Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting Psychic Cords

• 07-04-2014 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

A few months ago I met a guy and had a brief 'thing' with him. However he left a profound impression on me and I think about him a lot.
    I've really tried to move on with my life, but I keep going back to thoughts about him.

I knew nothing about psychic cords and it's only when I did a bit of reading that I found about them. Anyway before I knew about cords, I could see in my mind a cord between us - at times it is a beautiful white light, full of life and sparking energy everywhere.
    At other times it is a thick wire rope (about 1inch diameter), with some rust, but the white energy comes sparking out the end of it.

The cord is connected to the heart or slightly below it.

Anyway I really think I need to cut any psychic ties with him in order to move on.
    Can anyone give me some advice regarding this.

(I don't know if this makes any difference, but I like this guy and it wasn't my choice to end it. But if nothing is going to happen between us then it is for the best that I move on.
    Also I went to a psychic lady a few months ago and she told me I had a past life with a man and there was a magnetic attraction between us. I don't know if she was referring to this guy or a previous boyfriend but I definitely had a 'met you before' vibe with this guy.)

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

A few months ago I met a guy and had a brief 'thing' with him. However he left a profound impression on me and I think about him a lot.
    I've really tried to move on with my life, but I keep going back to thoughts about him.

I knew nothing about psychic cords and it's only when I did a bit of reading that I found about them. Anyway before I knew about cords, I could see in my mind a cord between us - at times it is a beautiful white light, full of life and sparking energy everywhere.
    At other times it is a thick wire rope (about 1inch diameter), with some rust, but the white energy comes sparking out the end of it.

The cord is connected to the heart or slightly below it.

Anyway I really think I need to cut any psychic ties with him in order to move on.
    Can anyone give me some advice regarding this.

(I don't know if this makes any difference, but I like this guy and it wasn't my choice to end it. But if nothing is going to happen between us then it is for the best that I move on.
    Also I went to a psychic lady a few months ago and she told me I had a past life with a man and there was a magnetic attraction between us. I don't know if she was referring to this guy or a previous boyfriend but I definitely had a 'met you before' vibe with this guy.)

Thanks for reading

Cutting is aggressive and a form of attack. When this guy comes into your mind just remember that he deserves to be as happy as you. Wish him well and if he is not meant to come back to you he will not. Put no thought or feeling into past or future in relation to this and let the cords dissolve and evaporate gently.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Well said xenophile. Cords are non beneficial ties that take and drain from you.this does not sound like what your experiencing.It's nice that you've crossed paths with another soul that you recognise from another lifetime. Whether it's just that or more, is anybodies guess. I'd take the positives from the fact that your evolving to the point where you recognise connections when they occur !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Thanks for the replies.
    I had no idea that cutting cords was an attack.
    Would it not be beneficial to NOT have a cord between us, since our paths have diverged?
    I just feel 'tied' to him and it's making it hard to move on

I wish no harm to this guy. I've forgiven him for any hurt he caused me (in my mind).

About cords - how do they form? Is it with people we have 'connections' with?
    Do we have them with close friends and family?

Whether we realise it or not we're connected to every person on the planet, on some level, as we're all from one source. That's why when we hurt others, we hurt ourselves. Likewise when we're good to other, we're good to ourselves. You said you've forgiven him in your mind, but have you let him go ? Try and visualise him in your mind and talking to him. Tell him you are letting him go and visualise you releasing him. Then visualise him floating away happily.
    Hope this helps.
    To me cords are unnecessary tries or attachments that we seem to pick up along the way, ( like litter or debris ) that we can choose to shake off, to lesson any burdens we carry. By cutting them or cleansing ourselves, we can move forward in a more refreshed way. It's like driving around in a car. Notice how it gets dusty from regular daily use, and needs to go through a car wash every now and again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

We meet lots of People on our journey, some briefly, some for longer periods, but they ALL come and go or we leave them, some have a deeper or more profound effect on us then others, these are the one's that are carrying our lessons to/for us, the ones we are bonded or tied too, they can be family or not, our friends and our enemies our saviours and our attackers. The lesson being the feeling that is evoked or brought up in us by their presence or actions in our life, some can bring out the anger or sadness in us, others bring out the love and joy in us, whatever they are bringing out in us, is in us already, they are only showing us ourselves and the feelings that we are capable of and responsible for creating.

Cutting the ties or cords with this guy without dealing with the feeling that he is showing you that you have, is only putting of the inevitable, and someone or something else will take his place to bring out or up the same feeling, when you deal with the feelings the cords will dissolve with the love and light that you shine in your healing process

Happy Every Day
    P

• Advertisement

Try and visualise him in your mind and talking to him. Tell him you are letting him go and visualise you releasing him. Then visualise him floating away happily.

I tried this. Thanks Green Farmer.
    Cutting the ties or cords with this guy without dealing with the feeling that he is showing you that you have, is only putting of the inevitable

I have mixed feelings when I think of him. I think I need to think about what is the overriding feeling - might have to sleep on it.

I think I know the life lesson he is teaching me and it's actually a pretty profound one - one that will actually change my life. I think that is why I find it hard not thinking of him, because he would be the catalyst for this great change.

I tried this. Thanks Green Farmer.

I have mixed feelings when I think of him. I think I need to think about what is the overriding feeling - might have to sleep on it.

I think I know the life lesson he is teaching me and it's actually a pretty profound one - one that will actually change my life. I think that is why I find it hard not thinking of him, because he would be the catalyst for this great change.

You are in danger of becoming very confused putting yourself out there seeking and advice on discussion boards etc, already after visiting a psychic lady, it's fine when you need a little direction to look for it. But after that............

I am sure you know the answer only lies within yourself, be with yourself quietly and accept all that is coming into your life here and now. A book that may help you by Eckhart Tolle is called "The Power Of Now". One poster has already asked you to focus on the positive that this encounter has already brought.

So my final suggestion is for you to stop brooding on everything associated with this experience and get on with life in it's totality.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    You are in danger of becoming very confused putting yourself out there seeking and advice on discussion boards etc, already after visiting a psychic lady, it's fine when you need a little direction to look for it. But after that............

I went to the psychic lady in January.
    The reason I came here was because I still had this problem.
    Xenophile wrote: »
    So my final suggestion is for you to stop brooding on everything associated with this experience and get on with life in it's totality.

If only it were that easy, I would have done it weeks ago!
    Turning off feelings for someone is not like a switch.
    I just feel I need a clean break (psychically) in order for me to move on, and that's why I came on here.
    Although I shouldn't have to justify my reasons.

I know you probably mean well Xenophile, but your post kind of says "Just get over it. Full stop"
    I am looking for advice on HOW to do just that.
    I'll have a look at that book you suggested. Thank you

This is a bit out there and this is a spiritual forum , I might get criticism for this, but here goes.

Maybe your current situation has not as much to do this person, but instead what they remind you of. You could be going through a spiritual awakening, where you seek and want answers to things on a deeper level,such as why we are here, etc. People search for that place we call "home". The place we come from and where we will return to some day. You could be homesick on a subconscious level therefore clinging to this person as you recognise them from home and from the same soul group. Soul groups have many members and can be like a large family but are of a similar vibration.
    When you clear the drama and frustrations around you, the answer will be clear. Nobody will know what's best for you more then you do. Have faith in yourself. You'll get there

• Advertisement

You could be going through a spiritual awakening, where you seek and want answers to things on a deeper level,such as why we are here, etc.

Thanks Green farmer. I am definitely going through a spiritual awakening. I think that's why it's so hard.

I going to read more about soul groups. The more I read about this the more I see that we are here to learn lessons and life is starting to make sense to me. But at the same time, I'm also confused.
    I'm hoping as time goes by, it will just get clearer.

