Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain this credit card statement

Options
  • 07-04-2014 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

My statement below lists tranactions and payments since 5/12/13. That's as far back as the online statement goes. I pay off the balance in full each month.

A count of the credit and debit columns shows that I have used €1400.93 credit including stamp duty, have paid back €2024, and have a debit balance of €142.95. Does this look like an error of some sort or is it actually correct? Probably missing something blindingly obvious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Is there no running balance column?

We need to see your opening balance as at 5 December 2013 to see if the debits match the credits. I suspect there was a running balance as at this date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

ppshay wrote: »
    ...Probably missing something blindingly obvious....
    You are - well obvious to somebody who is used to looking at such things. There is a lag between your spending and the dirct debit that pays for it.

Take, for example, your spending from 31/12/13 to 14/01/14: 4 transactions, total value €651.76. Where else do you see that figure? Yes, in the DD on 20/02/14, a month later.

The DD on 23/12/13 relates to spending that was done earlier than the period covered by the statement.

Is it starting to make sense to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Thanks for the replies, and simple explanation!

Advertisement