Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you only watch WWE from January to April every year?

• 06-04-2014 9:51pm
    Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭

Most years my inner 12 year old comes back to life when Rumble is on and thats me back watching WWE upto Mania, the Raw the night after and then my interest is either gone for another 8 months by the following week or it slowly dissipates over May until Rumble comes around again.

Is anyone else just a Mania Season fan of WWE?

Do you only watch WWE from January to April every year? 59 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No, I watch all year round
    11% 7 votes
    Other (Eg: "I only watch Mania" etc)
    88% 52 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I follow it all year round only buying the big 4 ppv's, and following the rest online or reading about it the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

watch it all year round, and suffer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I try to watch Raw every week and as many of the PPVs as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

D.Q wrote: »
    watch it all year round, and suffer.

Always have a renewed sense of optimism after a good PPV like last night,but it tends to almost always get dashed the next night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

I always keep up to date but my work situation determines whether I watch it live or just read or watch repeats or afterburn etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Used to be a huge fan up until about 2/3 years ago but watch less and less now a days.

Usually watch Mania, The Rumble & Summerslam, maybe the odd Raw, depends though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Used to watch consistently give or take, now I'll always peak interest between the Rumble and Mania, maybe again at summerslam. I dont care about missing raw these days unless something big happens, just read the results tbh and watch the good segments on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

bradlente wrote: »
    Always have a renewed sense of optimism after a good PPV like last night,but it tends to almost always get dashed the next night.

tonight will be unreal. Next week is back to the grind though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I watch the PPV's and Raw but considering how bad Raw has been lately I'm not even bothered with that anymore. Tonight's Raw is usually good but after that I likely wont bother with it anymore. Just the PPV's from then on.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I watch the PPV's and Raw but considering how bad Raw has been lately I'm not even bothered with that anymore. Tonight's Raw is usually good but after that I likely wont bother with it anymore. Just the PPV's from then on.

Sounds like a plan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Usually now just watch the rumble, mania, the few Raws after that leading up to and including extreme rules, and maybe summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Raw every week, NXT almost every week, occasionally Smackdown, all the PPVs. Maybe once a year or year and a half I hit a brick wall and step away for a few weeks.

I was doing Raw/Smackdown/NXT/Superstars/PPV and TNA Impact (+ PPVs) every week for a while a few years back. That had to stop. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Listen to podcasts all year round and keep up to date here. Watch Raw on delay very occasionally and normally the big PPV's.. Been that way for at least a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Generally just read about it on here and watch the big few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I read reports and stuff but only feel compelled to watch shows if I hear good things. I do watch a lot more from January onwards but I don't have the time to watch shows anyways. Usually just buy Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah I'll keep up with it and read results but only watch if I hear a big name has returned or something good has happened for the most part, stream most PPVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Watch Raw live most weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What the hell are people who don't watch much wrestling doing on a wrestling forum?

I don't mean that in a 'you're not welcome way' , instead a 'I don't understand' way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Early last year, I watched the odd PPV and then after last years Mania, I started to watch Raw. So have watched all Raws and PPVs for the past 12 months. I'm likely to ditch the Sky for the summer so that will mean a break from wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CSF wrote: »
    What the hell are people who don't watch much wrestling doing on a wrestling forum? I don't mean that in a 'you're not welcome way' , instead a 'I don't understand' way

If it's anything like myself it's in a "wanting to keep abreast in case there's something important" stance. Like I'd barely watch RAW, just PPVs really but I like to know what's happening on the other shows, iMPACT etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I watch a fair bit of old stuff and documentaries etc. and just keep up with what's going on at the moment. It's so bad a lot of the time I just can't be bothered.

I know a fair bit about Impact from Review an Impact despite never seeing a full TNA show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If it's anything like myself it's in a "wanting to keep abreast in case there's something important" stance. Like I'd barely watch RAW, just PPVs really but I like to know what's happening on the other shows, iMPACT etc..

Generally sums up my feelings on it as well. I ejoy reading about whats going on and all the "big events" that happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What the hell are people who don't watch much wrestling doing on a wrestling forum?

I don't mean that in a 'you're not welcome way' , instead a 'I don't understand' way

I haven't watched a full Raw in forever, usually skim the results and if a match is getting good word of mouth I'll watch it, just to keep up with whats happening. missing a ppv or show doesnt bother me anymore I'd usually keep up with the big ones like the Rumble or Summerslam alright but unless a B ppv gets great word of mouth I dont usually bother with them, might catch the odd match on dailymotion or something.

Lately I do find my interest being rekindled purely for the new talent being pushed, Cesaro is my favourite guy on the roster right now, The Shield are awesome, Bryan being champ is great, the Wyatts are class. The next few months are going to be very interesting and there's definitely a generation transition going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I tend to watch the Rumble, Mania and certain YouTube clips the day after Raw here and there. Rest of the time I'm on here just keeping up to date with things.

I used to be crazy in to it. Went to a few live WWE shows in Dublin, went to any local IWW shows that came up, had a subscription to WWE and Power Slam magazines. Had every book a pro wrestler had written. Even did my thesis in college on marketing in PW. After that it's like I got burned out. Didn't see a Mania between 21 and 28.

Went to a mates house for WM28 and enjoyed it again. And have been a casual fan since. I enjoy it more now that I'm less of a smark :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

I keep an eye on it throughout the year, but my interest peaks from the Rumble to Wrestlemania. Rumble was always my favourite ppv.

When younger I never had sky sports, so always tended to watch Smackdown instead (when it used to be on saturday/sunday mornings), and that's still the case now, if I watch a show, it's more likely to be smackdown over Raw, unless something especially interesting happens on Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

If WWE goes down the shi*ter with their main event angles post-Mania like they did last Sept-Jan I shall tune out and just watch the good matches when or where they occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

WWE =/= Wrestling as a whole.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    WWE =/= Wrestling as a whole.

Try telling that to Vince!

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Ive hung on a couple of weeks longer than usual this year. If I can stay awake for Extreme Rule that will be the true test for whether I'll hang around till Summer Slam or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Watch RAW every week and all PPV's, although this weeks RAW is the first this year that I turned off half way through because of the low quality of the show even by WWE's standards.

Advertisement