Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent-to-buy Drogheda

Options
  • 06-04-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi All ,

not sure where to post this , me and my husband our looking at rent to buy in drogheda , just wondering does anybody know anyone doing this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

Where are you thinking of in Drogheda. We are currently in the process of buying in Dublin and are planning to rent our house with a view to sell in a year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭pbody1985

Jen44 wrote: »
    Where are you thinking of in Drogheda. We are currently in the process of buying in Dublin and are planning to rent our house with a view to sell in a year or so

Hi Jen sorry only seeing this now

Is this,still an option ??? What is,the area on drogheda your selling ??

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

Its a three bed semi in Cedarfield. I sent you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Rent-to-Buy as an idea just hasn't worked in this country.

Do not hand over any money (not even a deposit) until you speak to your own solicitor (not one recommended by the vendor / their agents).

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Rent to buy does NOT work... I have just moved from my rent to buy house as the banks wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

Every month our "rent" was paying principle off the home but the banks wouldn't accept this as our savings that ran alongside paying our rent weren't substantial enough.

I explained ed to the BM that the rent woukd be replaced with the mortgage , at a lower rate per month but still they wouldn't budge also the asking on the house was way over valuation figure.

I lived in a house currently worth around 130 and was locked into a purchase contract of 170 - my 2 year rent of circa 20k...so would need a mortgage of around 150ish. 20k over the banks valuation...

The only person winning in that circumstance was the builder who didn't have an empty house the last 2 years and now has a house in turn key condition with fantastic finishes. That is on the market for 130 currently

• Advertisement
Advertisement