Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds Best Cake (in Norway)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Looks good, I once lived with a Polish girl who made something similar (without weighing or measuring anything, and she cooked it in old biscuit tins!) but she made 2 separate cakes, only topped one with meringue, soaked the other one with limoncello and fruit juice (possibly pineapple?) as soon as it was baked... really just whacked it together, sounds disgusting but it was actually delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

That looks so good. I think I might like some curd or jam or something a little tart with it to cut through all the sweetness (I say like someone is just going to drop me round a cake and is asking for instructions) You have to love soft, chewy meringue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Like the idea of this, but almond isn't my thing. Might try it with lemon zest in the cake bit and a layer of nice sharp lemon curd under the cream.

Looks like the type of cake that needs to be eaten within a few hours of putting together too, rather than a keeper for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Had some family visiting from abroad and more local members round for dinner yesterday, made this cake and everyone was blown away!

Pics posted in I Like Cake thread!

Advertisement