Thank you

I going to read more about soul groups. The more I read about this the more I see that we are here to learn lessons and life is starting to make sense to me. But at the same time, I'm also confused.
    I'm hoping as time goes by, it will just get clearer.

Thank you[/quote]

What if all of these chain of events in your life were all designed to get you to the point, where you are asking these questions ?
    The only thing I can say to you is take your time and be gentle with yourself. Trust your gut. There's a lot of stuff out there, find what feels right for you. Don't get bogged down on things that are too complicated. Keep it simple.

What if all of these chain of events in your life were all designed to get you to the point, where you are asking these questions.

It's funny you should say that.
    Even just looking back to the events that happened since last Summer - one thing happened after the other, like a knock on effect, that led me to where I am now spiritually.

And just a casual look back at my life, I can pinpoint people I've had encounters with that have changed the course of my life. (Sometimes they were even 'chance' encounters.)

It's all amazing really, like a big puzzle. I'm going to read as much as I can, and as you say, keep it simple and to go easy.
    I'm hoping one day, that I'll have the answers (or maybe you never get to know them all?) or at least be more discerning and careful with who I let into my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

It's funny you should say that.
    Even just looking back to the events that happened since last Summer - one thing happened after the other, like a knock on effect, that led me to where I am now spiritually.

And just a casual look back at my life, I can pinpoint people I've had encounters with that have changed the course of my life. (Sometimes they were even 'chance' encounters.)

It's all amazing really, like a big puzzle. I'm going to read as much as I can, and as you say, keep it simple and to go easy.
    I'm hoping one day, that I'll have the answers (or maybe you never get to know them all?) or at least be more discerning and careful with who I let into my life.

It's called being 'Guided, it is happening to every one of us all the time, some see it for what it is, others don't, and even more don't want too!, whether we see it or not doesn't effect it happening or not - we cant opt out -.

We are being guided from one meeting/situation/circumstance to another for us to see all the range of emotions and feelings that we are capable of producing/creating (not catching like a virus).

We are being guided HOME, when we are experiencing love/peace flowing through and from us, we are home, when we feel all/any other feelings we have left home in favour of some/thing/one that we deem to be more important than HOME.

Ultimately we are being guided to make choices to change the energy/feelings that we are producing/creating, it's always about us and not them.

Be careful looking for answers, for the most part they lead to more questions and it's the ego that seeks answers, the spirit seeks to share/shine love, as long as you are spending your valuable time seeking answers you are 'not at home' or 'in peace'. It may be wiser to 'HOPE!' that one day I don't need to any more answers because I 'KNOW' (myself).

Happy Every Day
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

OP, I can understand yourr feelings in this case. Some rare people seem to make such a deep psychic impression on us that it is hard not to obsess about them, or feel unrealistic projections towards them, or live in a sort of reflected glow of our imaginings about them. Perhaps it is past life magnetism. I don't know, but in the end it does not matter, because in order to be whole and happy the most important thing is we have to come back to ourselves.

If you look carefully you will find that the obsessive link is connected to a wound. He has wounded you on some level mainly because you love(d) him so much that it was unexpected. Or he has awoken an old wound because of remembrance of patterns from the past. If you look at relationships with those you love and who love you that do not cause this troubling, nagging, constant psychic link, you will find it is because you are free and they are free and you have not wounded each other. There is no place for obsession to latch onto.

I find visualising yourself surrounded by an egg of white light, and flames on the outside of that egg preserving your integrity, and then gracefully withdrawing hooks you have projected and gracefully disconnecting hooks that have been projected into you. Just a gentle compassionate unlatching. Then ask whatever benevolent Beings you feel affiliated with to cleanse your whole self on all levels of the negative taint left in the wake of this relationship (ie the effects of the wound or any sadness hurt it brought up etc.) This way you will preserve the good and positive that has passed and still passes between you both. And you can move on as a free essence, connected yes, but deeply independent.

