Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I had a Nintendo 64 and Goldeneye was not the great game people act like it was.
    It was the best of a bad, awful crappy bunch. That does not make it a great game. It was simply a good game, but was easily outdone by dozens of Playstation games.

Halo is the same. It's really not that great of a story, and certainly not the best FPS around.

Nintendo should just release a proper Pokemon game for PC, they would practically print money from a good PC port, and even more if they opened it up to PS4 and Xbox One.

Zelda: Ocarina of time was class. But yeah, Goldeneye wasn't as good as people say it was. Overall the N64 was shyte because the majority of games for it were overrated..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

I like the Soul Calibur games over any other fighting game franchise. I think needing to learn off combos to do well is a waste of time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't think I've ever had more fun on a N64 than when I played Pokémon Snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The best game on the N64 was Space Station Silicon Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

From arcade racers the best ones are:

SHIFT 2 > Forza > GT

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ok, here's one I don't think will get many agreements

need for speed pro street was actually a ****ing great game

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

ok, here's one I don't think will get many agreements

need for speed pro street was actually a ****ing great game

You're right you won't :)

Underground 2 was the best in the series.

This may be unpopular but
    Burnout paradise was the worst burnout game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Remouad wrote: »
    You're right you won't :)

Underground 2 was the best in the series.

agreed on all 3 :D

• From arcade racers the best ones are:

SHIFT 2 > Forza > GT

Manx TT Superbike!!!
    It only had 2 tracks but was Epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

SHIFT 2 > Forza > GT

Shift 2 is on sale now in the PS Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Remouad wrote: »

Completely agree.. I could never really get into Paradise. Bloody loved Burnout 3 and Revenge too..

Think the soundtrack was part of the reason.

• tok9 wrote: »
    Completely agree.. I could never really get into Paradise. Bloody loved Burnout 3 and Revenge too..

Think the soundtrack was part of the reason.

I hated the open world aspect having to drive to events. I wanted to get into a race by selecting it in a menu like Revenge & 3 with none of the excess nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I also did not like the open-world aspect of Burnout Paradise. I don't want to win/lose a race based on map-reading skills and not missing a turn.

I notice Paradise seems popular with people who otherwise don't really enjoy racing games - which is great for them, I guess.

The handling model is still superb, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I am of the opinion that literally every racing game you mentioned is a load of ****e. Racing games as a genre feel like a chore especially when played alone

Racing sims are incredibly dull and boring. I play games to escape from reality and as such enjoy titles such as Burnout where I can go crazy and destroy things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

SHIFT 2 > Forza > GT

Good show. Trolling people by calling the less hardcore sims 'arcadey'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Point-and-Click is a great genre that has been lost forever :(

Not enough people give Harvest Moon and Rune Factory a chance.

I preferred Skyrim to Oblivion, but still got bored towards the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Point-and-Click is a great genre that has been lost forever :(

Would the Tell Tale games not qualify as point and click? The Walking Dead games are very popular. Also the likes of Machinarium and Broken Sword were re-released last year on the Vita.

Would the Tell Tale games not qualify as point and click? The Walking Dead games are very popular. Also the likes of Machinarium and Broken Sword were re-released last year on the Vita.

I wouldn't really call the Walking Dead games P&C
    Waiting on episode 2 of the new Broken Sword, but episode 1 was too easily played.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Racing sims are incredibly dull and boring. I play games to escape from reality and as such enjoy titles such as Burnout where I can go crazy and destroy things.

Same, I'll take powersliding around corners and driving under trucks over realistic engine sounds and photoreal dashboards any day. I drive a real car every day I dont need a simulation at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Grand Theft Auto games are a massive bore fest
    Ocarina of Time isn't really that good
    Mario Kart is ****ing dire compared to CTR
    Halo is terrible and the only reason it got huge competitively was because MS paid to make it so
    Likewise LoL
    Starcraft is the most boring game to watch, ever
    Nintendo is dead and will continue to release the same franchises over and over, never improving
    Nintendo franchises are seriously overrated by fans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Euro Truck Simulator is the best realistic driving game ever. Anything else just reminds you that a Ferrari is way slower than a Burnout hatchback.

Euro Truck Simulator is the best realistic driving game ever. Anything else just reminds you that a Ferrari is way slower than a Burnout hatchback.

I grabbed the sequel for cheap awhile back and have yet to get around go it. Looking forward to sitting down some night and playing it while I listen to Convoy and Eastbound and Down on repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

krudler wrote: »
    Same, I'll take powersliding around corners and driving under trucks over realistic engine sounds and photoreal dashboards any day. I drive a real car every day I dont need a simulation at home.

It's the 'Set Ups' stuff I can't be dealing with. I've no interest in spending weeks finding the correct rising spring rate or working out the best front air dam settings for a single, solitary track. I just want to pick a car from my virtual garage and go for a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's the 'Set Ups' stuff I can't be dealing with. I've no interest in spending weeks finding the correct rising spring rate or working out the best front air dam settings for a single, solitary track. I just want to pick a car from my virtual garage and go for a race.

This, I genuinely dont care about tyres or suspension or all these ridiculous stats, it's a car you're driving with a dualshock ffs just let me race. I still think Burnout 3 is the best racing game ever made, it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I'm a massive lover of Gran Turismo and always have been, but Need for Speed: Most Wanted is the most fun I've ever had in a driving game, after CTR.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Nintendo franchises are seriously overrated by fans

It's weird when fans of something rate it highly, isn't it?

Bloody hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Not enough people give Harvest Moon and Rune Factory a chance.

Damn straight.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Damn straight.

I am concerned that my opinion is so unpopular, that I feel I detect sarcasm in your typed words :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No sarcasm. I love Harvest Moon and Run Factory. Great series of games with loads of charm. Pity I don't have the time to put into them anymore.

Advertisement