Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance and economics or business and law

• 06-04-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I know I want to do a business course but not sure which one. I really like maths, accounting and business and am not sure which course to do. Any suggestions !! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Sam2334 wrote: »
    I know I want to do a business course but not sure which one. I really like maths, accounting and business and am not sure which course to do. Any suggestions !! :)

Do the degree with more quants, more job opportunities than a qualitative business degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

Not sure which one I'd like best though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Sam2334 wrote: »
    Not sure which one I'd like best though !

A job or not having a job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

if you can handle the maths do finance and economics as a major and do maths as minor.

IMHO 2nd yer was the hardest. you do econometrics, quantitative analysis etc.

3rd for me was the easiest probably because I knew and enjoed most of the modules thought.

It a good degree but if you want something quant based try nuig financial mathematics and economic or ucd finance and economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

Thanks and would a b2 in honours maths be sufficient for this course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Yeah, easily. I got a D1 and I'm getting on fine. 70% and 69% in econometrics and quants last year respectively. You just have to put the work in.

Advertisement