Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Match Thread 9/4/14 k/o 19.45 RTE2/Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The one thing I would've enjoyed about United winning would've been all the "German football is useless, no teams in semi finals." Threads. :P

I am dreading the pile of sh*te that will be served up if they are drawn against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

nullzero wrote: »
    Careful now

Wut?

Edit: On hindsight, think I get ya. Not what I meant, obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

ricero wrote: »
    Could be the last champions league night for a couple years for man u

No Sh1t

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

can rooney shoot anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Moyes got it spot on. His only problem was that they conceded so quickly after scoring and that his midfield lost their shape for five minutes after that goal and got too far forward.

°°°°°

Knex. wrote: »
    Wut?

United. Plane. Munich.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

No Sh1t

Dont think they will get top 4 even next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Wut?

Read back on your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bayern deserve a 4th. Played all the football against a team that parked the bus for 180 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

300k a week:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

5starpool wrote: »
    Give it a rest dude, please.

If utd could have held out for a few mins after going in front, who knows how it would have turned out.

Hah, as I was typing the above, Alan Parry said something very similar.

No you are right David Moyes is a football genius :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

United. Plane. Munich.

Yeah, had just edited my "Wut" post. Bit stupid of me not to specify and click with the whole game in Munich thing.

My bad. Think anyone who knows my posting style will know that's obviously not what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Moyes got it spot on. His only problem was that they conceded so quickly after scoring and that his midfield lost their shape for five minutes after that goal and got too far forward.

Well played Moyes:confused:

Yeah, had just edited my "Wut" post. Bit stupid of me not to specify and click with the whole game in Munich thing.

My bad. Think anyone who knows my posting style will know that's obviously not what I meant.

Still a very silly thing to post.

°°°°°

You're ok

Glazers Out!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Bayern deserve a 4th. Played all the football against a team that parked the bus for 180 minutes.

Have to agree. When you see the exciting style of football Manchester United have produced over the years and the negative tactics United have employed over these two ties it surely is curtains for Moyes. Hoping not mind :D

Can Man United score ? They always score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Have to agree. When you see the exciting style of football Manchester United have produced over the years and the negative tactics United have employed over these two ties it surely is curtains for Moyes. Hoping not mind :D

were you even watching the two games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Can Man United score ? They always score.

"Aaaaaaand Evra has lost it".

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Can Man United score ? They always USED TO score.

FYP

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Stop being so touchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Decent effort from Man U over the two legs in fairness. Wasn't the humiliation many were predicting.

They can head home now and get their end of season party underway.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Stop being so touchy.

I'm not just was saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

rooney is so bad

°°°°°

Oat23 wrote: »
    Stop being so touchy.

Touchy? Let's take the p1ss out of the Hillsborough tragedy or Heisel

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Decent effort from Man U over the two legs in fairness. Wasn't the humiliation many were predicting.

They can head home now and get their end of season party underway.

That style of football is humiliation.

Hope Moyes keeps his job for the 5 years of his contract. Goodnight folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Better team one on the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

dubmick wrote: »
    Some amount of Bayern fans on boards tonight

ncy8.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I mean, what can you say.

Yeah, Evra scored an amazing goal, and gave us 22 seconds of bliss....but his defense cost us the game tonight :/ Rooney was dreadful all night and shouldn't have lasted too far into the second half, but for some reason, Moyes refuses to take him off, taking off Welbeck who at least looked a bit dangerous. But then that sums up the season; doesn't matter how bad some players do, they are, for some reason, untouchable.

For all Moyes does to make us defensively sound, we sure let goals in quickly when the other team pushes; as soon as Bayern started playing, they put three past us with ease. The one thing Moyes tries to do, and he really can't. And if the plan is to defend half the night, steal a goal and try and sneak through...it might help if we actually defended after scoring.

Valencia and Welbeck did ok, and I say that as possibly their biggest critic. Jones did well, Smalling did ok. Kagawa had good moments. But just not good enough tonight.

Sums up our season though; a short glimmer of hope, followed rather quickly by utter destruction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Deserved win for Bayern. United had no reply once they finally clicked up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

Absolutely gutted after that, played very well to keep bayern at bay. That equiliser really knocked us out. I guess now we build towards next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Touchy? Let's take the p1ss out of the Hillsborough tragedy or Heisel

It's obvious that's not what Knex was going for. That'll be the end of this discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah the lads are back, missed this on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

edit: doesn't matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ah well. It was good up until the latter stages of the second half. We needed someone clinical to take any chance that came our way and Rooney was certainly not that man today. That chance wasted at 1-1 was a big one. Now, before (HAHA WE HAVE CL FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR U DONT TOP BANTER M8) Starts
    B77fx.gif

°°°°°

Deserved win for Bayern. United had no reply once they finally clicked.

Truth is united fell asleep after scoring. Had that not happened it would have been a different game. Evra has to be done at United now.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd be looking for Rooney to take a pay cut after that display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Enjoyed watching United today, brought back memories of Ireland under Trapattoni, alot of effort and organisation, alot to be admired

English teams (Chelsea aside) really seem to have had an inferiority complex this year in the CL

Now lets all pray that Bayern and Chelsea are kept apart in the semis.

Well tonight showed the two sides to Evra, great going forward, very suspect at the back. Bayern deserved it but individual mistakes made it easier for them.

Don't mind the WUM's lads, it's when they stop posting obvious wind up posts we should start to worry. Don't know why some people reply to some of the stuff posted in match threads, looks like it's written by 8 year olds on a fisher price keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

I'd be looking for Rooney to take a pay cut after that display.

He was injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm with Dunphy, I thought Bayern were shyte over the 2 legs. Maybe it's just a temporary dip in form, but they looked so much better last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Enjoyed watching United today, brought back memories of Ireland under Trapattoni, alot of effort and organisation, alot to be admired

English teams (Chelsea aside) really seem to have had an inferiority complex this year in the CL

FFS, they were against one of the best teams of all time and have come closer to knocking them out than any team in the last 2 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Evra's goal was outstanding. A game worthy of winning any game. Pity the concentration fell apart so quickly.

Not the greatest game really though.

Think 90 minutes for Rooney was mad given the injury to his foot/toe. Not his finest performance.

statto25 wrote: »
    He was injured

Then why play him? If he's there, he's there. Thought 90 minutes for him was a bit much though in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Reality Check:

Evra scored what is one of the best ever European goals I've seen United score, but then he was appalling in the build to all 3 Bayern goals.

He barely challenged Maddzukic for the header.
    He stood far too much off Robben for the second (Robben ffs)
    Robben skipped past him like he wasnt even there for the third.

He scored but I think we'd have been better off without him. Congrats to Bayern, Im not a fan of Guardiola's style but all the best to them.

I'm with Dunphy, I thought Bayern were shyte over the 2 legs. Maybe it's just a temporary dip in form, but they looked so much better last year.

They were easy to play against. If Chelsea get them in the draw, they'll beat them. Mourinho's Chelsea have the discipline and expertise to do what Moyes attempted to do over the two legs successfully and it will be a dreadful, dreadful tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The world class rooney was great again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Better effort from United than most expected. If they had a World class player up front to put away those two big chances it could have been a different story, although Bayern always looked like they had a few gears to step up if they needed to.

• Advertisement

"If I were a long time Man U fan I would be depressed"

Sure Bill.... "If". ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement