Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And if I understand correct, you calling me a hardware militant? :confused: ( if not in direct form )

Not at all, nowhere did I say or imply such a thing.

As for the google remark, it was intended as nothing more than a lighthearted contest of your statement of 'fact' as opposed to a conscious attempt to start an in depth debate on the inevitably infuriating subject :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But, I suppose not liking something strongly is equatable to liking something strongly, no?
    It seems just as irrational from the position of someone who likes pretty much almost everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Magill wrote: »
    Dafuq.... Link is a total badass Shadow.... how dare you call him "bland"... ya son of bitch ! :D

Shadow gives me memories of Shadow the Hedgehog.
    Stop it now if you value my sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I better leave Nintendo topic. It is already giving me cancer. :pac:

Here goes another unpopular opinion:

Medal of Honor Warfighter was a good game and did not deserved called "Another grey/brown military shooter", by people who never played and only watched youtube "bitching" videos, but still played their Cods and BF games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Medal of Honor Warfighter was a good game and did not deserved called "Another grey/brown military shooter", by people who never played and only watched youtube "bitching" videos, but still played their Cods and BF games.

BF is far from a grey/brown military shooter.

Yes, BF4 is an unbelieveable piece of cow dung but you cannot compare COD to BF4 sorry and I'm Top 10 in leaderboards in BF4 in country which I've not played in 2 months really and moved back to COD

Now that is near blasphemy

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    BF is far from a grey/brown military shooter.

Yes, BF4 is an unbelieveable piece of cow dung but you cannot compare COD to BF4 sorry.

I think you completely miss understood my post.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I better leave Nintendo topic. It is already giving me cancer. :pac:

Here goes another unpopular opinion:

I'm not taking this from a man that likes Heavenly Sword and Killzone yet hates Nintendo games!

I think you completely miss understood my post.

No I got it, but MOH:WF was muck

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gosullivan89

I think Infestation: Survivor stories is a great game, even though it's terribly terribly rated and the Dev's suck.

Also i don't like Zelda.... at all in anyway :(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm not taking this from a man that likes Heavenly Sword and Killzone yet hates Nintendo games!

Nintendo's pinnacle was the N64 anything after that has been rubbish IMO.

edit: actually I tell a lie, the Nintendo Gamecube has some savage games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I got Heavenly Sword cheap in Tesco the other day. Thank God all that tilting your controller nonsense never took off…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo's pinnacle was the N64 anything after that has been rubbish IMO

I found the N64 to be Nintendo's low point myself. It had far and away the worst Mario Kart with Mario Kart 64 and it was just an all around dreadful console. It was far more powerful than the PS1 yet hardware designs such as only allowing 64Kb textures left games looking awful in comparison. Someone of their games are very hard to go back to. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask while great games are hard to play now. It takes an awful long time to get into them due to the poor graphics and crappy game engine.

Once the Gamecube and GBA came Nintendo really out did themselves with amazing titles and they made some stunning games on the Wii. The DS is probably my favourite console of all time.

I still think their golden years were on the SNES/Gameboy.

Wow, such wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

SAskMIQ.png

No I got it, but MOH:WF was muck

You actually reminded me of another unpopular opinion. :p

I am not defending publishers who launch buggy games, BUT when someone plays almost 500 hours a game and then gets a full refund as "item is not fit for purpose", it makes me go:

1309974258971.jpg

I found the N64 to be Nintendo's low point myself. It had far and away the worst Mario Kart with Mario Kart 64 and it was just an all around dreadful console.

Never have and never will care about Mario and thats the problem with people into Nintendo they always bring it back to Mario games when fact is there are many games on the platform ALOT more playable than a generic Mario game.

Some of my choice games from the N64 include (and not a Mario game in sight):

1080 Snowboarding
    007: Goldeneye
    Bomberman 64
    Bust A Move
    Destruction Derby 64
    Earthworm Jim
    International Super Star Soccer
    International Track and Field
    Zelda : Ocarina of Time (Didn't like Majoras Mask)
    Mortal Kombat 4
    NBA Jam 99
    Nuclear Strike 64
    Perfect Dark
    Quake 2
    Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
    Resident Evil 2
    San Francisco Rush
    South Park: Chefs Luv Shack
    Spider Man
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
    WCW/NWO Revenge

I am not defending publishers who launch buggy games, BUT when someone plays almost 500 hours a game and then gets a full refund as "item is not fit for purpose", it makes me go:

Gone be the days where a developer had to get it fully right first time and couldn't patch a game after release.

Like I said before 500 hours to you might seem like alot but to a competitive player it's pissing time and the games still broken :P:P:P:P

You will get an heart attack now! :p

Heavenly sword and Dantes inferno are my favourite "God of war clone" type games ( including god of war it self too ) of them all. The only 2 I finished as I liked them so much.

*watches retro fall dawn. :D

** I liked Bayonetta, but my 360 died and I never came back to it. I got it for ps3 now and I plan on coming back to it. I dont really care about battle system and how good or bad it is, I just like the game it self.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Pokemon / Mario / Zelda

They were games.

The constant circlejerking all over them is so annoying.

Hence why Nintendo keep rehashing the same things again and again.

(I await your collective circlejerking death threats)

Korvanica wrote: »

Quoted for absolute truth

• Advertisement

Out of all the games you listed miju, only 1 (Ocarina) is actually from Nintendo. The rest have mostly either dated badly, are better on playstation or other formats. I'll give you the wrestling games though.

I usually find Mario top of the heap when it comes to platform games with the rest being pale imitations. Even Rare's most lauded work on the N64 was desperately trying to be like Mario 64 and never really reached that level. I'd take diddy kong racing, F-zero X, Beetle Adventure Racing and San Francisco Rush any day over Mario Kart 64 though. That game just wasn't very good.

You will get an heart attack now! :p

Heavenly sword and Dantes inferno are my favourite "God of war clone" type games ( including god of war it self too ) of them all. The only 2 I finished as I liked them so much.

*watches retro fall dawn. :D

** I liked Bayonetta, but my 360 died and I never came back to it. I got it for ps3 now and I plan on coming back to it. I dont really care about battle system and how good or bad it is, I just like the game it self.

Not mad about God of War games. I liked the first one, really liked the second one and hated 3. I did like the PSP games though.

However God of War and it's clones totally pale in comparison to Something like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. I'd much rather play a technical fighter like that than a button mashing GoW clone so I'll give you that one since I've not bothered with those two games much.

Gone be the days where a developer had to get it fully right first time and couldn't patch a game after release.

Like I said before 500 hours to you might seem like alot but to a competitive player it's pissing time and the games still broken :P:P:P:P

Well, I just think there is a fine line between piss taking and legit. From both sides by the way and in no way I defend EA for a rushed game.
    For me, it takes few hours or a few minutes to realise that game is not fit for purpose. If you managed to get 500 hours of gameplay out of it on such "broken" game and then getting a refund, then it goes in to "piss taking" category for me.

Fact is, I got BF4 on PC and PS4, both with Premiums. I have only 80h played between them and it is more then playable for months now. The worst was the first month and after that its playable and enjoyable. I can see myself playing it a lot more and I dont really think its fair to demand refund. **** netcode though, still ****. :p

Korvanica wrote: »
    Pokemon / Mario / Zelda

They were games.

(I await your collective circlejerking death threats)

Can't be bothered, just search for the last dozen people who said it and read what the counter arguments were.

Also, I'm assuming your frustrated the use of the same stock characters in Nintendo games.
    Not sure because first you u say they were games then say people are "circlejerking" about them now...
    What?

I can assume that you feel the same about the other franchises being constantly reused, Assassins Creed, Batman, Uncharted, MoH, COD, Gears of War, God of War.
    A bunch of soulless reheats by your logic, yes?

Here's an unpopular opinion from a Nintendo fan.

The zelda series needs a kick up the arse and to try something new.

Nearly every zelda game since Link to the Past has been remaking Link to the Past in some way. The games just play it safe with the same formula over and over. While I do enjoy the games it gets old fast so much so that I didn't really enjoy Skyward Sword.

Zelda really should have more inventive entries in the series. Links Awakening and Majora's Mask are two of my favourites in the series, MAjora's being my absolute favourite, and both demonstrate how you can take the established Zelda formula and craft and totally unique and brilliant game out of it.

I'd love to see Nintendo be brave enough to craft another game as inventive as Majora's Mask. It's even more frustrating that the person over Zelda at the moment has been in charge since Majora's Mask and Majora's Mask was his first time in a lead role with the series.

Fact is, I got BF4 on PC and PS4, both with Premiums. I have only 80h played between them and it is more then playable for months now. The worst was the first month and after that its playable and enjoyable. I can see myself playing it a lot more and I dont really think its fair to demand refund. **** netcode though, still ****. :p

You see for you as a casual gamer 80hrs is alot, for me 80hrs is just getting used the maps. For me 500 hours in competitive gaming is small and what you see as normal I would see as a glaring problem with the game.

I still dip into it for about 30 mins or so once a week to keep check of the game but it's still badly broken.

But I tell you what though if you can tell me how the below video from a competitive point of view is acceptable then I'll concede your point.

Recorded few days ago btw:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You see for you as a casual gamer 80hrs is alot, for me 80hrs is just getting used the maps. For me 500 hours in competitive gaming is small and what you see as normal I would see as a glaring problem with the game.
    uh5A6.gif

gizmo wrote: »
    uh5A6.gif

Well assuming his gamertag is ShadowHearth04 then it's a pretty damn fair assumption :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Zelda games are rubbish

• Advertisement

I put 100 hours into Xenoblade, do I get a non-casual gamer badge as well?

Advertisement