Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to increase monthly deposit 365 monthly saver

Options
  • 07-04-2014 6:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi ive had an online 365 montly saver account open for over a year and was just wondering how I increase the amount that I put in each month via direct debit as there is no option to do this online as far as I can see.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi 12gauge dave, 

Many thanks for your post. 

You can request an increase in the direct debit to your Bank of Ireland 365 Monthly Saver via your Online Service Desk inbox. Please choose the 'Ask a Question' option. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Along with the monthly amounts that are debited from your account, is it possible to move one off lump sum payments into the monthly saver account from your BOI current account? If so, can this be done on 365, like you normally do when transferring money from one account to another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your post.

A 365 Monthly Saver accepts funds via a Direct Debit payment only so it would not be possible to pay a lump sum into the account. The Direct Debit payment can be set at between €20 and €1500. You can find this information in the Terms and Conditions of the account here 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Is this the only way to do this? Seems a bit awkward to do if I'll be sending different amounts each month. I sent a message requesting an increase for this month but was told I needed to provide further details like the account number etc. Are these not linked? I signed up online but can't figure out where to find the full account details and can only see the last 4 numbers in my account list. Could you advise? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Attol

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Many of our customers find this facility very useful to amend the amounts of the monthly payments. A representative will always reply back to you confirming amendments.

The full account number is usually not necessary, you just need to select that deposit account when submitting the request. Apologies if this has not happened in your case.

If you send the request on your current account, it will be necessary to include the deposit account number (or last 4 digits) within your query, this will be then actioned and reply will be sent to you. This is to ensure the representative fully understands the particular account you would like to make the amendment on, as some customers will have more than 1 deposit account with us.

You can also request this amendment by calling Bank of Ireland 365,a representative can help action this for you, although alot of customers will prefer using the online option.

If you would like to make contact by phone, you can call 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000.

Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-12 midnight
                                                    Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm

We hope this information helps. If we can be of further help to you, please do contact us here again.

Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

Hi,
        I done this and when I click on the sent tab within the online service desk to confirm what i've sent I get logged out. See images attached.

--
    the-island-man

Hi,
        I done this and when I click on the sent tab within the online service desk to confirm what i've sent I get logged out. See images attached.

--
    the-island-man
    Hi the-island-man,

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you were logged out when trying to view your sent items. 

The system can log you out if you click twice on the same option or if you click "back" on your browser. Please try viewing your sent items again and allow enough time for the Sent Items page to load. If you continue to experience this difficulty please let us know and we will pass this on to our Online team. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Surely changing the direct debit should be a direct operation in 365 and not require a help ticket?

Red Alert wrote: »
    Surely changing the direct debit should be a direct operation in 365 and not require a help ticket?
    Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for your post. 

To amend a direct debit amount or the date of the direct debit to a Bank of Ireland deposit account, you will need to send an Ask A Question on the Online Service Desk when logged in to your account. You can also request this by calling Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to amend this also. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Thanks Sarah, I'm aware of the current situation. Perhaps the development team could look at directly enabling this facility. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for your post. 

To amend a direct debit amount or the date of the direct debit to a Bank of Ireland deposit account, you will need to send an Ask A Question on the Online Service Desk when logged in to your account. You can also request this by calling Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to amend this also. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I sent a message on the 7th of April and haven't heard anything back, not even a confirmation message to say the request had been received. I also rang BOI helpline prior to this and the operator told me I had to do it through the online portal so someone is not telling the truth there, either you or the operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for your post. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I sent a message on the 7th of April and haven't heard anything back, not even a confirmation message to say the request had been received. I also rang BOI helpline prior to this and the operator told me I had to do it through the online portal so someone is not telling the truth there, either you or the operator.
    Hi the-island-man,

Thanks for your post.

We have checked with the online 'Ask a question' Team and they are currently working through the 7th, you should receive a response shortly.

Apologies for any delay.

Janette

Advertisement