Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Irish people like Americans?

Options
  • 07-04-2014 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I am visiting Ireland for the summer, but I am a tiny bit nervous because I have heard that a lot of foreign countries do not exactly think highly of Americans. This is the first time I will have ever dared to venture out of my home country haha. So I am just wondering what to expect.
    Will people hate talking to me because I have an American accent? Are the Irish easy to be friends with? Are people going to be rude to me? AND, most importantly in my opinion, where should I go to have fun?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A bit of a general question, but I'd suggest the travel forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Ah we are lovely really. Just don't act the tit and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Just as long as you don't talk like 'oh my gaaaawd, Ire Land is so byeeeewtiful'

We eat those guys in the Old Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Kesly

Ah we are lovely really. Just don't act the tit and you'll be grand.

Lol!! Definitely not. I just don't want to have to challenge some guy to an arm wrestling competition or something because he told me my accent was dumb... Just kidding I happen to be completely terrible at arm wrestling sadly.

Just as long as you don't talk like 'oh my gaaaawd, Ire Land is so byeeeewtiful'

We eat those guys in the Old Country.

Don't call Ireland beautiful. Haha check. (:

• Advertisement

Kesly wrote: »
    Don't call Ireland beautiful. Haha check. (:

Exactly ;) Actually I live with European students and they are always going on about how beautiful the place is. I'm like 'yeah alright lads, relax' :/

Hmmm. Actually while I am thinking about it I should probably ask about key phrases too... I am assuming the slang is way different from what we have here.

Kesly wrote: »
    Hmmm. Actually while I am thinking about it I should probably ask about key phrases too... I am assuming the slang is way different from what we have here.

The American students in my Uni do find it hard sometimes alright :D

Everyone says 'top of the morning to ya'

This may be untrue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Guys, this isn't the place for it, take it over to the travel forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement