Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling locally

Options
  • 06-04-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    While on holiday i bought 20 pieces of necklaces. I planned to sell them on ebay but between envelopes and postage i will not make alot.

My question is could i try to sell them locally to a shop? I have zero experience with this, and have no idea how to even go about it? Do i need to worry about tax?, how do i approach the shop? Or am i being silly to even think selling locally?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gizump

Selling to a business locally doesn't need any experience. Just call in to a local shop and talk to them. Be honest with them, they'll know more about jewelry than you and you will make yourself look silly if you lie. Just remember they are making a living time is money so don't waste their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We get people coming in all the time with things. The retailer will want an invoice so if you do sell it like that you will want to declare it to the taxman might be more hassle than its worth really if you don't think you'll make much selling it on ebay I doubt you will get more selling it to a retailer. How much do you want for them and how much do you think a retailer could sell them for? If its just costume jewellery you will probably find its quite hard as that sort of thing is readily available for next to nothing.

Advertisement