Repeat the practice for a while. Get involved in flow activities that stop you brooding. Come back to your Self.

All the best.

How are the rest of us managing without this in our lives?

"Seeking and searching does not always bring learning, and all the books that have been written cannot give wisdom, these things must come from the inner self"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

How are the rest of us managing without this in our lives?

Hi Chuckyarelaw. There are different ways of looking at things, different languages we use according to our nature. One who dislikes esoteric language might say that we employ rational cognitive techniques to encourage the brain plasticity so that we retrain the neurons to follow different pathways. This is a common, often unconscious practice in the human brain, but scientifically well accepted and proven. One only has to look at the misfiring loop in the amygdala that is present in PTSD, for example, to witness how these neuronal pathways may sometimes become faulty. Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves how to retrain.

Jung said the western mind responds particularly well to visualisation or active imagination, as opposed to the abstract inclinations of the eastern mind when the dismissal of all mentation is more easily achieved as it is culturally acceptable. And also some people's natures tend towards the mystic, which may be viewed by others as a non-empirical state of being, but I would strongly disagree. This is far too much evidence out there of the existence of subtler states of being and energy for one to be dismissive. The world of quantum science is as metaphysical as many esoteric pathways.

Therefore, the visualisation or experience of subtle essence may be more attractive to some than to others, may be more attainable in some psyches than in others. We should not dismiss what we do not personally experience. Live and let live I reckon is a good policy.

Hi Chuckyarelaw. There are different ways of looking at things, different languages we use according to our nature. One who dislikes esoteric language might say that we employ rational cognitive techniques to encourage the brain plasticity so that we retrain the neurons to follow different pathways. This is a common, often unconscious practice in the human brain, but scientifically well accepted and proven. One only has to look at the misfiring loop in the amygdala that is present in PTSD, for example, to witness how these neuronal pathways may sometimes become faulty. Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves how to retrain.

Jung said the western mind responds particularly well to visualisation or active imagination, as opposed to the abstract inclinations of the eastern mind when the dismissal of all mentation is more easily achieved as it is culturally acceptable. And also some people's natures tend towards the mystic, which may be viewed by others as a non-empirical state of being, but I would strongly disagree. This is far too much evidence out there of the existence of subtler states of being and energy for one to be dismissive. The world of quantum science is as metaphysical as many esoteric pathways.

Therefore, the visualisation or experience of subtle essence may be more attractive to some than to others, may be more attainable in some psyches than in others. We should not dismiss what we do not personally experience. Live and let live I reckon is a good policy.

A load of bullsh1t!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

chuckyarelaw don't post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Just for record.. cutting of the ties does involve sending a healing to the other person and not an attack! I have done this in the past and used 1. Angelic assistance 2. Healing 3. Emotional Trauma Release Therapy

Cutting of cords is about getting rid of what you no longer wish to be tied to.. however, if they are meant to be in your life.. they can remain so.

It is a process of safely letting go part of a connection that no longer serves you or holds emotional hurt... however, you do send them love and healing ... regardless of who they are (for protection of both parties)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

I don't think cutting cords in an attack, I believe it's simply servering ties that no longer serve either of you, why would that be an attack.

If you believe in angels, you can ask Archangel Michael to cut the cord for you or visualize it and then cut it yourself with a imaginary scissor or knife and release that person fully to the light. Good luck with it and remember, you're not attacking someone, merely releasing that which no longer serves you.

Thanks everyone for all your replies. I think the cords may have been cut or they've dissipated somewhat because I don't feel as strongly as I once did (well I change my mind a lot, so I'm hoping this is permanent!).

I actually visualised him and all I could see was a little, spindly chord from me to him (full of light) and behind him there was lots of tentacle-like projections (2 or 3 on each side - I don't know why I saw this).

Anyway I sent him away with love and light and wish the best for him.

Advertisement