

LOL Its amazing, people complain when theres too much from the crowd and again when its too quiet or boring :D I'm all for a bit of rowdiness aslong as its not ott(eg prem league Belfast people throwing plastic pints...not 100% if always beer in there :eek: not been hit lol) but I think now the players come to expect it. A bit of booing is just a laugh when your there, both players get it but immediately cheer if they hit their shot, I hate when people shout out, in the quiet, when a players throwing for a big shot/double.

Great tournament! Pity its over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Sami23

Devastator wrote: »
    Great final, fair play to both players but especially Wade.

LOL Its amazing, people complain when theres too much from the crowd and again when its too quiet or boring :D I'm all for a bit of rowdiness aslong as its not ott(eg prem league Belfast people throwing plastic pints...not 100% if always beer in there :eek: not been hit lol) but I think now the players come to expect it. A bit of booing is just a laugh when your there, both players get it but immediately cheer if they hit their shot, I hate when people shout out, in the quiet, when a players throwing for a big shot/double.

Great tournament! Pity its over :(

Well said, I was there on Friday nite n fair enough some of people at the tables were a bit boring but plenty at them made lots of noise and had a great night. (myself included) so it's a bit unfair to brand all tables boring which a previous poster did.
    I thought atmosphere was unreal anyway

I would love to get down to the grand prix sometime but its a real expensive night(s) out from Belfast lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Hey guys,

2015 Grand Prix thread is open here so I'm gonna close this one. I've moved most recent posts to the new thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement