Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Charges on Batteries Only from China

Options
  • 07-04-2014 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Been a while since i was here :)

I gave my sister 2 batteries and a tank to help her get started with vaping. Which means me and my mother need extra batteries. As it turns out, my sister did something and hers exploded, so she now needs batteries and a charger. She's staying with her boyfriend's family for the weekend and showed off her new kit, so they'd like one too. Posted the site on facebook for them to take a look at kits and lo and behold, my best friend jumped on the battery and charger train.

Last time we ordered from China, we were charged import duties because i ordered a measly 30ML juice along with other batteries and laynards and holders.
    Was on the import charges calculator site and says i'm allowed to import lithium batteries worth up to €150 before being charged. Can someone confirm this or let me know what the cut off mark is for batteries? If it matters a few atomizers will be ordered also.

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

That price is before import/customs duties are applied. If your package is selected for inspection by revenue, you will be hit for VAT plus a €6 an Post charge. My advice would be to keep any orders coming from China/outside EU below €22 that way you won't be liable for any charges. I got stung with it in January and it hurt. Granted, it was only €16 but I won't be paying it again. I've since ordered a rake of stuff and I make sure that even if I'm buying €100 worth of stuff, it's broken down into 5 separate packages, so 5 separate orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Same as Pajo. It's exactly what I did when I ordered from Fasttech. I'd read so many stories of people having to pay x extra and really wanted to avoid that, specially since I was spending over €200 :eek: yeah, I know...

I didn't order any liquids or batteries either, in case FT didn't package up my stuff in the ten :eek: yeah, I know...separate packages I'd asked them to. But they did - you just have to mail their customer service people and ask them to separate your orders to €22 or less (whatever you order). I got a reply within two days from a very nice lady who said that's exactly what they would do for me. Didn't want to order liqs or batts at first but am now confident enough to do so :)

Advertisement